On November 19th, 2015 ABCey had to the pleasure of teaming with Sephora to create a fabulous holiday event honoring VIB Rouge clientele, giving them an exclusive look at the Sephora flagship store on Powell St. in San Francisco! Sephora’s “store of the future” featured never before seen interactive screens that allowed guests to view tutorials and watch other beauty videos at the touch of a button. Additionally, the store was modernized and streamlined for ultimate easy navigation. Features like a skincare station, multiple makeover stations, and interactive iPads are what make this Sephora unique. View the full gallery here!
Top 10 of the highlights from the exclusive event!
1. Holiday’s Done Modern
The event’s aesthetic was very clean and modern with a touch of the classic holiday colors. The palette was black, white, gold, and hints of red. These colors were incorporated into all the event decor, most noticeably in the frames of the store which were outlined with sleek gold and adorned with giant red bows.
2. Interactive Photo Booth & Themed Props
Sharing the fun via social media was a breeze with the interactive ‘gif’ booth by Bosco that allowed for instant sharing. They created a custom branded booth, and guests received a live action ‘gif’ so they’ll never forget this amazing event! The custom beauty props added to the photo booth fun with items like sparkly red lips, hair styling tools, and lipstick.
3. Fashion Sketches
We all know fashion and beauty go hand in hand, so notable fashion illustrator Jane Kirby (aka Jane Paints Beauty) on Instagram joined us to paint custom live portraits of VIB Rouge guests. These took her about 5 mins and each guest received a fabulous keepsake. How’s that for fast fashion?!
4. Live Airbrushing
Adding to the holiday wonderland feel, artist Audette Sophia of Catalyst Arts offered hand stenciled airbrushing for guests. Her stencils included tiny snowflakes, geometric shapes, and feathery lines to add to the already amazing Sephora makeovers.
5. Bodypainted & Airbrushed Models
The essence of the event was captured with two live models (painted by Audette) who showcased the classic Sephora rugby stripe with a little gold holiday sparkle and a big red bow. The models walked around the event taking pictures and spreading excitement for the holidays.
6. Dessert Table
“Black Diamond” Chocolate Germain-Robin Cupcakes, “Golden” 14k Gold and Hazelnut Macaroons, and Champagne White Chocolate and Red Wine Velvet Cakepops were on display…oh my! To commemorate the new store, we provided custom holiday themed desserts from one of our amazing partners, Grace Street Catering. Along with these decadent treats, servers passed henna painted truffles and truffled popcorn for guests to enjoy while doing some serious shopping!
7. Mini Beverages
To give guests something to sip on during the event the cutest ever Mini Moet champagne bottles were flowing, as well as Underwood Pinot Gris in cans (yes, cans of wine…but fancy ones)! Guests could drink and be merry while enjoying all the shopping and fun activities the event had to offer. We’ll toast to that!
8. Glam Makeovers
With over 50 Sephora team workers and pro makeup artists at the event, complimentary makeovers and consultations were provided for guests. From natural to smokey eyes, the pro team went to work on clients as they described their vision of the perfect holiday look!
9. Gift Tote
Looks like Christmas came early this year! Each VIB Rouge guest got to take home a little something special after the festivities. The custom tote featured Jane Kirby’s illustration and a multitude of Sephora goodies inside.
10. Holiday Shopping
Who needs to wait for black Friday? Exclusive products were showcased and made available for VIB Rouge guests to get first access to them in the store, allowing for guests to get their holiday shopping done early!
This holiday launch party left VIB Rouge clientele beaming with holiday spirit (or maybe it’s just the highlighter)! We had such a fabulous time with Sephora, and are grateful to have co-produced such a fun event for the ultimate beauty mecca!
The holidays are upon us and it’s time to get shopping for some truly awesome gifts for family and friends! ABCey has some great ideas from local vendors, so you can get your loved ones something unique and help small businesses in the process. Take the pressure off with our specially curated holiday gift guide!
This week we are tackling gifts for her. From the tomboy to the girly girl and everything in between, we have gift options for the special lady in your life that are sure to make her cry (tears of joy of course) when she opens these incredible gifts!
Our Top 8 Picks:
1. For the Plant Lover
Give a living gift this Christmas with Botany Decor! Not your traditional flowers, these meticulously hand picked succulents won’t die out and brighten up any room with their rustic approach to decor. From their wooden designed frames to the hand crafted shape these add something special to any space and are sure to be a present she will love! See the arrangements and order here.
2. For the Techie
There’s a good chance the techie in your family has already got their hands on the latest and greatest tech. Give her the gift of customization with personalized dock stations, cases, and add on’s to make her valuables look as interesting as what they do. Take a look at Clique Shops device cases ranging in a multitude of colors and finishes that are sure to be a holiday hit!
3. For the World Traveler
For the constant traveler there is really no place like home. Give her something to remissness with a large travel map she can hang in her room. Map Republic offers large framed vintage maps that will add wander lust to any interior. They even come with push pins so she can mark all the places shes been. Bon Voyage!
4. For the Foodie
The elusive foodie has eaten at the best places and is the most knowledgeable when it comes to restaurants. Put their dining skills where their mouth is by helping them create a fantastic dish on their own! The deluxe DIY cheese making kit by Urban Cheese Craft does this by providing all the essential tools for gourmet cheese making! Bon Apetite.
5. For the Fashionista
Nothing says Merry Christmas like a little sparkle! Skip the diamonds and go for something urban and trendy like druzy. The raw cut of druzy stone makes for a unique all over sparkle that is featured in a collection of enchanting colors. These gold druzy necklaces from Song Yee Designs are so beautiful, she’ll never take them off.
6. For the Makeup Obsessed
Any makeup lover knows the #1 problem they will face is storage and organization! Get her something useful by gifting an acrylic makeup storage box. Clear storage boxes, like these 5 tier ones from Glamoure Box, seriously reduce clutter and allow her to see all the tools as shes getting her glam on!
7. For the Yogi
Yogi’s everywhere love this season for it’s serene winter setting and the peace that abounds with this holiday. Give her something to make her morning ritual even more special with a customized yoga mat. With My Custom Yoga Mat you can pick her favorite color for the mat and adorn it with her initials to truly give her the gift of serenity.
8. For the Perfect Hostess
What to give to the hostess with the mostest? Look no further than the tools of the trade. Wooden spoons or wine stoppers from Personalized Gallery let you pick engraved images and words that can leave a lasting impression as well as provide a useful keepsake that makes all the details come together.
Don’t let the rain stand in the way of getting out this weekend! There are tons of awesome events going on, and we can’t wait to share our favorite picks! Our Weekend Lineup features a great mix of activities including tech mixers, a Film Festival, a Valentine’s themed 5k dash, and more.
FEATURED EVENT | Startup & Tech Mixer| 181 Third Street |Friday, February 7th| 5pm | San Francisco is a city filled with startups and tech companies! The Startup & Tech organization creates opportunities for learning, inspiration, and creation. The platform fosters an environment where participants can have interactions with the best and brightest of today’s innovators. This fun experience will include music, interactive exhibits, art displays, a speaker series with 4 dynamic panels and more! Get your tickets for this can’t miss event.
1. CrowdFunding Movement Extravaganza| 111 Minna|Thursday, February 6th |6-10 pm| The CrowdFunding Movement is throwing a party to celebrate Valentine’s Day. Come enjoy delicious sweets and drink specials at the city’s premier entrepreneurship event made possible by Crowdfunders for Crowdfunders. Product designers and developers will participate in a Keynote Speaker Series to showcase how they are using crowdfunding and technologies to startup. Entry is free, so get your tickets now!
2. SF Independent Film Fest | Roxie and Brava Theaters |Ongoing from February 6th|One of the cities biggest film festivals, also known as SF Indie, celebrates its “Sweet 16th” and kicks off this weekend! This annual festival showcases the best in independent, alternative, and subversive cinema from all around the globe. Screenings will be held at the Roxie and Brava Theaters in SF and at the New Parkway in Oakland. Don’t forget to attend the awesome parties such as the annual Disco costume party and The Big Lebowski party! Check out the full lineup and ticket information.
3. Food from The Heart| Ferry Plaza |Friday, February 7th |5-7:30 pm|Come out to stroll the candlelit Grand Nave where the Marketplace merchants and restaurateurs will be offering seasonal hors d’oeuvres ($2-4 each) and Slow Food will pour wine from different wine bars($6-8 per glass). The proceeds of these purchases benefit Slow Food San Francisco. Additionally, you can take advantage of the marketplace shops open until 8pm for Valentine shopping!
4. Salted featuring DJ Spinna|Mighty|Saturday, February 8th |6-10 pm|Best known around these parts for his Wonderfull Stevie Wonder tribute nights and Michael Jackson vs. Prince “soul slam” events, DJ Spinna makes his way back to the Bay from Brooklyn. He will debut at the soulful house haven Salted. As both a producer and DJ, Spinna has deep roots in house, soul, funk, and hip-hop. We can definitely expect to hear an eclectic mix from him!
5. San Francisco Valentine’s Day Dash 5K|Music Concourse, Golden Gate Park|Sunday, February 9th |9am|Come out for this Valentine’s day themed run/walk where people can participate individually or as a two-person team! There will be a costume contest, participant shirts, Tunnel of Love sign making area, free food and drink, and a finish-line festival beer garden! There is also a free kids dash for children 10 & under.
The weekend is just around the corner and we couldn’t be more excited! Just in time for the holiday spirit, we’ve got everything from a tree lighting ceremony, an SF Opera performance to a massive wine tasting event. Keep reading to find out more of ABCey’s fave picks!
1. Poolside DJ Set | Friday, November 22 | 9pm | Audio Discotech | Just because the weather has gotten colder, doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy summer-sounding music. This Los Angeles duo, also known as Poolside, is set to bring what they call ‘daytime-disco’. Their music will bring you straight to the beach or the pool party, or wherever you find your sunny paradise!
2. Pier 39’s Tree Lighting Ceremony | Saturday, November 23rd | 3pm | Pier 39 | Come down to the Pier for their annual tree lighting ceremony! There will be a ton of activities for the kids, such as a meet and greet with friends from the Disneyland Resort. There will also be performances from local Bay Area choirs. Make sure you stick around to the end of the night to watch the 60ft majestic Christmas tree lighting ceremony!
3. Monarch 2 Year Anniversary | Saturday, November 23rd | 10pm | Monarch SF | Time flies when you’re having fun! Come celebrate with the club that has seamlessly changed the face of the San Francisco night life scene. This party will not only feature some of the hottest DJs, but also Monarch’s friend Danny Daze. Get ready for a great night of dancing and celebrations!
4. San Francisco Vinters Market | Saturday, November 23rd – Sunday, November 24th | 12 – 4pm | Fort Mason Center | This is the first and only wine tasting and buying event in the Bay Area. Up to 200 wineries from Napa Valley, Sonoma County, Santa Barbara and beyond will be pouring their favorite wines including new releases, special collections and hard to find vintages for you to taste and buy!
5. SF Opera presents The Barber of Seville | Sunday, November 24th | 2pm | War Memorial Opera House | Enjoy a wonderful performance by the San Francisco Opera. Along with the romantic and melodic voices come impressive stage and costume designs. They cleverly transform from white to bright colors as the evening progresses. If you’ve never been to the opera before, this would definitely be a great experience for you!
‘Tis the season! We know it seems too early to plan for the holiday season, but the stores are already practically decorated! Let ABCey put the “holly jolly” back into your holiday event.
Just like plane tickets and gift shopping, everything’s better when you get it done early! Event venues book up extremely early and get pricier as December approaches. Trust ABCey’s relationships with venues and vendors across the Bay Area to get you the best spot for your holiday get-together before the chance passes you by!
This year, actually have some fun at a holiday party! Whether it’s a corporate event or a personal party, ABCey handles every detail so your event will be as perfect and special as if you’d planned it yourself. If you have any questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org !
When you’re debating whether or not to attend an out-of-town event, the last thing you want to worry about is hotel prices. Nobody likes booking a hotel room only to find out that the price dropped. UGH! ABCey came across a new service called Tingo, which automatically gives you a refund if the price of your hotel room drops. As event planners, this is something great to recommend to guests and invitees of your events.
A TripAdvisor subsidiary, Tingo aims to prevent those frustrating phone calls to the hotel or booking company trying to get reimbursed. Many times, conferences and popular events will offer you hotel deals. If, however, the designated hotel is all booked up you may rely on Tingo to get ultimately get you the best deal. For example, if you’re attending a weekday event in New York City, they saw prices drop at an average of almost $40 within a 30-day period. Here for a wedding in San Francisco? 136 hotels dropped an average of $52.
Clearly, there is money to be saved and with this tool you just might be able to convince that hesitant event guest to attend your event! Furthermore, why waste that extra money when you can spend it elsewhere and enjoy the city you’re visiting a little bit more? Let us know if you’ve had any experiences with Tingo or if you’re going to give it a whirl in the comments below or on Facebook & Twitter.
With plenty of events today alone, you’re sure to find something unique and fun to do in honor of St. Valentine. Make sure to stop by Union Square at noon to celebrate the launch of the SF Service route for BlackJet, produced by yours truly, ABCey! If you’re too busy to celebrate with your sweetheart today, fear not! Attend one of these super fun events and you’re sure to make up for it. No sweetheart? Don’t let that stop you from spreading the love! We’ve got plenty of ideas to fill your weekend with exciting events to attend with friends. HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!
1. Swinging Valentine’s, Burlesque & Live Music | February 14 | 5pm | 50 Mason Social House | Join 50 Mason Social House on Valentine’s Day for free Swing Dance Lessons from 5-7pm by the Bay Area Swing Allstars, followed by live Burlesque Performances by Hunny Bunny & Her Hot Toddies at 8pm. They’ll be rounding off the night with a live performance by house favorites Eggplant Casino. No cover charge all night long.
2. Vestivus For The Rest Of Us: $5 Comedy & Music Variety Show | February 14 | 7pm| Red Devil Lounge, SF | W*A*S*H* is an experimental weekly variety show at the Red Devil Lounge which promises to blur the line between performers and audience. The night features stand up comedy from Joe Gorman, Mike Spiegelman & Natasha Muse plus Musical Guest, John Murry and a Valentine Swap hosted by BetaDater.
3. Viva Amore! Viva Wine! 2013 | February 15 | 6pm | Rock Wall Wine Company, Alameda | Grab your loved ones and join the Rock Wall Wine Company for a celebration of wine, amore and life! They’re turning the cellar into a land of romance, filled with beautiful wines, yummy treats, rockin’ music and lots of East Bay Love!
4. 4th Annual Chocolate and Beer Festival | February 16 | 12pm | The Craneway Pavilion, Richmond | Do you like chocolate? Do you like beer? Embark on a gourmet adventure at the Chocolate and Beer Festival at Craneway Pavilion at the Richmond Marina. Sample local craft brews and chocolates from the Bay Area’s finest chocolatiers.
5. Tulipmania 2013 Opening Day | February 17 | 10am | Pier 39 | Pier 39 comes alive with the vibrant colors of thousands of blooming tulips and seasonal garden favorites throughout both levels of Pier 39. Enjoy daily free, guided landscaping tours beginning at 10 a.m. in Pier 39′s Entrance Plaza. Make sure to bring your cameras to capture what’s blooming.
Just in time for Valentine’s Day, Amazon is at it again with a new interactive map. This time targeting those who have a special place in their heart for love stories. You might recall the last time they used an interactive map of “blue” and “red” states as an attempt to follow the top political reads in America for the 2012 U.S. presidential election. Using the same idea in a slightly different approach, they have created a map with a heart inside each of the 50 states.
When you click on the heart, you’re taken to a romance novel set in that state along with additional reading suggestions. Though some picks might not scream romance, each book promises some element of love–whether it be among family, friends, high school sweethearts or simply the lessons one can learn exploring the outer boundaries of love. We think it’d be fun to choose one of the books and use it as a theme for your Valentine’s Day party!
Every year, we spend a whopping $17.6 billion dollars on Valentine’s Day. How lucky for Hallmark! ABCey has compiled a list of the most useful V-Day related apps, whether you’re celebrating or single. We hope you ♥ them!
1. Helpful Romantic: Maybe you’re finding yourself a little unprepared, and maybe this app can (definitely) help you. It has last-minute date ideas and suggestions based on your significant others personality. You can even store highlights of your relationship so you never forget!
2. Valentine’s Day Special: This app is chalk-full of V-Day poems, ways to say I love you, love poems, and even the best love making songs (not so sure about this one).
3. Red Stamp: Skip those lame cards this year and send a personalized e-card to your loved one via e-mail or text! You can even go for the snail-mail route for a small charge.
4. Crowded Room: Single this Valentine’s Day? This app is perfect to help you find a special someone. Check in where you are, and where you’re headed that night, and the app will help you meet people with similar interests! Good thing it works for the other 364 days of the year, too!
5. OpenTable: Haven’t made a reservation yet? Fear not, this app will allow you to see what is still available in their database of over 15,000 restaurants across the US, Canada and UK! Keep using the app and earn dining cheques: good at any OpenTable restaurant.
6. Love Scan: Try this super corny app with your loved one for a love match percentage and a laugh (all based on a fingerprint scan).
President’s Day Weekend is right around the corner, and wouldn’t it be nice to get away for a quick vacation? There’s nothing better than a well planned and inexpensive trip. ABCey has compiled a list of the best and easiest websites for your travel needs!
1. Kayak scours hundreds of online sources for the cheapest fare available. The more flexible you are on time and destination, the better your chances of finding a great deal.
2. Bing Travel can help you bite the bullet and buy your ticket, or not, with its “price predictor,” which forecasts whether fares will go up or down.
3. Airfare Watchdog works best for travelers ready to take off at the drop of a deal. Their employees are constantly on travel sites waiting for price drops.
4. WhichBudget will help you build an inexpensive, overseas flight plan by using local, budget airlines — a great way to save on international travel.
5. Dishtip organizes the world of eating out in the United States a whole new way. You let it know a specific dish you want to eat, and it will find the best restaurants in the area with that particular item (rated by reviews, etc).
6. Hotels.com lets you search just one site for accommodations at more than 150,000 properties. It’s particularly great for it’s last-minute deals.
7. iExplore offers more adventurous trips (hiking and biking, for example), as well as multi-sport tours. It also boasts expert advice on “experiential travel,” such as a wildlife safari or a culinary tour.
8. Google Flights shows all flight prices on the web on one simple to use page.
9. Yapta tracks fares for you and will shoot you an e-mail or Tweet if the cost of your selected flight drops. After you buy your ticket, if the price falls below what you paid, most airlines and online travel agencies will refund you the difference, usually in the form of travel credits or vouchers.
10. Expats Blog is an extremely useful information tool by expatriates who have lived in a destination long enough to know it intimately, but still maintain an outsider’s perspective.