Category: Tech Gifts
5 Father’s Day Gifts for the Tech Dad
Don’t have any Father’s Day gifts yet? Is your husband or dad obsessed with technology? ABCey Event’s has got you covered with these gifts for the techy guy in your life.
1. GARMIN HEAD- UP DISPLAY
With this GPS that displays right onto the dash, Dad can focus on the road. It works wirelessly and can even keep you updated on the latest traffic and safety alerts. Find it here.
2. GAME OF THRONES DESK LAMP
Is the man in your life obsessed with Game of Thrones? Get him this themed desk lamp so he can stay protected from all of the wights! He’ll also love the new office decor. Find it here.
3. IMPOSSIBLE INSTANT LAB
Is your dad the photographer in the family? But do those pictures just sit in the hard drive of his phone, never being physically printed? Let this mini printer develop those photos for you and have a memory to hang on the fridge. Find it here.
4. COMPUTER CIRCUIT BOARD CUFF LINKS
This new spin on a classic gift is sure to have your dad smiling. These cuff links are made out of old computer board circuits and for under $50 it’s a win-win! Find it here.
5. NETATMO WEATHER STATION
Dad can always be dressed for the weather with this microclimate weather station. Information like temperature, pressure, wind speed and even CO2 levels are wirelessly transferred to your smart phone. Made for iOS and Android. Find it here. With these gift ideas Father’s Day is sure to be a success. If you loved one of these ideas for dad, let us know in the comments below or message us via Twitter or Facebook!
Friday Five: Gifts for the Tech Savvy Valentine
Valentine’s day is right around the corner and here at ABCey, we’ve been chatting about what to get that tech savvy Valentine. We’ve done some digging and found great gifts for any Valentine with a passion for technology!
1. 3D Printed Roses: Give the traditional gift of roses with the ultimate tech spin, 3D printing. You can now order single or dozen roses that are printed instead of grown, lasting forever and exemplifying the strides 3D printing has made in such a short period of time. Makeshop by Brit+Co is partnering with TaskRabbit to help you deliver a futuristic gift to your favorite Valentine.
2. Pebble Watch: Beauty, practicality and technology are all wrapped in one with the Pebble smart watch. Pebble has been the talk to tech wearables with its simple design and fashionable styles (it comes in steel, black and leather) as well as durability. We loved it at CES this year and we know this is the perfect gift for our practical Valentine.
3. Jawbone Jambox Mini: If your Valentine takes the party with them wherever they seem to go, the Jambox Mini is just what they need. The small, ultra slim unibody design means it can go wherever you go! What’s even better? It has 10 hours of battery life which means the party won’t stop until you say so! Check out more of the Jambox mini specs here and decide if it’s perfect for the party animal in your life!
4. Holga Smart Phone Lens: The Holga camera was one of the most exciting camera lenses to play around with and now you can bring the effects of a Holga camera and film to your smartphone! High resolution digital cameras and traditional point-and-shoot cameras have been replaced with the iPhone and the Holga is just one of many new external lenses that now mount onto smartphones, giving you the diversity of interchangeable lenses and options while on the go. We love this option with its old school telephone dial set up and sleek design, its perfect for our personal paparazzo!
5. Chromecast: Chromecast is perfect for the TV/media junkie we all know and absolutely love! This small but amazing device will connect you to your favorite shows, movies and music from almost any service almost anywhere! Chromecast works with devices you already own, including Android tablets and smartphones, iPhones®, iPads®, Chrome for Mac® and Chrome for Windows®. Its the perfect gift for our pop culture informant, and we get to watch with them which is always a plus!
What are your plans for Valentine’s Day? What gifts are you giving the special people in your life? Let us know in the comments below, or on Facebook and Twitter!
Top 10 Techy Gifts for your Favorite Guy
Whether you’re shopping for your dad, brother, boyfriend, fiance, husband, partner, or just a friend, these techy gifts are sure to make any guy happy! ABCey has gathered 10 of our favorite tech gifts for guys ranging from speakers to chargers. We even want some of these!
1. Beats by Dre designed by Alexander Wang | This very limited edition takes three of these devices and coats them in matte black with pale gold accents, making them truly stand out. They include the Beats Pill portable speakers, Ur Beats ear buds, and Beats Studio headphones, and each comes in an Alexander Wang embossed glossy stingray case with a zipper and clip. Each one is available in limited amounts in a pre-sale event, but won’t be for long.
2. Glif | This simple device can mount to any standard tripod, letting you get the most out of that little camera you bring everywhere. Better still, it adjusts to fit any phone thanks to the included hex key, so it can prop up your phone at various angles to maximize your viewing pleasure. Being made from recyclable rubberized plastic is just an added bonus.
3. Limited Edition Sondek LP12 Turntable | To mark their 40th anniversary, Linn teamed up with Highland Park, makers of fine single malt scotch whiskey for this exclusive, and amazing product. Linn took their highest performance turntables and encased them in a remarkable whisky wood plinth, made from the actual solid oak casks that matured Highland Park whisky. If that sounds exclusive, it is, and there are only 40 of these that were made.
4. Blue Microphones Nessie USB Mic | For the guy that films everything, help him capture the moment with Nessie. Nessie takes the fear out of great recording by instantly delivering studio-enhanced sound for desktop recording of vocals, instruments, voiceovers and more.
5. Gramophone for iPhone & iPad | Simply set your device in the handcrafted, solid wood base, and the built-in iron and brass horn will amplify its volume by three to four times, all while looking amazing. A terrific blend of old and new.
6. Ultimare Ears BOOM Wireless Bluetooth Speaker | Unlike other speakers, this one projects sound 360 degrees, filling any space with immersive audio. At a weight of just above one pound, and just over a half-foot long, these speakers are also made to go anywhere, easily slipping into most bags. It’s coated in an acoustic skin that makes it resistant to water and stains.
7. Firestone Fireye Mini Headphone Amp | By sitting in between your device’s headphone jack and the headphones themselves, providing a healthy signal boost without adding much in the way of noise. Just charge it up via USB and you’ll be ready to rock out for up to 24 hours before your next charge.
8. Fluxmob Bolt | This handy device is one part wall charger for any USB-enabled device, and one part battery, so you don’t necessarily have to worry about being connected to the power grid to get some juice. Simply plug it in when you have access to power, and let your phone or tablet charge
9. Structure Sensor | This little device comes with a bracket made to fit on the back of your iPad, right on top of the built-in camera. Using the sensor and your iPad, you can measure the three-dimensional space in any room, automatically capture three-dimensional models of everyday objects, and even simulate physics on top of the real world.
10. Luxi | Luxi is a small diffusion dome that fits securely over your iPhone’s front-facing camera. When attached and used with a light meter app, Luxi will help you determine the best settings for your DSLR or other camera so that you can take perfectly exposed pictures.
Make sure to order your favorites fast, before they sell out! Which one’s will you buy for your special guy?! Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook or Twitter!