Sending an Evite or Facebook invite can be a little tricky! Not everyone replies in a timely matter and sometimes it’s hard to get a hold of people with tight schedules. Plan for your gathering in an organized fashion! ABCey has put together some tips on how to successfully send an online invitation for your event!
1. Make a Guest List
First things first, know who you want to reach out to! It’s important to know who you want to include in your guest list. Family? Friends? Friends of friends? It’s important to take into consideration all those who should or will be present at your event! Rough estimating with numbers is a good start before jumping into an invitation.
2. Create the Invite
Short, simple, and to the point! The key to creating a perfect invite (especially online) is to keep it to the point! Nobody likes a lengthy description. Staying true to the “Who? What? Where? When? and Why?” should make it easier for guests to understand. Create your invite in a timely fashion. Your invitation is sure to be ignored or forgotten about if you send it 2 months in advance… 1 month in advance is your best bet!
3. Check-In with Your Invitation
Don’t create your online event invitation and expect people to reply! Always make sure to update your invitation with “Don’t forget!” or “Save the date!” ‘s from time to time. Reminders can help people remember your event! Also reaching out to guests individually may help you to get a better understanding of who will be present.
4. Get Creative!
Sending an invite isn’t solely about spreading news to people about your event. It’s also about getting them excited for the party/meeting that’s to come! Add pictures and use fun phrases when trying to publicize it! People are drawn to things that are pleasing to the eye. Have fun with it… Besides, this is an event to look forward to!
Looking for some great event blogs to learn the best tips and tricks in the industry? The girls at ABCey have put together some must-reads to help you stay informed and get inspired! Though we do our fair share of blogging of our own, we still look to other helpful resources to stay on the ball and keep up to date with current trends!
1. Velvet Chainsaw: Fellow #eventprof Jeff Hurt knows what he’s talking about. On his blog, Velvet Chainsaw, he shares noteworthy daily posts . with innovative ideas and a fresh take or different perspective on the event industry. This blog should be on the top of your must-read list! @JeffHurt
2. Event Manager Blog: This blog is the leader in event technology trends. Specializing in innovation, this blog is for all kinds of event planners, from fledglings to full-blown party planners! @eventMB
3. Liz King Events: Liz is a leader and influencer in the event planning community, and has formerly won the #Eventprofs Most Thought Provoking Blog award. She is dedicated to educating fellow event professionals on how technology can enhance their events. @LizKingevents
4. Event Juice: This UK based blog is a must read! It has a little bit of everything for all kinds of event professionals and conference planners. If you don’t know exactly what you’re looking for, fear not! @eventjuice
5. Techsytalk: This blog, also created by Liz King is a great tech resource for event planners and features great content and event planning technology tips and news. This blog features an event technology of the week and is also the home for techsytalk LIVE, the premier Event Tech Conference and Showcase – For Planners, By Planners – focused on educating planners and introducing them to new event technology companies! @techsytalk
6. Hello Endless: Looking for a younger take on how to throw a rager? Look no further than Hello Endless, a blog started by a few college students who are very passionate about sharing their expertise in the events’ world! @helloendless
7. BizBash: BizBash is the mecca of all things creative for events! This is one of our favorite sites for inspiration! Get creative ideas for your next conference and see what is trendy in the event world while getting the scoop on where and what the leading eventprofs are coming up with. @BizBash
8. Event Industry News: This event blog is tailored to conference events. If you are looking for information or recaps on any conference, go to this site and learn everything you need to know! @EventNewsBlog
9. Special Events: This is an all-telling blog. Anything you want to know about special events and what goes into them, just check it out in this blog! @special_events
10. Bizzabo: This is a great mobile and networking platform for your conferences, but they also have our own informative blog to keep you up-to-date on all things event tech and they are always digging up some great tips to ease your conference planning woes. @bizzabo