The weekend is just around the corner and we couldn’t be more excited! Just in time for the holiday spirit, we’ve got everything from a tree lighting ceremony, an SF Opera performance to a massive wine tasting event. Keep reading to find out more of ABCey’s fave picks!
1. Poolside DJ Set | Friday, November 22 | 9pm | Audio Discotech | Just because the weather has gotten colder, doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy summer-sounding music. This Los Angeles duo, also known as Poolside, is set to bring what they call ‘daytime-disco’. Their music will bring you straight to the beach or the pool party, or wherever you find your sunny paradise!
2. Pier 39’s Tree Lighting Ceremony | Saturday, November 23rd | 3pm | Pier 39 | Come down to the Pier for their annual tree lighting ceremony! There will be a ton of activities for the kids, such as a meet and greet with friends from the Disneyland Resort. There will also be performances from local Bay Area choirs. Make sure you stick around to the end of the night to watch the 60ft majestic Christmas tree lighting ceremony!
3. Monarch 2 Year Anniversary | Saturday, November 23rd | 10pm | Monarch SF | Time flies when you’re having fun! Come celebrate with the club that has seamlessly changed the face of the San Francisco night life scene. This party will not only feature some of the hottest DJs, but also Monarch’s friend Danny Daze. Get ready for a great night of dancing and celebrations!
4. San Francisco Vinters Market | Saturday, November 23rd – Sunday, November 24th | 12 – 4pm | Fort Mason Center | This is the first and only wine tasting and buying event in the Bay Area. Up to 200 wineries from Napa Valley, Sonoma County, Santa Barbara and beyond will be pouring their favorite wines including new releases, special collections and hard to find vintages for you to taste and buy!
5. SF Opera presents The Barber of Seville | Sunday, November 24th | 2pm | War Memorial Opera House | Enjoy a wonderful performance by the San Francisco Opera. Along with the romantic and melodic voices come impressive stage and costume designs. They cleverly transform from white to bright colors as the evening progresses. If you’ve never been to the opera before, this would definitely be a great experience for you!