Category: DIY Event Trends
5 Unique Mason Jar Party Favors!
Tired of your same old party giveaways? Want to send your guests home with something unique and useful? ABCey Events has got you covered! Here are five fun and easy DIY mason jar party favors sure to end your parties right!
1. Care Package
Send your party goers home feeling cared for! Home essentials such as hand sanitizer, nail clipper, tissues, etc. can make for great care package favors! Make it a first aid kit or glam it up for the girls and add in mani/ pedi utensils!
2. Hot Chocolate Kit
You can never go wrong with hot chocolate favors! They’re appealing to the eye and easy to make and store away. Simply grab your favorite hot chocolate powder (we love Nestlé), layer peppermint candies, and top it all off with some mini marshmallows. Yum!
3. Flower Arrangement
If you’re looking for a classier mason jar idea, the flower arrangement is perfect for your event! Use a clear or colorful jar and let your creativity soar. Add in your favorite flowers (fake or real) and you have yourself a cute little favor and/or centerpiece!
4. Cookie Jar
Cookies are a great way to say thank you! Stack up your favorite store bought or homemade cookies in a jar and wrap a cute label or bow around the top. Send your guests home with a smile!
5. Tea Kit
Nothing is more heart warming than a jar of tea essentials. After a long party, who wouldn’t want to kick back and relax to a nice cup of tea? Package in a few tea bags, a cinnamon stick, and maybe even some honey!
What did you think of our mason jar party favors? Let us know on Facebook or Twitter!
3 DIY Creative Lighting Ideas
Lighting can be one of the most important aspects of an event. It can help set the mood, create focus and draw attention. Guests may not even be aware of the power of lighting, but these creative lighting ideas are sure to get their attention.
1. String Light Strands Vertically
Light strands are inexpensive and easy to find. You can create a totally new look by stringing them vertically or you can create your own “chandelier” by draping the lights.
2. Turning unexpected objects into lamp shades
Virtually anything can be turned into a lamp shade. This is your chance to do something creative and reflect the theme of the party. It’s easy and can make all the difference at your next event.
3. Rustic Tree Branch Chandelier
This one will take a bit more effort, but the results are absolutely stunning. Your guests will be so blown away by this piece and your artistic ability. Don’t worry, it’s simpler than it looks. Find instructions here.
We hope these brighten your day as much as they did ours. Let us know what you think on Facebook or Twitter!
5 DIY Budget Ideas for Your Party!
Looking to host a party with family/ friends, but don’t want to spend a ton? ABCey Events encourages you to get creative! Maximize your fun and minimize the costs with these 5 DIY budget ideas sure to liven up your party! How do you party on a budget?
These DIY speakers are great for the last minute party go-er! Attach two paper or plastic cups to the ends of a toilet paper roll, cut holes for the sound to echo, and you have yourself an easy invention for your party tunes!
2. Disco Ball
Cut your old CD’s in different squares and glue them to a styrofoam ball. Attach a string and let light reflect! It’ll definitely be the center of attention at your next dance party!
3. Party Lights
Ping pong balls make for a great light decor on your regular set of Christmas lights. Simply take a pair of scissors, poke a hole on one end, and attach it to the bulbs. Lighten up the party, literally!
4. Photo booth
Who needs a professional photographer when you can snap shot your own fun? Stop by your local dollar store, round up some of your favorite funky props, and pose with your friends! Take great quality pictures on your own smart phone and share them.
5. Candy Bar
Create a candy bar table sure to satisfy all your guest’s sweet tooth! Pick a theme and let your crafty side come out. Mason jars are a great and unique way to contain your favorite candies. Buy your favorite sweets or make your own cake pops and chocolate covered pretzel stick!
Were these party ideas helpful? Let us know with a comment or message us on Facebook or Twitter!
DIY: Bright Ideas to Transform the Ambiance of Your Event
The right lighting can transform the atmosphere of an event by creating the appropriate ambiance. However, light fixtures can become extremely expensive after purchase and installation fees. At ABCey Events, we have discovered that DIY projects not only allow you the freedom to customize materials and colors to your liking, but are simple to complete without breaking the bank! With that said – grab your scissors & glue gun, and read on for five bright ideas to create appealing lighting effects and fixtures for your next event!
1. Hemp string pendant lamp: These pendant lamps are a great weekend project! All you need are bouncy balls, clear drying craft glue, and hemp string. If you use a 16’’ diameter ball you’ll need 400 yards of hemp string. For a 14’’ diameter ball – 300 yards and for a 9’’ diameter ball only 100 yards. To begin, draw a circle on the ball. This circle represents the portion of the lamp that needs to remain clear of string. Then start applying the glue and wrap the hemp around the ball. Once the glue has dried use the inflating needle to deflate the ball and remove it from the lamp. Install the wires and hardware and your pendant lamp is done! These neutral light fixtures found on Homedit are perfect for any event and can be spray-painted different colors!
2. Tulle pendant lamp: This idea was found on Craftynest and is a fun light fixture for weddings or birthday parties. To create this pendant you will need 10 yards of 54’’ wide tulle, embroidery floss, a light bulb, a pendant lamp, a large embroidery needle, a rotary cutter and mat, safety pins and a straight edge. Start by cutting a 17’’ wide strip of tulle, fold the larger piece so that one side is 17’’ and the other 20’’ and you’ll have three layers. Use safety pins to secure them together. Sew a simple running stitch one inch from the edge of the fold and remove the safety pins. Overlap the right and left sides and wrap everything around the lamp. Tie a knot and insert the cord and light bulb. The fabric used for this DIY project can be substituted to fit different themes!
3. Tree branch chandelier: To make a similar chandelier you’ll first have to choose some branches that you like, clean them, remove the twigs and any loose bark. Then screw the branches together. You’ll also need some lamp cord, small candelabra sockets, some ¼ IP nipple and a light canopy. Wire the candelabra sockets together and screw them onto the nipples. Add the cord and the chandelier is complete! This project was found on Apartment Therapy and is an awesome addition to create an outdoor ambiance while being indoors!
4. Faux capiz chandelier: Although this chandelier looks like a complex and complicated project, it is surprisingly simple and fun to make! To begin, you will need to purchase white spray paint (or any color!), ribbon, scissors, 1 or 2 rolls of wax paper, 2 big pieces of parchment paper, an iron, a hot glue gun, a circle cutter and a cutting mat. Start with a planter basket and spray paint it. Then start making the capiz shells. Cut three pieces of wax paper about the same length and place in between parchment paper. Iron them. Cut ribbon pieces and attach them to the planter basket. Attach the capiz shells until you cover the basket and it’s all done! This fixture is great in creating a retro theme and was found on Design Sponge!
5. Recycled wine bottle torch: These tiki torch light fixtures are the perfect touch to an outdoor event and are a great way to recycle those used wine bottles! You will need an empty wine bottle, Teflon tape, a copper top plate connector, a 1’’split ring hanger, ½’’ x 3/8’’ copper coupling, two hex nuts, two #10 x 1” zinc plated wood screws, 3/8’’ -16 zinc plated threaded rod, a tiki replacement wick and torch fuel. You’ll have to make a hanger first and then to work with the actual bottle. Screw the bolts in and the torch is complete! This creative DIY project was found on Design Sponge.
Will you be trying any of these DIY projects this upcoming Memorial Day weekend? Let us know which one you like best! Share the pictures of your creations with us on Facebook or Twitter!
5 Fun Ways to Make Use of Fall-en Leaves
We are already zipping through November which means that before we know it, Thanksgiving will roll on by to make way for December holidays. With these busy months coming up that are sure to be filled with lots of holiday parties, ABCey has gathered 5 ways to make use of those scattered leaves to make sure you and your house are party ready!
1. Wrapping | Amp up simple wrapping paper with brightly colored Fall leaves. And the best part, they’re free! Just check out your backyard!
2. Stuffing | Stuff a vase with colorful leaves to create an easy center piece! Add in some acorns or little pumpkins you may have laying around too!
3. Candles | Give candles that Fall touch with a colorful leaf wrapped around it to instantly brighten your home!
4. Garlands | Garlands are a great decoration in general as they always tie a room together so nicely, but by making one with all your fall leaves, you are sure to grab attention!
5. Table Setting | What better way to decorate a Fall themed table than with Fall colors that are all natural! Want a little glitz? Spray paint the leaves metallic! So chic!
Which idea is our favorite?! Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook & Twitter!
10 Of Our Favorite DIY’s For Your Next Event!
We all know that planning events can get costly, so why not save some $$$’s and make a few things on your own! Creating your own decor saves cash, gives the event a personal touch and is tons of fun! Here are a few of ABCey’s favorite DIY’s that you can try for your next event!
1. Glitter Letter Banner | Use these signs to direct guests to food or the event. They would look great for bride and groom chairs or your upcoming holiday party.
2. Outdoor Cabana | Outdoor events are always fun, but give your guests a beautiful place in the shade to hang out when it gets to warm.
3. Tissue Paper Flowers | A cheaper alternative to real flowers, these tissue paper flowers are super easy and look great at any party.
4. Glitter Mason Jars | Not only are these beautiful alone, but put a candle in them at night and the reflection they make is amazing.
5. Gilded Piñata Makeover | This piñata makeover is so simple and let’s you have a piñata that fits your party theme.
6. Hand Dotted Tumblers | You can buy glasses at the dollar store and transform them for dirt cheap! These tumblers are a great addition to any party.
7. Tassel Garland | Not only do these look great at an event, but they also look great as a decoration at home. (Our’s is above our desk!)
8. Coasters | Every event has some sort of beverage, so save your furniture by offering these natural coasters to guests.
9. Bottle Cap Candles | These candles burn a little over an hour, so they’re a great quick fix for any party and look cute scattered about.
10. Squash Bowling | If you’re having an outdoor event, keep guests entertained with this fun homemade game of bowling.
Which of these DIY’s do you like best? Let us know which one’s you’ll try in the comments below or on Facebook and Twitter! Happy crafting!