Make A Wish Brings Batkid to San Francisco
By now, many of you may have heard about San Francisco turning into Gotham City on November 15th?! Make-A-Wish Foundation rose to the challenge so this real life hero, 5-year-old Miles can embark on a series of crime-solving adventures and will get to live a day in the life of Batman! Amazing!
Miles’ crime-solving day is part of the foundation’s mission to turn dreams into reality for sick children. Miles has leukemia.
Miles will set across the city to accomplish tasks ranging from rescuing a damsel in distress from the Hyde St. cable car tracks in Nob Hill, capturing the Puzzler in the act of robbing a downtown vault and will of course have to take a break and stop for a burger at the Burger Bar. While at Burger Bar, he will get a special message from the Chief of Police to go to the window – where he will look down and see a huge group of volunteers jumping up and down asking for Batkid’s help because the villainous Mr. P. will be kidnapping a famous San Francisco mascot!
The getaway car will be visible on Union Square (a convertible so that everyone can see what is happening), and the chase will be on! After catching Mr. P., Batkid will make his final stop at City Hall, where the Mayor and the Police Chief of San Francisco will thank him and give him the key to the city. We’re in tears!!
Make A Wish encourages volunteers to show up at certain points throughout the day to cheer him on! If you would like to participate in this epic event, be sure to RSVP.
We know we’ll be there to encourage Miles and we hope to see you there too! Let us know if you’ll be joining in the fun in the comments below or on Facebook & Twitter!
Event Spotlight: Project Inform
At ABCey, we are always on the lookout for the BEST events here in San Francisco, even if they aren’t our own! Tomorrow night, Project Inform is hosting their annual gala, Evening of Hope – A Night of Lifesaving Fashion at the City View at Metreon. Come sip champagne overlooking the San Francisco skyline as you see their stunning “Condom Couture” designs come to life!
For those of you that haven’t heard of Project Inform, they are a San Francisco based non-profit that provides information, Inspiration, and Advocacy for People with HIV/AIDS, and Hepatitis C.
A limited supply of tickets is still available, but this event WILL sell out, so get yours now while you still can!
This event is San Francisco’s must-attend fête complete with cocktails, culinary delights, VIP designers and after-party. If helping others out and having a great time aren’t good enough reasons to go, Project Inform’s Facebook page lists 10 reasons not to miss!
10. You simply MUST know what all this #condomcouture buzz is about!
9. You absolutely HAVE TO see Heklina own the runway.
8. You are literally COMPELLED to move to the beats of djDCM & Dj Kidd Sysko!
7. You CANNOT go on living without that McQueen steam-punk pump custom-printed on a My Trick Pony t-shirt.
6. You are OFFICALLY obsessed with winning one of the incredible live auction prize packages!
5. You can CLEARLY visualize a tarort card reading in your future.
4. You really REQUIRE a Macy’s gift bag with Ghirardelli Chocolate Company goodies & the latest scoop from San Francisco Magazine.
3. You kinda NEED to cry out “Lights, Models, Guest List!” as you sip on a glass of Korbell.
2. You TRULY cannot survive without seeing hotties from City Model Management, Inc. serving sweets at the VIP After-Party “Eye Candy Bar”
1. You are SERIOUSLY committed to Project Inform’s vision for a generation free of HIV and hep C (seriously.)
For more info on Project Inform, please visit their website, or follow them on Twitter @Project Inform. #eoh2013 Can’t wait? Click here for photos from last year’s event.
Let us know your thoughts on Project Inform in the comments below or Facebook & Twitter!
5 Easy Ways To Go Eco-Friendly For Your Next Big Event!
There is so much emphasis on being environmentally conscious nowadays, so ABCey has come up with a few tips on how to plan your next event while keeping the environment in mind. Here are a few of our favorite ideas to make your event that much more environmentally friendly! We challenge you to try at least one of these next time you have an event. We sure will!
1. Use plants as favors! It’s the gift that keeps on giving!
2. Design the menu according to the season and focus on locally grown food. (It usually tastes better anyway!)
3. Decorate with eco-friendly items. Try some dried flowers for a beautiful display! Check out Etsy for some beautiful, handmade options!
4. Shop your local antique store for vintage finds. Mismatched cups make for a fun atmosphere!
5. Collect pictures electronically by giving guests a hash tag for any pictures they post! You’ll collect so many funny pictures from everyone’s point of view!
What’s your next event and how are you going to incorporate eco-conscious planning? Let us know with a comment or a tweet! Make sure to follow us on Pinterest and stay updated with ABCey for more fun party planning tips!