Humans love feeling connected to nature, and it can be very therapeutic too! Well, there’s a new emerging trend in the event industry that relies heavily on the bioliphic design concept. It also seeks to incorporate naturally designed spaces into your events. Read more to learn about the many benefits of nature-inspired events, both for the event planner and the attendees.
There are 4 Main Benefits of Nature-Based Design that have been scientifically proven. These include, improved well-being, improved productivity, enhanced creativity, and an increased likelihood of positive emotions. These all come from feeling connected to the outdoors, and all of them are helpful for event managers seeking to make their guests happy!
How to Do It
There are two key strategies to incorporating nature into your events:
This could include outdoor terraces and balconies, views of the water, such as the ocean, lakes or pond, and abundant natural light through skylights and large windows. Green walls and water features, gardens and outdoor greenspace, or décor that uses natural materials, like wood and stone are also good options!
Bring the outdoors to an indoor venue! There are several ways to do this, such as:
- Seeing nature: You can accomplish this through digital signage and walls, backdrops, artwork, and murals that include elements of nature. Live herbal centerpieces, hedge rows, or an indoor garden, forest, or water feature can also give your guests a sense of being outside!
- Hearing nature: Events can get pretty loud and busy, so what’s more desirable than a nice spot to get some peace and quiet? Start by selecting a location within the venue that’s as quiet as possible. Offer speakers or headsets with natural sounds of running water, ocean waves, bird song, etc. that your attendees can listen to when they want to relax!
- Feeling nature: Textures like wood, sand, water, stone, and grass stimulate biophilic responses, so try to find a way to incorporate these into your event space! These materials could be used in onsite hubs, lounges, and exhibit booths, for example.
- Smelling nature: Even just the smell of the outdoors can connect people to the outside world. Try infusing your event space with natural scents using essential oils. By picking the right scent, you’re sure to generate positive feelings among your guests!
What’s one of your favorite nature inspired events?
Source: Event Manager Blog
As we approach 2017’s Fourth of July weekend, ABCey has made the ultimate check-list for your perfect patriotic party! Here are 10 of our favorite recipes, decorations, and party must-haves for your greatest Fourth of July yet!
1. USA Rice Crispy Treats
Everyone loves a tasty treat at a party! These colorful rice crispy treats are perfect for your Fourth of July gathering! Plus they are great for all ages & the straws add a perfect touch!
2. Festive Donuts
These patriotic donuts look too good to eat! The festive frosting is an easy add-on for the perfect dessert!
3. Confetti Balloons
Next, instead of ordinary balloons, try these confetti filled balloons for a unique and sparkling touch to your event!
4. Star Spangled Sangria
Sangria is the perfect summer drink, so why not customize it for the Fourth of July! Add some colorful fruit to make your cocktail look & taste delicious!
Light up the party with these great LED star sunglasses! They glow in red, white and blue colors and are perfect for night time when the fireworks are displayed!
6. Perfect Utensil Holder
Here’s a great way to display your table wear for this American holiday! Grab some patriotic-colored plastic forks and spoons to pair with these festive mason jars!
7. Trendy Garland
Garland can be used for any holiday or event! Add some color around the house or outside with this red, white and blue tissue garland by Etsy.
8. Fourth of July Fantastic Photo Booth
Grab some confetti & sparklers to set up an unforgettable photo booth for you & your guests! These DIY firework poppers are the perfect accessory for your event photos! Find how to make them here.
9. DIY Ring Toss
If you’re having a backyard BBQ or party, this easy-to-make game is perfect! It’s great for guests of all ages and super decorative for any backyard gathering! Here is how to make & create this festive game.
10. Summer Smoothies
Cool down with some refreshing & heathy smoothies for this hot holiday! A great alternative for sangria for the youngsters under 21! Here is the link to some delicious smoothie recipes that are sure to get you in the Fourth of July spirit!
The 4th of July is just around the corner, which means it’s time for grilling out, chilling out, and celebrating one of the best days of the year! ABCey Events has 5 easy DIY ideas to get you party ready for the upcoming holiday weekend.
1) Center pieces are a necessity to make any great theme party shine. Nothing screams summer quite like a mason jar does, so these easy to make, adorable center pieces are sure to make your party sparkle for the 4th! Check out how to make them here.
2) Extra bottles laying around? We have your solution! This DIY is super easy and will no doubt give your 4th of July party the extra pop you’ve been looking for. Using wine bottles for a decoration? No complaints here! Be sure to find out how to make these adorable center pieces here.
3) Make sure that your guests feel welcome upon arrival with these festive wreaths to hang on your front door! These are inexpensive to make and only require 3 materials- talk about an ideal DIY! You can find out how to make these here.
4) Burlap wreath not your style? No worries- we’ve got back up options to make sure your guests are greeted in style at your front door. These awesome patriotic wreaths are easy to make and oh so chic! Don’t miss out on this great door dec, find out to make these here.
4th of July Photo Backdrop
5) ABCey knows no party is complete without that perfect Instagram picture. This simple DIY scrap flag is the ideal backdrop for guests to take photos at your 4th of July party! What better way to celebrate the 4th than by taking fun, festive photos with your pals? Read more on how to make these here!
6) Kites are a true symbol of summer time and can take anyone back to their childhood. This easy DIY kite garland is guaranteed to spruce up your wall space at your 4th of July get together! See here to find out how to make these kites the star of your party!
7) If you need to primp up those white walls before you host your 4th of July party this weekend, these will definitely do the trick! This American flag painted window is the extra festive touch you need to make sure your July 4th party is one to remember. Check out how to make these here!
Festive Table Decorations
8) Need some extra 4th of July table decor for your event? These simplistic and festive signs add some patriotic pride to your upcoming independence day party! Find out to to make these here.
9) Nothing says festive fun quite like these darling red, white and blue inspired pin wheels! These are perfect for adding a little extra flare to your snack tables for the 4th. You can find out how to make these simple decorations here!
4th of July Luminaries
10) Light up your 4th of july party with these adorable patriotic luminaries! This DIY is super simple and uses recycled jars as the main material- easy and green! Don’t miss out on the chance to illuminate your party, and find out how to do these here!
With Thanksgiving just around the corner, ABCey cannot wait to celebrate with family and friends! We’ve gathered these 5 DIY Thanksgiving Decor Ideas so you can focus on cooking the turkey without breaking the bank.
These personalized Thankful Placemats will spice up your table with just two materials: construction paper (or scrapbook paper) and a pen! Let your guests help you with decorating by letting them write what they’re thankful for before dinner begins. It’s a great conversation piece!
These Turkey Legs are great for the kids who will be so thankful when they rip open these crafty “turkey legs” to find the hidden candy! All you really need is a brown paper bag, printer paper and some sweets!
Send the kids out to gather some Fall leaves and write whatever word sums up Thanksgiving for you (ex. “grateful,” “thankful,” “family”)! Then use twine to make a Leaf Garland and hang it up for all to see!
Rosemary Sprig Place Cards
Incorporate natural elements onto your dinner table with these Rosemary Sprig Place Cards! Your family will be reminded to appreciate everything around them. Plus, the sweet Rosemary smell will complement your cooking!
While your kids are gathering leaves for the Leaf Garland, have them pick up a fistful of twigs as well! Even though the Thankful Tree requires a couple more materials than our other DIY projects, it’ll be well worth the effort when your family remembers all that they are thankful for with this beautiful tree.
Thought the dip-dye trend was dead? Think again! Dip-dying is a fun way to add color and creativity to your event without going too over the top. Not to mention, you just have to dip and dye! ABCey has gathered 10 different ideas for dip-dying for you to DIY;)
1. Tablecloths | Start your party right, by creating a tablecloth that is sure to please!
2. Napkins | Use plain napkins you have at home and spice them up with this ombre effect!
3. Napkin Rings | Add a pop of color to your table setting with cute napkin holders!
4. Place Cards | Lead guests to their seats by drawing them in with these fun place cards!
5. Tags | Giving a gift to your hostess? Make sure they know who it’s from with these cute tags that pop!
6. Skewers | Make your food eye catching by placing it on ombre skewers!
7. Utensils | Let guests serve themselves with brightly colored utensils!
8. Invitations | Get your guests excited for your party with this dip dye teaser!
9. Garlands | This super simple garland is made with simple coffee filters and looks so fabulous! Who would have thought?!
10. Balloons | Turn ordinary balloons into the coolest decor by dipping them in sequins! So glitzy!
We are already zipping through November which means that before we know it, Thanksgiving will roll on by to make way for December holidays. With these busy months coming up that are sure to be filled with lots of holiday parties, ABCey has gathered 5 ways to make use of those scattered leaves to make sure you and your house are party ready!
1. Wrapping | Amp up simple wrapping paper with brightly colored Fall leaves. And the best part, they’re free! Just check out your backyard!
2. Stuffing | Stuff a vase with colorful leaves to create an easy center piece! Add in some acorns or little pumpkins you may have laying around too!
3. Candles | Give candles that Fall touch with a colorful leaf wrapped around it to instantly brighten your home!
4. Garlands | Garlands are a great decoration in general as they always tie a room together so nicely, but by making one with all your fall leaves, you are sure to grab attention!
5. Table Setting | What better way to decorate a Fall themed table than with Fall colors that are all natural! Want a little glitz? Spray paint the leaves metallic! So chic!