It’s almost Friday! ABCey brings you this week’s Weekend Lineup with the top events in the Bay Area for the upcoming weekend! We’ve got everything from a circus-themed dinner, to wine and beer tastings, and even hot air balloons!
Thursday June 8th | 5-9pm | Free Admission, $30 All You Can Drink Craft Beer | Spark Social SF, 601 Mission Bay Boulevard, North San Francisco, CA
Kick-off your carefree summer with exceptional beer and fresh air for an all-you-can-drink tasting adventure in the city! Featuring drinks from Fieldwork Brewing Company, New Bohemia Brewing Company, Drake’s Brewing Company, and more!
Starting Friday, June 9-17th | 7:30pm-Midnight | Cost: $50-$130 | Ages 21+ | Tortona Big Top 2001 Ferry Point Alameda, CA
From the co-creators of The Edwardian Ball, New Bohemia NYE, Phantasm SF, Lagunitas Beer Circus is the nightlife event of a lifetime. A circus-themed, dinner and theater experience that you will surely not forget! A wonderful night out that explores San Francisco’s scandalous history and with a world-renowned performance.
Weekend Lineup’s Wine Down Fridays
Friday June 9th | 5-8pm | Cost: FREE entry! | Urbano Cellars, 2323 B Fourth St. Berkeley, CA 94710
Friday’s call for wine & food trucks! Get the weekend started with some delicious wine, food trucks, live music & art! A perfect start to your Friday night.
Saturday June 10th & Sunday June 11th | 4am-10:30am | Kids $5, Adults $20, Children 2 & under FREE | Keiser Park | 700 Windsor River Road, Windsor, CA
An early (but worth it!) Weekend Lineup wake-up call to enjoy the beautiful hot air balloons in wine country. Right as the sun rises, these balloons will be launched from an open field into the sky. What a great way to start your morning!
Saturday June 10th | 10am | Cost: FREE! | San Mateo County Event Center | 1346 Saratoga Drive, San Mateo, CA
Come enjoy the floats, bands & activities at the perfect event to kick-off summer! The parade will begin at Franklin Parkway, then continues along Delaware Street, and ends at the Fair. A perfect family activity for a fun Weekend Lineup Saturday afternoon!
Happy Friyay! ABCey Events has the Weekend Lineup with a list of the top Bay Area Weekend events! Whether you’re looking for a place to watch The Oscars or want dance the night away with MSTRKRFT, there are plenty of fun things happening this Friday – Sunday!
February 26 | 2:30 – 9:30pm | RSVP | SPARK Social SF | San Francisco
Is LaLa Land going to sweep the Oscars this year? Watch the Oscars in style this year by enjoying all you can drink champagne for $20 as well as an Oscars betting pool, bingo, and free popcorn. Get off your couch and head over to SPARK Social!
February 25 | 9pm | Mezzanine | San Francisco
This is the much anticipated return of MSTRKRFT! They are finally back with new music! Listen to their new tracks all night long and enjoy your Saturday night!
February 24 | 5 – 9pm | Harmonic Brewing | San Francisco
Who doesn’t love mac and cheese and beers? Kickoff your weekend with this amazing happy hour! Customize your mac and cheese and enjoy some of the best brews!
February 25 | 10am – 4pm | Register | Castro Theater | San Francisco
Spend your Saturday with some of the tech giants! TechUp looks for awesome tech talent and connects them with the biggest names! This career fair includes awesome workshops, mentor sessions and networking opportunities!
February 24 | 6pm | Carousel Stage – Pier 39 | San Francisco
Enjoy date night with an outdoor movie! Pier 39 is playing The Wedding Planner this Friday. Grab your popcorn, blanket and a cute date and have a romantic night out!
February 25 | 6 – 9pm | Tickets | Le Mèridien Hotel | San Francisco
Become a detective for the night and spice up your dinner plans this weekend and add in a murder mystery! Guess “who did it” and enjoy this with a group of friends!
February 26 | 12 – 3:30pm | 906 Broadway | San Francisco
Enjoy this TEDx Talk with a group of awesome speakers and performers! Don’t miss the yacht post party and have the to chance to network!
Friday is here and the weekend is near! ABCey Events has our Weekend Lineup with the top 5 Bay Area and SF events that you don’t want to miss!
Top 5 Bay Area/SF Events
January 20th – January 31 | Participating Restaurants | San Francisco
Who doesn’t love yummy food and good prices? SF Restaurant Week kicks off tomorrow! Restaurant week celebrates the five star San Francisco dining community. 130 restaurants offer special multi-course pre fixed lunch and dinner menus where you can have a world class dining experience on a budget. Return to one of your favorite places or explore somewhere new!
January 21 | 9pm – 3am | Tickets | Cover $10 – 30 Donation | 119 Utah St., San Francisco
Following the Women’s March happening earlier in the day in SF and Oakland go party alongside some amazing women while also helping out great causes! All donations go to Planned Parenthood and the SF Women’s Community Clinic. Come out and support ladies all around the USA while dancing in the company of Rachel Torro, Laura Lisbona, Sharon Buck, Brass Tax’s Haute Mess.
January 21 | Doors open at 8pm | Tickets | The Regency Ballroom, San Francisco
The Edwardian Ball is an fantastic celebration of art, music, theater, fashion, technology, circus and the creations of author and illustrator Edward Gorey. This is a multimedia extravaganza that grew from an underground club party to a world wide know event! Definitely worth checking out!
January 20 | 5pm | Public Works SF, San Francisco
Looking for a cool yoga experience? Deep House yoga combines house music and power flow yoga in a club environment to make an exercise experience you won’t forget! Get away from the typical yoga studio this weekend and decompress under blacklights while listening to a DJ.
January 20 – 22 | Tours start every hour from 12 – 3 | Sea Lion Statue west of the Pier 39 Entrance Plaza, San Francisco
Looking for some exercise with the chance of spotting some cute sea lions? Pier 39 is celebrating its 39th year by hosting fun events throughout the coming year! This weekend the pier is celebrating the 27th anniversary of the sea lions’ arrival to Pier 39 with free Sea Lion Encounter walking tours!
It’s Thursday, and you know what that means…ABCey Events has the Weekend Lineup with a list of the top 5 Bay Area Weekend events! We have everything from a 10 Hour Dance Event and Rum Festival to a Rooftop Party and of course the start of Burning Man. Don’t miss out on these fun events going on Friday til’ Sunday!
Top 5 Bay Area Weekend Events
Fri 8/26/16 and Sat 8/27/16| 5pm – 3am | 21+, no ins & outs| $20 tickets here, cash only at event | SF Mint
Celebrate the end of the work week this Friday! Get the party started with 10 hours of fun, food, drinks, and dance! First, walk into a projection-mapped courtyard and enjoy happy hour drinks from 5pm-10pm! Then, head down to the SF Mint building basement and dance til the wee hours of the morning! With world class DJs, amazing food from The Midway’s own Madame Zola’s Fortune Cafe, and top of the line art performances, you’ll be entertained all night long! Get to this “once in a lifetime” event!
Fri 8/26/16 to Sat 8/27/16| Fri 2pm – Sat 6pm | 21+ | $5-$130, Buy tickets here | SOMA Cultural Center
Like rum? Then get to this Bay Area Weekend Event? This festival will give you a chance to taste new rums, discover new brands, attend rum seminars and enjoy great music! You’ll also learn history behind rum and how to differentiate the different grades of rum. But hurry, tickets are only on sale for a limited time!
Sat 8/27/16| 4pm-7pm | $25, Buy tickets here | 620 Jones, SF
Meet and mingle with some of the best and brightest professionals and alumni! Don’t skip this popular event to network and connect with other business individuals! There will be plenty of cocktails, and if you’re hungry, there’s a great restaurant downstairs! Also, make sure you stick with the dress code and wear white to celebrate the summer with a fabulous view!
Sat 8/27/16 and Sun 8/28/16| 11am – 5pm | FREE | Ghirardelli Square
Love Etsy as much as we do? Then get to Ghirardelli Square this Sunday to check out over 60 local Etsy artisans. While you shop, grab some of the world famous chocolate and ice cream. If that wasn’t enough, you can hop over to the Lagunitas Beer Garden! There you can sip on some great beer, enjoy great views of the Bay Area, fulfill your sweet tooth, and shop til’ you drop! What more could you ask for?
Sun 8/28/16 til Mon 9/5/16| 10am – 12pm | $390+ tickets here | Black Rock Desert, NV
Join over 70k people in one of the most hyped and talked about radical events of the year! Explore with others a magical and unique experience full of music, art, and wonder. Explore the theme camp’s various bars, dj’s, workshops, and open mics, or try some flaming Skee-ball, check out the Hall of Mirrors, or the DIY movie theater! Stop by Center Camp for performances and galleries, the French Quarters Camp for elegant cocktails, sweets, and custom soaps, the Thunderdome for sword fighting, or the Firehouse Camp to paint. And, be sure to hop on an art car!
July is already upon us and it’s almost the weekend! We hope you are just as excited as we are for Independence Day on Monday, and ABCey has you covered with all of your 4th of July events coming soon! Until then, make the most of your weekend and check out these fun Bay Area events!
Fri. July 1st – Mon. July 4th, 2016| 11am-11pm |prices vary| 4501 Pleasanton Ave. Pleasanton, CA
If you haven’t gone to the fair yet, GO! This fair is a must-see attraction for everyone! For kids, there is a children’s park, adventure park, petting zoo, ferris wheel, and carnival. Adults can be entertained with horse races, a beer garden, a wine bar, shopping areas, and live concerts. There are only 4 more days til’ the fair is over, so come check it out before it’s too late!
Sat July 2nd & Sun July 3rd, 2016 | 10am-6pm | FREE | Fillmore St.–Jackson to Eddy St, San Francisco
Enjoy two days of music, food, art, and fun at the Fillmore Jazz Festival! This festival takes over more than 12 blocks and has every kind of food and craft imaginable. With 32 years under its belt, this festival has become incredibly popular and the largest free jazz festival on the West Coast. Join the other 100,000 people who attend this event and jazz up your weekend!
Sat. July 2nd, 2016 | 10am-12pm | FREE | Stow Lake, Golden Gate Park, San Francisco
Experience nature this weekend and take a guided tour through Golden Gate Park. This guided tour is free and a perfect way to collect your thoughts while getting fit! With your own personal tour guide, you can learn all about the park, plants, and wildlife. So get out and enjoy the great outdoors with a nice stroll!
Sat. July 2nd, 2016 | 7:30pm | FREE, RSVP for Early Entry Tickets | AT&T Park; 24 Willie Mays Plaza, San Francisco
Mix things up this weekend by seeing a play…a free play! This Saturday, the San Francisco Opera is hosting a live simulcast and projecting their current play, Carmen, on AT&T Park’s huge video screen. You will definitely be entertained by Carmen, a femme fatale play with jealousy, danger, love and murder. Head out to the ball park to watch this captivating play and a special pre-show and intermission with the other 30,000 attendees!
Sun. July 3rd, 2016 | 11am-4pm | FREE | 103 Montgomery Street, Main Post, Presidio, San Francisco
This year, Off the Grid has revamped their picnic and food truck event held in Presidio Park. They now have over the 30 food and beverage trucks, free yoga classes, games, and music! You can also get clothes and accessories at their mobile shop, produce from their market, and help planning your next activity in San Francisco. There are also FREE shuttles, PresidiGo, that travel to Embarcadero BART, certain SF streets, MUNI, and around the park. Don’t miss the chance to relax on the grass field and enjoy great food and company!
Extra Event: Marin County Fair Fireworks and S’more Feast
Fri. July 1st, 2016 | 8:30pm – 10:00pm | FREE | McInnis Park: 310 Smith Ranch Road, San Rafael, CA
Because this weekend is so jam packed, we have one more event that will get you in the mood for July 4th! Friday at McInnis Park, park rangers will have yummy s’mores to eat right before you walk to the top of the Nike Site to watch the 9:30pm Marin County Fair fireworks show. Fireworks are always fun especially with s’mores and tomorrow you can get both for free!
The weekend is here! *cue applause* And ABCey is back with our weekend lineup. We’ve compiled a list of our 5 favorites things happening in the Bay Area this weekend. In the mood to laugh, dance, or even play in some clay? We’ve got you covered. So get out and take advantage of all that the beautiful Bay Area has to offer!
1. SAN JOSE BIKE PARTY: 100TH RIDE
Friday, January 15, 2016 | 7:30pm | Secret San Jose Location, San Jose, CA | FREE
What better way to relieve some of that work week stress than a nighttime bike ride. Join the San Jose Bike Party this Friday as they celebrate their 100th ride in the streets of the largest city in the Bay Area. This is a great chance to build community and explore the various local treasures the city has to offer. The exact meeting location and route is posted 24 hours before the event so be sure to check out their website before heading down.
2. BATS IMPROV: FRIDAY NIGHT THEATER SPORTS
Friday, January 15, 2016 | 8pm | Bayfront Theater | $8.50- $20
BATS Improv has been named the Bay Area’s Best Theater Company and this Friday they are having their weekly Friday Night Theatersports. It’s a face-paced, exciting and interactive theater competition. Tix can be purchased here for a discounted price or on their website. Be prepared for the unexpected and get ready to laugh until you cry!
3. 2016 FAMILY TECH FAIRE
Saturday, January 16, 2016 | 10am – 2pm | Avenidas, Palo Alto, CA | FREE
Kick off your Saturday with a family fun day at the Avenidas Tech Faire. Whether you’re a self-proclaimed tech genius or merely looking to explore new technologies, there’s something for everyone here. Enjoy food trucks, interactive presentations, tech talks with industry experts, and some cool exhibitions featuring robots, 3D printers, and more! Check out their website for the complete list of all the exciting events they have to offer.
4. NEW WAVE DANCE PARTY: DEPECHE MODE NIGHT
Saturday January 16, 2016 | 9pm – 3am | The Cat Club | $7 before 10pm/$12 after
Put on your dancing shoes and get ready to party all night long! Join New Wave City at The Cat Club this Saturday for a night of socializing and dancing to the best of New Wave music. The front room will feature fan favorite music and videos, while the back room will be featuring the music and videos of Depeche Mode. Click here for more info.
5. POTTERY CLASS – CLAY + COFFEE
Sunday, January 17, 2016 | 9:30 – 11:30am | SMAart Gallery & Studio | $55
Wind down your weekend with a morning pottery class at SMAart Gallery & Studio. You’ll be provided with coffee and a pastry to get your mind and body energized and then the instructors will teach you the art of wheel throwing. These classes are small and spaces fill up quick so be sure to RSVP asap! Don’t worry if the tickets get sold out, they offer the same class every Saturday and Sunday morning so you’ll have plenty of opportunities to to explore your creative side.
Looking for a quiet and low-key weekend? Think again! It’s Pride Weekend in San Francisco and the city is buzzing with energy. From parades to parties, this one has a ton to offer. Take a peek at our Lineup for ABCey’s fave picks!
Featured Event: 2014 San Francisco Pride Festival |Saturday June 27th and Sunday June 28th |All Day| |Civic Center Plaza |Come experience the 44th annual San Francisco Pride Celebration and Parade. The theme is “Color Our World with Pride”. With over 200 parade contingents, 300 exhibitors, and more than twenty community-run stages and venues, the San Francisco Pride Celebration and Parade is the largest gathering of LGBT people and friends in the nation. From dance parties to fashion shows, there are a ton of Pride events going on this weekend including some of our favorites Pride on the Pier, Metamorphose, Candy Crush: Pride 2014, and Pink Saturday. We can’t wait to see the streets of San Francisco be filled with excitement and energy for this weekend!
1. Best of the Bay Area Party |Thurs. June 26th|Main Event 7-11 pm | City View at Metreon |San Francisco magazine’s Best of the Bay Area Party brings the July “Best of the Bay Area” issue to life with bites from 40 of San Francisco’s hottest restaurants, wines from 11 of the top wineries, and 12 open bars. There will be Six DJs and live music to get things going on the dance floor, and the night goes on at an exclusive after party. This is a great opportunity to experience all this city has to offer while enjoying views of the San Francisco skyline and indulging in delicious food and cocktails. We wish we were going to this event, but we cant wait to hear all the reviews and insider scoop! Tickets start at $100.
2. Pancakes and Booze Art Show | Fri. June 27th| 8:00 pm-2:00 am| 111 Minna Gallery | Do you love pancakes and art? Then this is the event for you! Come visit SF’s largest underground art show with over 100 emerging artists, live body painting, all you can eat pancake bar, and live music. What a cool and unique event to attend and who can say no to an all you can eat pancake bar?! Grab your fork and head over to Pancakes and Booze! $5 dollar cover.
3. Pink Mammoth Block Party | Sat. June 28th| 12pm-4 am| Mighty,119 Utah St| Pink Mammoth and Mighty present the biggest summer house music block party on the West Coast. In an effort to raise money for Pink Mammoth’s annual production at Burning Man as well as for breast cancer, all proceeds will be donated to these causes.The DJ lineup will feature 37 DJs spinning deep, funky, disco, dirty, and tech house sounds. Food will be provided by Me So Hungry food truck and Oceanic restaurant. There will also be full bars & beer trucks, and local designer vendors. We love a good dance party and this one sounds like a ton of fun! Grab some friends and head over to Pink Mammoth Block Party! Ticket prices rage from $20-55.
4. Treasure Island Flee Market | Sat. June 28th| 10:00 am-4:00 pm|Treasure Island| Looking for something unique to purchase this weekend? Held the last full weekend every month, The Treasure Island Flee Market is a unique outdoor market that offers great shopping with 400+ curated vendors like antiques & collectibles, vintage, indie designers, and artists plus lots of fun & games. Great place to spend a Saturday with the whole family! $3 general admission with kids under 12 free!
5. Passport to Healthy Skin Event: A Guide to Living Well From the Inside Out |Sat. June 28th| 12:00 pm-4:00 pm| Justin Herman Plaza |This daylong, free event will inform attendees how city living (both the elements and lifestyle habits) can make skin sensitive and what solutions will work best for your city skin. Each attendee will be given a Passport to Healthy Skin to experience the event’s four zones: food, fitness, wellness, and relaxation. Additional event activities include a healthy eats & detox tea garden, on site yoga, relaxation chair massages, and free samples of beauty products. Sign us up! This seems like a perfect way to pamper yourself on a Saturday! Who doesn’t love free beauty products? RSVP to attend!
There’s a ton of fun events taking place all over San Francisco this weekend, as usual. We’ve got a holiday tradition at Yerba Buena, a fun athletic event benefiting the Make-A-Wish foundation, a couple of amazing music performances, and of course an awesome vendor fair. Not to mention, we have a special featured event by DISTRIKT that you just can’t miss!
FEATURED EVENT: Distrikt Holidaze Koktail Party | Saturday, December 7 | 161 Erie St | Time to get all gussied up and fancy schmancy! This awesome event boasts a great list of DJ’s to perform including: DJ Kramer, Ben Seagren, Matt Kramer and many more! Better yet, all proceeds go to DISTRIKT and Make-A-Wish Foundation. Make sure to get tickets at a great price online, but don’t worry, because you can still get them at the door! Don’t miss out on this one of a kind holiday event!
1. The Velveteen Rabbit: 25th Anniversary | Friday, December 6 | 11am | Yerba Buena Center for the Arts | Head on down to the Yerba Buena Center for this beloved Bay Area holiday tradition. Told though music, dance and a powerful narrative, The Velveteen Rabbit celebrates the unique relationship between a little boy and his stuffed rabbit, and the enduring power of love. The classic festive costumes and madcap characters definitely bring the perfect amount of holiday cheer!
2. Brave the Bay 2013| Saturday, December 7 | 11am | San Francisco Aquatic Park | Attendees choose which athletic event most appeals to them – or they can participate in all of the activities in the “Santa Triathlon!” Come as a spectator (it’s free to watch) or join the fun to help raise money for Make-A-Wish. You’ll be helping grant wishes for children with life-threatening medical conditions. This active, festive holiday-themed event is perfect for San Franciscans of any age!
3. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Tour | Saturday, December 7 | 8pm | Bill Graham Civic Center | Experience a totally different form of music and appreciate a genre beyond its limitation by getting tickets to this Macklemore and Ryan Lewis show. The duo linked up in order to create their unique debut EP titled VS. Witness the coming together of hot genres such as contemporary, and Hip-Hop while also experiencing other less familiar genres. It’s definitely a show you wouldn’t want to miss!
4. Lights Down Low | Saturday, December 7 | 10pm | Monarch | This weekend two popular acts, from slightly different spectrums of the musical scale, will come together for an amazing event. Deniz Kurtel, who is a huge fan of Burning Man and is often the featured centerpiece of Wolf + Lamb, is bringing her influences of deep house music. The other act, Pictureplane, will bring his music mixes that include dark synth, new wave, pop and progressive house music. It should be exciting to see how these two artists will work together this weekend.
5. SF Made | Sunday, December 8 | 10am – 5pm | Fort Mason Center | Check out San Francisco’s favorite local holiday fair. You can discover locally made gift items from 50 different vendors including: jewelry, apparel, gourmet gifts, chocolate and more! Also new this year, enjoy hot mulled wine from Sutton Cellars and yummy holiday knishes from King Knish.