Startup Monday is ABCey’s weekly post that features some of the best and brightest companies in the Bay Area. They are often companies that we have our eye on or have worked with in the past that we would like to share with the friends and followers of ABCey Events.
As event planners, we are well aware of the frustration that turns up after attempting to organize a trip. With so many details to worry about, people often end up losing track of valuable information or forgetting to tie up all the loose ends of what they’ve worked so hard to plan.
Luckily, there’s a mobile app called TripIt that can help you organize all these pesky little details in one spot! Even if you’ve made arrangements on multiple travel sites, TripIt will still be able to organize all trip details into one master online itinerary. This itinerary includes maps, directions, and weather reports for the locations that you’ll be visiting. Besides filing all of your trip information in one convenient spot, you also have the option to book restaurants, theatre tickets, activities, and anything else you could possibly think of straight from the app.
We love all different kinds of events, but a Cinco de Mayo fiesta always seems to be near the top of the list when it comes to our favorite reasons to celebrate! There’s something about margaritas in May that just feels right. ABCey has compiled a list of things you’ll need this Sunday to throw the ultimate Cinco de Mayo fiesta!
1. Tasty drinks
2. Festive decorations
Not all of us are super creative, but here are decorating ideas to get you started!
3. Great food
There are TONS of great recipes all over the web! We found a site with 20 Recipes for Cinco de Mayo.
4. Fun games
No fiesta would be complete without a piñata. If you’ve never made your own before, this is the perfect excuse to get creative! Here’s 20 Creative Ways To Make A Piñata.
5. Mariachi music
Is it really May already?! The sunshine and warm weather insists that it must be so. It’s the season of weddings, concerts, graduations, and tons of other occasions celebrated through events. Not only that, but this Sunday is Cinco de Mayo! Grab your Coronas and margaritas and feel free to celebrate all weekend with these events ABCey has rounded up.
1. Creature Carnival NightLife | Thursday, May 2nd | California Academy of Sciences | Step right up for a night of circus fun inspired by the Academy’s marvelous menagerie of creatures. Play good old fashioned carnival games amongst roaming jugglers and gymnasts from Velocity Circus, and animal-themed Burning Man sculptures including Dusty Rhino.
2. Growth Hackers Conference | Friday, May 3rd | Broadway Studios | Join co-hosts Erin Turner and Gagan Biyani on Friday, May 3 at Broadway Studios in San Francisco to hear from new & returning speakers with track records of success building businesses using growth hacking techniques.
3. 2013 CASPA High Tech Job Fair | Saturday, May 4th| Santa Clara| All high-tech professionals in fab, semiconductor, software/hardware design, EDA, software development, finance, applications, sales & marketing, and so on are welcome. Hiring companies include: ARM, Contact Singapore, Hisense, HSBC, Intel, Lenovo, Marvell, MEMSIC, MediaTek, Microsoft, Sandisk, SK Hynix, SMIC, Synaptics, UMC, Beijing Delegation, Hefei Delegation, and more.
4. 2013 Kentucky Derby Day Bash & Hat Contest | Saturday, May 4th | Golden Gate Fields | Enjoy a day at the races, play the ponies, sip mint juleps, and bring a hat for the annual Run for the Roses Hat Contest.
5. SF Giants’ Free Cinco de Mayo Festival | Sunday, May 5th | AT&T Park | While the 2012 season provided plenty of reason to celebrate in the Bay Area, there is cause for yet another celebration: Cinco de Mayo! Bring your Cinco de Mayo celebration to AT&T Park and watch Los Gigantes de San Francisco, as they take on division rival Los Angeles Dodgers! Bring the whole family out for a day of fun, cultural celebration, and Giants baseball.