As an event planner, I often spend long hours on my feet and staying energized is important! I was excited to receive a call last week from Teresa at CAN CAN Cleanse asking me if I wanted to try their new “Drink +Eat” Ra-Ra Cleanse. I am a big fan of juice cleanses, as they are especially great after having over indulged in unhealthy foods and alcohol, or even when you just feel the need to re-boot and kick-start your system. I often recommend these to brides-to-be, since they are also a quick way to slim down or jumpstart a healthier lifestyle!
For those who don’t know CAN CAN Cleanse, it is a nutritional (mostly liquid) cleanse program that gives your body a break from the stress and toxins of your on-the-go lifestyle. Their are a variety of different cleanses offered through CAN CAN, such as the Power Cleanse, the Green Cleanse, and now the Ra-Ra. Most cleanses have options for 1-Day, 3-Day, or 5-Day, which is great for beginners and those that are more advanced cleansers.
The cleanse I tried this time was the Ra-Ra, which is a cool new partnership between CAN CAN and Blue Barn Gourmet. Each day of your cleanse you’ll consume 6 beverages and one Blue Barn Gourmet Raw Salad in this suggested order:
- 8:00am #1 Lemon Ginger Juice -Lemon, Ginger, Cinnamon, Cayenne, Filtered Water
- 9:00am #2 Green Juice – Cucumber, Celery, Parsley, Kale, Cabbage, Broccoli, Fennel, Spinach, Romaine, Lemon, Ginger, Apple. I prefer mine without the apple as I’m not a huge fruit juice person, but for most this helps cut the green taste.
- 10:30am #3 Cardamom Dandelion Tea – Dried Dandelion Leaves, Filtered Water (Herbal)
- 12:30pm #4 Winter Orange Soup – Carrot, Butternut Squash, Onion, Garlic, Celery, Ginger, Cayenne, Cumin, Curry, Cinnamon, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Sea Salt, Filtered Water
- 2:30pm #5 Spiced Apple Juice – Apple, Fennel, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Cloves, Filtered Water. I switched this one out for the nut-milk.
- 4:30pm #6 Green Juice – Cucumber, Celery, Parsley, Kale, Cabbage, Broccoli, Fennel, Spinach, Romaine, Lemon, Ginger, Apple
- 7:00pm #7 Detox Salad – Chicory, Spinach, Lacinto Kale, Carrot, Cucumber, Celery, Radish, Apple, Quinoa, Flax, Chia, Hemp Seed, Acai-Lemon Dressing (Champagne Vinegar, Lemon Juice, Acai, Ginger, Shallots, Cayenne, Maple Syrup, Olive Oil) I did this one for lunch and did the soup for dinner.
I absolutely loved this cleanse and hope you give it a try. The juices are all great and the soup and salad are delish! My faves? The Winter Orange soup and the Nutmilk are insanely good, and the salad is enormous and yummy! Happy CAN CAN’ing and be sure to follow them for inspiration and updates on Facebook, Twitter , Pinterest, Instagram, or Youtube!