The holidays are upon us and it’s time to get shopping for some truly awesome gifts for family and friends! ABCey has some great ideas from local vendors, so you can get your loved ones something unique and help small businesses in the process. Take the pressure off with our specially curated holiday gift guide!
This week we are tackling gifts for her. From the tomboy to the girly girl and everything in between, we have gift options for the special lady in your life that are sure to make her cry (tears of joy of course) when she opens these incredible gifts!
Our Top 8 Picks:
1. For the Plant Lover
Give a living gift this Christmas with Botany Decor! Not your traditional flowers, these meticulously hand picked succulents won’t die out and brighten up any room with their rustic approach to decor. From their wooden designed frames to the hand crafted shape these add something special to any space and are sure to be a present she will love! See the arrangements and order here.
2. For the Techie
There’s a good chance the techie in your family has already got their hands on the latest and greatest tech. Give her the gift of customization with personalized dock stations, cases, and add on’s to make her valuables look as interesting as what they do. Take a look at Clique Shops device cases ranging in a multitude of colors and finishes that are sure to be a holiday hit!
3. For the World Traveler
For the constant traveler there is really no place like home. Give her something to remissness with a large travel map she can hang in her room. Map Republic offers large framed vintage maps that will add wander lust to any interior. They even come with push pins so she can mark all the places shes been. Bon Voyage!
4. For the Foodie
The elusive foodie has eaten at the best places and is the most knowledgeable when it comes to restaurants. Put their dining skills where their mouth is by helping them create a fantastic dish on their own! The deluxe DIY cheese making kit by Urban Cheese Craft does this by providing all the essential tools for gourmet cheese making! Bon Apetite.
5. For the Fashionista
Nothing says Merry Christmas like a little sparkle! Skip the diamonds and go for something urban and trendy like druzy. The raw cut of druzy stone makes for a unique all over sparkle that is featured in a collection of enchanting colors. These gold druzy necklaces from Song Yee Designs are so beautiful, she’ll never take them off.
6. For the Makeup Obsessed
Any makeup lover knows the #1 problem they will face is storage and organization! Get her something useful by gifting an acrylic makeup storage box. Clear storage boxes, like these 5 tier ones from Glamoure Box, seriously reduce clutter and allow her to see all the tools as shes getting her glam on!
7. For the Yogi
Yogi’s everywhere love this season for it’s serene winter setting and the peace that abounds with this holiday. Give her something to make her morning ritual even more special with a customized yoga mat. With My Custom Yoga Mat you can pick her favorite color for the mat and adorn it with her initials to truly give her the gift of serenity.
8. For the Perfect Hostess
What to give to the hostess with the mostest? Look no further than the tools of the trade. Wooden spoons or wine stoppers from Personalized Gallery let you pick engraved images and words that can leave a lasting impression as well as provide a useful keepsake that makes all the details come together.
It’s been several days since Christmas and I’m sure you’ve done all your returns and exchanges that come along with the holiday season. I am also sure you received a few gift cards to places where you will never shop at and aren’t sure what to do with. Don’t worry! There are plenty of sites that will help you sell or exchange your gift cards to places that you will actually shop at. Check out these five sites that ABCey recommends and see which one works out the best for you!
1. GiftCardRescue – This site allows you to sell gift cards you don’t want and get up to 90% cash. You are mailed check within 48 hours of receiving your gift card. Also with GiftCardRescue, you can swap gift cards for an Amazon.com Gift Card and get an additional 5%. Your exchange gift card code will be emailed to you within 48 hours of receiving your gift card. You can purchase discount gift cards from 4% up to 30% off and get free shipping. All discount gift card transactions are backed by a 100% money back guarantee. They offer gift cards to over 250 major brands. They, however, will only buy plastic cards and not electronic codes.
2. Plastic Jungle – When you sell gift cards to Plastic Jungle you decide how you want to exchange your cards. You can select an instant payment option and get up to 92% of the face value of the gift card paid out via PayPal or Amazon.com. You can also swap gift cards for cash. When you choose Plastic Jungle for your gift card exchange, the postage to mail your gift cards to Plastic Jungle is covered. You also have the option to sell gift cards to Plastic Jungle and turn them into a donation to a nonprofit or another charitable organization of your choice. When you make a donation of cash for gift cards that would normally be unused, you are able to make a difference in your community and around the globe. Plastic Jungle offers over 400 retailers and brands of gift cards to buy or sell.
3. Carpool – A very easy gift card site to navigate, Cardpool’s name describes them both precisely and in a fun way. With its amazing inventory, Cardpool really is a pool full of gift cards. Like other sites, Carpool’s Gift Card Exchange section lets you buy gift cards for up to 35% off or sell gift cards for up to 92% cash back. When you sell a gift card to them, you get a choice of either cash in the form of a check or an Amazon.com gift card. If you choose the Amazon.com gift card route, your offer will be 5% more. All orders and transactions include FREE SHIPPING and are covered by their extensive Purchase Guarantee Program. When issues do arise, however, you do not have the option of contacting Cardpool customer service by phone.
4. CardCash – CardCash lets you buy discount gift cards for up to 35% off and sell them for up to 92% of the face value. If you don’t want to sell your gift card to CardCash, you are also able to trade it straight across for an Amazon.com gift card of the same exact balance. However, you will pay a transaction fee to trade. CardCash is slightly different than other gift card merchants in that they will purchase any remaining balance on a gift card. You can sell gift cards to CardCash with no minimum or maximum limit. CardCash doesn’t offer as many categories as other gift card exchange services do but they are also one of the few gift card exchange services to offer sports leagues gift cards, such as cards to the NBA Store.
5. SwapaGift – SwapaGift offers the most unique way to get cash for your gift card out of all these sites. If you’re looking for cash immediately you can stop into one of their Certified Partner locations throughout the U.S. You can locate a store near you that will buy your gift card today for cash by simply selecting the state you are in from the map on their website. Gift card merchants and redemption rates may vary per store, and may be less than the mail-in rates but you can call ahead to obtain the redemption rate. Note that you can’t actual swap any gift cards online through this site!
These sites are great! Gift cards, in the past, have been go-to gifts for event gift packages so now, as the gift card giver, one never has to stress out too much about where to purchase your gift cards from. Now you can rest assure that the people you’re giving a gift card to, have options on what they can do with your gift! Have you used any of these sites to get cash or a more suitable gift card? Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook & Twitter.