Get excited because Fall is approaching quickly! Time to sip warm cocoa, plan your get togethers with family and friends, and watch the leaves magically change. Make sure you’re ready for all your Autumn events with unique seasonal decorations! To help you, ABCey Events has compiled a list of 7 unique Fall centerpieces!
1. Autumn Log Centerpiece
You can light up your table with just a log and tealight candles! With a little drilling and placing, you have the perfect centerpiece! Also, this candlelit log goes great with anything earthy like small acorns and fall colored leaves. If you want a color pop, add in some bright red cranberries and pumpkins around the log! Leave your guests feeling toasty and warm while they enjoy their meal!
2. Glittery Acorn Fall Centerpieces
Already seeing acorns on your neighborhood street? Preserve and reuse them as a budget-friendly fall decor! These DIY Glitter Acorns are great centerpieces and will surely make your event look colorful and shiny! Simply spray paint them in a variety of colors, add a touch of glitter, and put them in a vase on display for all your guests to see. Also, you can spread them out on your table for a more casual yet colorful style!
3. Citrus Centerpieces
Citrus fruit comes in so many fun and festive colors. So use them this Fall as perfect bright centerpieces! Combine decorative flowers, branches, acorns, etc. with real oranges and limes to create a vibrant feel. And this is so simple to put together. Create this sophisticated and classy citrus centerpiece!
3. Floral Pumpkins
Combine your pumpkins with flowers to create a one of a kind design! Intrigue your guests with these floral pumpkins and use this unique trick to decorate your centerpieces. In addition, this quick DIY is perfect if you ever need a fast centerpiece! And, there are different ways of making this flower covered pumpkin!
4. Autumn Leaf Bowl
Upgrade your bowl and get into the Autumn spirit with this DIY! Great for decorating or holding treats, this Fall leaf bowl is very versatile. So grab some Mod Podge glue, fake Fall leaves, Kryon Glaze, plastic wrap, and a bowl or balloon. In fact it’s that easy to make this creative fall centerpiece.
5. Paper Pumpkins
Tired of real pumpkins? Then try paper pumpkins! Make your centerpieces stand out with these creatively colored paper pumpkins. They are absolutely adorable and super easy to make! Because there are so many colors to choose from, you’re options are unlimited!
7. Turkey Masterpiece
When it comes to Fall, turkey is a must have for your events! Don’t have a real, paper, ceramic, or clay turkey? No problem! Instead, you can create this artistic turkey centerpiece! So grab a pumpkin, Sahara floral foam, glue, carrots, cranberries and amongst other foods to create this! Set this turkey out during your event and watch your guests marvel at your masterpiece!
The Olympic Games are in full swing and it’s time to get into the competitive spirit! What better way to celebrate the games than by hosting an Olympic Games party? From food to activities, ABCey is here to help!
Entertainment and Games
Virtual Reality Games
Be a part of the games with fun entertainment and games to entertain your guests! Bring a high tech twist to your Olympic games party by bringing virtual reality. From basketball to tennis to volleyball, choose whatever sports your guests like most, and they can play on virtual reality screens and with goggles! Also, you can also get virtual and integrated sports floor technology, and let your guests enjoy playing on their favorite field!
Backyard Upgraded Games
In addition, upgrade your outdoor games with fully interactive games! Not only are games, like this Super Bowl hamster wheel, fun, but they are also unique twists. You can adapt this game for soccer, track and field, and tons of other sports for more Olympic fun! Also, guests will love that you compete with others to get the highest score. So bring the competitive spirit to your Olympic Games viewing party with games like this one!
DIY Olympic Gold Medals
Another key element of a party is rewarding your guests for coming! Save money and stay with the Olympic games party theme thanks to these DIY Olympic medals. With some glue, glitter, bottle caps, and ribbon, you can easily make these great medals. Your guests will feel special that you spent the time to DIY making these fun party favors!
Olympic Games party food and beverages:
Olympic Games cake pop torches
Although you can’t be in Rio, you can still feel the electric vibe and feel like you’re right in the middle of the action! The celebrations start with the lighting and passing of the torch, so don’t forget a decoration to symbolize it. These decorative torches are not only festive, but they are also sweet! So let your guests make their own cake pop snacks and indulge their sweet tooth!
Olympic rings drinks
An Olympic party wouldn’t be complete without the rings! You can creatively show your Olympic theme with these fun cocktail glasses drink! Or, you can also add some sugar or salt to your glasses to liven up your cocktails and any drinks you’re planning to make! Also, you can use this trick for any drinking cup. Here is how to make them!
Colored ring ice cubes
In addition to your sugared cups, you can keep your refreshments cool thanks to these ice cubes! Not only do they perfectly fit with the Olympic Games party theme, but all you need is food coloring. Toss these rings into any clear flavored drink so guests can drink in style! Find out how to make them here!
Invite guests to your party in style with these awesome tickets! Although they may be disappointed that they aren’t going flying to Rio, they’ll be excited to join in on the action at your party. These printable tickets will immediately load to your computer and let you customize it. This lets you add your own date, venue, and time. So feel special attending your top notch event.
Olympic rings backdrop
Create the perfect backdrop for your food/beverage tables and throughout your party venue! In addition, you’ll save money with these DIY Olympic rings. Also, you won’t believe how simple these are to make. Simply pin or glue colored crepe paper over polystyrene rings, and there you have it. An easy decoration that will impress your guests!
Here at ABCey, we’re always trying to stay on top of emerging conference and tech trends that continue to shape the industry. These days it’s less about going to a conference, and more about the experience!
1. Meetings are Experiences: Planners today are seeking more experiential programs that maximize attendees’ time, create an emotional connection between attendees and the company, and align with business objectives of the meeting. Last year, ABCey events produced an event for San Francisco’s biggest Security Conference, RSA and SpiderOak, a ‘zero-knowledge’ privacy cloud tech company for Penetralia: Privacy Matters. We incorporated live video mapping walls depicting the history and evolution of internet privacy, and created a experiential display with two boxes entitled “Privacy” and “Security” to show the difference between these two terms!
2. Mobile Technology: Like every other aspect in our lives, we rely on our phones or tablets to get us through the conference! With the emergence of all these conference apps, such as eventmobi, foursquare, DoubleDutch and various social media platforms, the audience member can always stay connected, coordinate meet-ups and know what is going on at the event.
3. Interactive Technology: Some of the newest technology trends this year are audience focused. From responsive imaging to 3D lighting, these new technologies are paving the way for bigger and better technologies to take center stage of conferences in the future. In February, we hosted FireEyes’ Guardian of the Galaxy themed party where guests were able to stand in as superhero cyborgs using 3D mapping and those images were projected onto mannequins posed and ready to save the world.
4. Geofencing and Location Awareness Technologies: This allows conference planners the opportunity to instantaneously send information out to attendees once they enter the geofencing proximity, making it significantly easier. With location awareness technologies, guests can check in to a conference just by walking into the geofence zone!
5. Bringing In The Local Culture: Large conference halls are out and cultural city locations are in this year! Attendees want a more local experience so planners are bringing in regional cuisines and farm to table-esque foods and topping it off with local craft breweries and wineries unavailable to people at home!
Spring time is in full swing, and at ABCey we have the latest trends to keep your events fresh and in season! Here are our 5 favorite spring time event trends!
1. Mix and Match: From bold prints to textures, mixing and matching is a great way to brighten up your event decor and usher in the spring time! Try mixing white hot textures with bold animal prints, or even mix bold colors to brighten up any event!
2. Radiant Orchid: The pantone color of the year is a great spring time color. Play off the wonderful blooms of the season and bring this bright, floral color to all aspects of your event! Small or large doses of this beautiful orchid color is a beautiful and elegant way to bring a touch of spring time to any event!
3. Green Room: Bring the outdoors in! The biggest thing we noticed at SXSW? Indoor greenery. Connect your event to the outdoors by creating intimate gardens and brightening up your event space. We absolutely loved this wonderful green wall! Its a springy, beautiful way to blur the line between indoor and out!
4. Go Retro: From neon and geometric shapes to old fashioned, marquee signage theres no better way to freshen up a spring party than by bringing back retro! We love the old school typography and patterns that are making appearances everywhere! What’s your favorite retro look?
5. Bold Florals: Go bold with florals this spring! Bright and structured florals are a must for this spring and summer. Take a page out of the runway looks and match stunning textured flowers with architectural, angular greenery and settings. It will surely be a statement piece for any occasion.
These fun, fresh trends are the perfect way to set your event apart from the rest! What’s your favorite trend to excite your guests and ring in the spring with?! Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook and Twitter!
The world of event planning is constantly changing, moving with the ebb and flow of social media, pop culture and fashion. We’ve been scoping out the blogs, the feeds and the social media sites to answer one burning question: What are the hottest themes of 2014? We’ve found a couple of our favorites, and from what we can tell -it’s going to be a fun year!
1. Bold and Bright: Don’t be afraid to go big this year. Bright colors and patterns seem to be what’s popping up everywhere! It’s such a fantastic way to set the tone of your event and welcome your guests!
2. Modern Rustic: With the welcome addition of Pinterest to the social media world, rustic crafts and themes became prevalent last year. This year, the goal is to ‘step up our game’ by maturing the rustic theme and bringing it into the modern era. Try mixing and matching rustic pieces with more modern and sleek looks to create a perfect blend of old and new.
3. Great Gatsby: The Great Gatsby is continuing its dominance from 2013 and rolling into the new year with a vengeance. Flappers, bourbon and flamboyance is what make any Gatsby party great. We love the elegance that goes with this theme, but what we absolutely adore is the fashion!
4. French Garden Party: Ever since we saw the SAG awards party with its Parisian Greenhouse theme we’ve been hoping for it to take off! Such a stunning, live theme with endless possibilities in scale, decor and applicability!
5. Radiant Orchid: Run with the Pantone color of 2014! Center your party around this classy, shining color! Imagine mixing and matching it with tones and textures to create a beautiful, mature atmosphere around any event! We haven’t been able to get enough of this color at ABCey and can’t wait to mix and match shades and textures of it to create a vibrant, modern mood.
As 2014 quickly surfaced, event designers made their predictions for hot trends as well as tired ones. At ABCey, we love to keep ahead of the curve on emerging trends, especially in event design. Here are predictions from some top event designers based on three design elements: theme, props, and color palette.
Leslee Bell, founder of Decor & More: Themes can truly set the tone for an event. Leslie says ‘Cirque’ and ‘Alice in Wonderland’ are themes that will remain popular in 2014. Stand-up receptions will continue to go for the club look, using colors such as grays and blacks to make the setting more enticing than the basic white on white. Circus is a theme that is predicted to be on its way out. As far as props go, Leslie believes the bolder the prop, the bigger the impact. Oversized props such as mirrors, moveable walls, and giant walk-through frames will add depth and drama. She also believes bold, tropical colors are in for the next year.
MATTHEW DAVID HOPKINS
Matthew David Hopkins from 360 Design Events: Aligned with Leslee’s predictions on color palettes, David believes bold colors are in, not only for 2014, but for the next few years. He says combining metallics is what’s hot for this year. A mix of gunmetal and gold or copper is in. What’s out: orange is a color that is fading, and won’t make an impact on your 2014 event. Metallic tableware and tinted glass will be found on tabletops at events in 2014. According to Matthew David, a neutral linen combined with a pop of color is “very now.” He also suggests to keep an eye out for cobalt glass, as it will be very prevalent over the next couple years.
Edgar Zamora from Revelry Event Designers: Mixtures of ‘trend’ and ‘Old World’ make unique themes for 2014 events. This theme can be executed by using wood, mirrored, and antique tables. This can create an unforgettable dining experience for 100 – 200 guests. Shabby chic is a theme that is tired, and will not be seen in 2014 events. According to Edgar, guests are looking for events that bring elements with legacy and history. Trending color palettes are basic whites with pops of lavenders and purples.
James Douglas from Shiraz Events: Rustic modern is a hot theme for 2014. This new trend is compiled of raw materials with wood finishes, and a color palette of black and silver. Mason jars, wood coffee tables, and vintage barn pendants can create a rustic setting with a modern twist. Black and gold decor is in, while pleated stage skirting is out. What’s up and coming? Furniture and various decor pieces with neon lining.
Themes, props, and color palettes are each important design elements that add to any event! What do you think of the 2014 predictions from these event designers? Do you have any predictions of your own? Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook and Twitter!
Thought the dip-dye trend was dead? Think again! Dip-dying is a fun way to add color and creativity to your event without going too over the top. Not to mention, you just have to dip and dye! ABCey has gathered 10 different ideas for dip-dying for you to DIY;)
1. Tablecloths | Start your party right, by creating a tablecloth that is sure to please!
2. Napkins | Use plain napkins you have at home and spice them up with this ombre effect!
3. Napkin Rings | Add a pop of color to your table setting with cute napkin holders!
4. Place Cards | Lead guests to their seats by drawing them in with these fun place cards!
5. Tags | Giving a gift to your hostess? Make sure they know who it’s from with these cute tags that pop!
6. Skewers | Make your food eye catching by placing it on ombre skewers!
7. Utensils | Let guests serve themselves with brightly colored utensils!
8. Invitations | Get your guests excited for your party with this dip dye teaser!
9. Garlands | This super simple garland is made with simple coffee filters and looks so fabulous! Who would have thought?!
10. Balloons | Turn ordinary balloons into the coolest decor by dipping them in sequins! So glitzy!
In the words of Julia Child, “a party without cake is really just a meeting,” and we couldn’t agree more. That why ABCey has decided to put together 10 of our favorite cake designs that you can use as inspiration for your next event!
1. Rice Krispie Cake | This is such an easy and fun cake for any event! Kids and adults alike will love this adorable cake!
2. Black Cake | Black is definitely an underrated cake color. We think it looks so classy and sleek! Your cake will be the center of attention.
3. Ombre Cake | This color shifting cake looks beautiful on display at any event and will be sure to catch guests eyes!
4. Cookie Cake | Who doesn’t like cookies? This cake will make every guest happy and tastes great paired with ice cream!
5. Sprinkle Cake | Can’t pick a color for your cake? Why not use them all with sprinkles! So simple and cute!
6. Simple & Natural Cake | We love the simplicity of this white cake with a few plants placed on top. There is definitely beauty in simplicity, and this cake proves that!
7. Candy Cake | Next time you make a cake, spice it up with adding candy on top! This one has Whoppers on top! Cute and tasty!
8. Metallic Cake | Since sequins don’t really work on cakes, this is definitely the next best option to add a little “bling” to your cake and event!
9. Sweet & Salty Cake | There’s something about sweet and salty that satisfies everybody’s taste buds. This one has bacon and peanuts on it! YUM!
And last but not least…
10. Pumpkin Cake | Tis’ the season! This super easy cake (two bundt cakes!) makes the perfect Fall party accessory!
Which cake is your favorite?! Let us know in a comment or on Facebook or Twitter! We might just have to try them all to give you our answer! Make sure to stay updated with ABCey for more event ideas and tech updates!
There is so much emphasis on being environmentally conscious nowadays, so ABCey has come up with a few tips on how to plan your next event while keeping the environment in mind. Here are a few of our favorite ideas to make your event that much more environmentally friendly! We challenge you to try at least one of these next time you have an event. We sure will!
1. Use plants as favors! It’s the gift that keeps on giving!
2. Design the menu according to the season and focus on locally grown food. (It usually tastes better anyway!)
3. Decorate with eco-friendly items. Try some dried flowers for a beautiful display! Check out Etsy for some beautiful, handmade options!
4. Shop your local antique store for vintage finds. Mismatched cups make for a fun atmosphere!
5. Collect pictures electronically by giving guests a hash tag for any pictures they post! You’ll collect so many funny pictures from everyone’s point of view!
What’s your next event and how are you going to incorporate eco-conscious planning? Let us know with a comment or a tweet! Make sure to follow us on Pinterest and stay updated with ABCey for more fun party planning tips!