Although it may not quite seem like it, Spring is officially here! With some of those April showers already upon us, you’ll need some versatile ideas for this weekend. ABCey has all sorts of things for you to do, both indoor and outdoor, to keep you entertained in this first weekend of Spring.
1. Taste Of The Nation | 3.21.13 | The Bently Reserve – SF | Join top San Francisco chefs, winemakers, brewers, and mixologists at one of the most highly anticipated events of the year, all while helping end childhood hunger. Each ticket purchased for this event supports Share Our Strength’s efforts to eliminate childhood hunger and supports local San Francisco beneficiaries Three Squares and Children of Shelters.
2. Compostmodern: Design + Sustainability Conference | 3.22.13 | Palace of Fine Arts – SF | Explore design’s role in creating a more resilient world over the course of two quick-moving, inspirational days with some of the world’s leading designers, entrepreneurs, scientists, architects and more. Compostmodern is an event for anyone interested in the cutting-edge of sustainability and design.
3. Stand-Up Show: Nick Offerman | 3.22.13 | Nob Hill Masonic Auditorium – SF | Parks & Recreation’s Nick Offerman, who plays the mustachioed Ron Swanson on the show, will be in San Francisco for one night to dole out truths about life, whiskey, and manliness amongst other things.
4. Saturday Stroll Art Walk | 3.23.13 | Oakland | Many of the galleries that participate in Oakland’s highly popular first Friday Art Murmur gallery walk are also open every Saturday afternoon. Known as the Saturday Stroll, this is a quieter and more focused time to view art and visit with gallery directors.
5. Brunch Pop-Up: Wine & Waffles | 3.24.13 | Biondivino Wine Boutique – SF | Chrissy’s Waffles is returning to Russian Hill’s Biondivino to pair waffles with prosecco cordials. The March Waffle Madness edition will feature a bacon waffle and the old-favorite chocolate malted waffle.
*BONUS EVENT* Signs & Symbols: The Art of Mad Dog Madigan and Michael Robinson featuring Space Cowboys’ DJs | 3.22.13 | A full night of Art and Music to benefit the Create Peace Project with Mad Dog designer of Burning Man’s entrance signs and Michael Robinson in their 1st San Francisco Art Show together.