The week days can be repetitive– eat, work, sleep, repeat. But the weekend can mess with our sleeping patterns, and nothing throws you off more than a night of restless sleep. Or maybe you’re like me, and you have a hard time getting your brain to quiet down long enough to get some shut eye.
Luckily, there are tons of apps out there to help you ease into a relaxed state of mind and get to sleep more easily. At ABCey, we need to get those full 8 hours so that we can be sure to stay on our toes for those long events. Here are five that are worth giving a try the next time you’re having trouble falling asleep!
1. SleepStream: SleepStream not only assists in capturing a full night’s slumber, but it does so in a way that results in an absolute bodily recharge everytime you close your eyes. It contains 8 hours of relaxing audio, guided meditations and music, visualizations, moodlights, and 15 different brain programs designed to stimulate the brain’s activity associated with relaxation.
2. SleepCycle: An intelligent alarm clock that analyzes your sleep and wakes you in the lightest sleep phase – the natural way to wake up feeling rested and relaxed. Since you move differently in bed during the different phases, Sleep Cycle can use the accelerometer in your iPhone to monitor your movement and determine which sleep phase you are in.
3. White Noise Lite: Features ambient sounds of the environment such as waves crashing on a beach and the soothing sound of rain fall.
4. Sleep Machine: Provides a huge assortment of professionally mastered ambient sounds designed specifically for achieving a total relaxed state and improving sleep. The multi sound player design is easy to play, mix, and create a lifelike sound for your sleep environment. You can mix iPod music with your favorite sounds too!
5. Netflix: This isn’t exaclty a sleep app, but maybe you’re the kind of person who just needs to throw on a movie on to fall asleep, so download the Netflix app to easily watch a movie or TV show on your phone while sinking into slumber.