The days are getting longer and the the weather is warming up! If those facts alone can’t entice you to get out and do something, then at least come out this weekend for a beer (or five) to celebrate everyone’s favorite Irish holiday. You don’t even have to worry about trying to decide what your plans should be, ABCey has got you covered!
1. Tech In Motion Silicon Valley UX Meetup | 3.14.13 | San Jose | Join Jobspring Partners and Workbridge Associates for food, drinks, and networking as they host the 6th installment of TechInMotion in conjunction with the SVUX LinkedIn community. Whether you are a UX professional, have a love for products that provide a great user experience, or enjoy networking, you won’t want to miss this!
2. Bourbon Tasting & Mixology Happy Hour | 3.14.13 | The Brixton – SF | A full complement of bourbons will be on hand for your inspection, where specialists will be available to illuminate each spirit’s character.Director of Mixology David Depove will conduct a mini-academy to teach you the proper way to mix a classic cocktail.
3. DevFest Silicon Valley | 3.15.13 | Mountain View | DevFest is a series of community-led events that have technical sessions centered around Google developer technologies and platforms like Android, Chrome, Google+, and App Engine. This DevFest will have a particular focus on women-inclusion and bringing the female developer community together to teach, learn, code and network. Both men and women welcome!
4. Exhibit: Controversial Messages | 3.16.13 | Gallery 16 – SF | Gillmore’s work, which is held by museums including the Museum of Modern Art in New York City, is known for its distinctive deployment of controversial, often vitriolic text amidst abstract or graphic paint. The paintings have a deadpan yet provocative appeal that stays with a viewer longer than one would perhaps expect.
5. Irish Bank St. Patrick’s Day Block Party | 3.17.13 | Financial District | In reality, you’ll be able to find a St. Patty’s day celebration at just about any corner that you turn, but check out The Irish Bank Bar and Restaurant for a variety of different Irish music, food, and drinks! The fun starts nice and early at 9am.
*BONUS* Don’t forget to attend San Francisco’s 2013 St. Patrick’s Day Festival and Parade on Saturday! Festivities start at 11am and end at 5pm at the Civic Center Plaza.
We want to know which events you decide to attend this weekend! Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook & Twitter.