As the world around us transforms and adapts to the never-ending development of technology, we’re constantly seeing trends pop up all around us. Considering the fact that indulging in spirits with friends is one of the oldest traditions held by humanity, the bar scene has remained relatively unchanged in comparison to our other surroundings. But nothing can stay the same forever, so what does the future hold for bars, beer, and cocktails? ABCey has compiled some of the newest trends that you may be seeing in the not-so-distant future…
1. Bartendro – A fast, portable, precise cocktail robot that can mix your drink in just 10 seconds. Using your smart phone or tablet, you can personalize your drink menu by adding your favorite cocktails made just the way you like them, and Bartendro will do the work. Just put your cup under the dispenser and let it be filled with a delicious cocktail, no measuring or mess to deal with!
2. The Vaporized Cocktail – McCall‘s Catering in SF puts a twist on the regular ol’ cocktail with their vaporized cocktails. The trick behind a vaporized cocktail is the alcohol infused with different ingredients, giving it a delicious and unique taste. After igniting the ingredients, a vaporizer is used to turn them into pure aromatic vapor. The vapor is then captured under a glass bell jar and infused into the alcohol, leaving you with a cocktail flavored unlike any other.
3. Molecular Mixology – A special practice of mixing drinks using the analysis and techniques found in science to understand and experiment with cocktail ingredients on the molecular level. Molecular Mixology includes the use of foams, liquid nitrogen, gels, mists, heat, solidifying liquids, and countless other options to create a truly harmonious taste.
4. Edible Barware – In the effort to rid the use of disposable cups, Loliware is a line of edible cups that come in five flavors (sweet vanilla, spicy pepper, salty lime, sour lemon, and bitters) designed to complement classic cocktails. The two-ounce cups are completely biodegradable and made from all-natural, vegan ingredients.
5. Wall Of Drink Tanks – An interesting new way to let you get creative, getting bored of your drink is not an option with this wall! And say goodbye to ingredient errors, as well. Saunter up to the dispensers and mix up some of your favorite flavors before heading to the bartender to top it off with the alcohol of your choice.
Which of these do you hope to see popping up at your favorite bar? What other trends did we miss? Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook & Twitter!