Startup Monday showcases companies and the Bay Area that we think are awesome! This week we highlight Zendesk, a company that helps other companies understand and aid their customers better!
Zendesk was started in a Copenhagen loft by three friends who used an old kitchen door as a desk. They wanted to bring a “bit of zen” to the chaotic world of customer support. And, they wanted to do it with software that was nice to look at and easy to use.
Zendesk helps companies have better communication and relationships with their customers. They also help businesses understand those customers better. Most noteworthy is their support system! The system involves a team of experts that can be reached around the world via email, phone and chat! Another great tool offered is their customer analytics. This allows companies to predict what would help lead to higher customer satisfaction as well evaluate performance.
We love that how they create solid relationships between businesses and their customers, because we love doing the same with our clients!
Is it just us, or did Easter seem to come very early this year? In any case, this beautiful week is looking like it will end with a few showers, but that’s no reason to stay home. Here are some fun events to attend if you’re stumped for ideas!
1. Game Developers Conference | Moscone Center | March 27-29 | The GDC attracts over 22,500 attendees, and is the primary forum where programmers, artists, producers, game designers, audio professionals, business decision-makers and others involved in the development of interactive games gather to exchange ideas and shape the future of the industry. The GDC is produced by the UBM Tech Game Network.
2. ZenU | Mission Bay Conference Center, UCSF | March 28 | A fun and engaging day to learn more about customer service best practices using Zendesk. The schedule includes training sessions to discover more about the power of Zendesk with other customers and support brainiacs.
3. Cooking Class: Best of Locanda | SF Cooking School | March 30 | Join Locanda’s Anthony Strong to prepare a Roman menu based of favorite dishes from the restaurant. In this hands-on class Anthony will show you how to perfect some of the restaurant’s best-known dishes, adapting the recipes for your own kitchen.
4. Easter Brunch | Foreign Cinema | March 31 | Brunch specialists Gayle Pirie and John Clarke will present a special three-course Easter prix fixe menu on Sunday with a range of choices that include warm brandade with Thai green chilies, baguette French toast with cardamom-blood orange butter and poached eggs with duck.
5. Union Street Easter Parade and Festival | Union Street ~ Gough to Fillmore | March 31 | The event is not your average Street Fair or formal Parade. It can best be described as wonderful, wacky, elegant and fabulous, with everything from roller-blading cows and creative self-propelled mini-floats to garden areas, sophisticated fashions and beautiful classic and art cars.
No business is complete without a customer service strategy and platform, and if you have customers- you need Zendesk! Zendesk is a web-based help desk and support ticketing application that gives companies a simple way to manage incoming support requests from end customers.
User reviews say that the app is super modern, clean and easy to use with little customization to get up and running. Many also report that it is a great system overall, with fun widgets and Salesforce integration.
Zendesk has led the way in revolutionizing customer service platforms. They have had some great milestones including adding Twitter data and functionality in 2010 and Facebook integration in 2011, which has allowed customer service teams to engage with Facebook users from within the startup’s popular help-desk platform. Over 20,000 companies are now using Zendesk for customer service with upcoming plans to expand around the world.
Of course, any great idea/company is not without competitors – TeamSupport, Click Desk, Freshdesk, and Desk are just a few of the competitors in this space. Does your company use Zendesk or any other online customer service company? Have they helped your business grow? Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook & Twitter.