Tech Tuesday: Apps for your New Year’s Resolution
Did you know that 50% of Americans make a New Year’s Resolution ever year, but only 8% actually follow through? If you’re having trouble sticking to those resolutions like we are then you’ll love these apps! We’ve rounded up the Top 5 resolutions made by Americans and found fantastic mobile apps to help you succeed!
1. Losing Weight/Getting Fit: Don’t let habit and excuses get in the way of your fitness goals! San Francisco’s very own GainFitness is an app that puts every tool in the palm of your hand. With downloadable fitness packs you can tailor your workout to your needs and restrictions while tracking your progress. Don’t believe us? Check it out for yourself!
2. Read More Books: Still have that stack of books you’ve been meaning to read? Or maybe a friend just suggested a great read but you can’t bring yourself to actually begin? This is where ReadMore comes in. Keep track of your reading list and your habits all in one simple app, we love being able to power through our reading lists with it.
3. Spend Less and Save More: Want to keep track of your spending habits and find out where you can save money on everyday expenses? Mountain View, CA based company Mint is just what you need. Mint keeps track of your accounts and spending habits showing you exactly where your money goes. Its perfect for everyday use or party planning on a budget!
4. Get Organized: Do you have a million things to do in a day? Sounds like we have a few things in common! Use Wunderlist to organize your day and get make sure every task is completed flawlessly! It recycles repeated tasks as well as syncs and updates to all your devices!
5. Staying Sharp: In our crazy day and age maybe you are focusing on making 2014 the year you begin to keep your brain sharp. Tablets and smartphones are the perfect travel toy to keep your ‘thinker’ sharp. Try one of our favorites, FitBrain with games and tasks that help you keep your brain sharp and eager to learn new things!
What were your New Year’s Resolutions? Let us know if any apps are helping you stick to your goals in this new year? Let us know in the comments section below or on Facebook and Twitter!
The 5 Innovative Ways to use Apps in Event Planning
When it comes to event planning, technology can either help you or set you back a few paces. ABCey has hand-selected the apps we find most useful when we’re putting on your flawless event. These apps are great for any occasion but have found their long-lost calling in the event planning world!
1. Get Together Remotely | Whether you’re across town or across the country, it’s near impossible to get everyone in the same place at the same time. Get through the planning process with ease by downloading a conference call app like UberConference! This app is free, customizable, and lets you send files from Evernote and Box through the call. That’s what we call multitasking!
2. Be a Task Master | To-do lists are great, but having a communal to-do list is even better! Skip the Post-it note and create a list that’s on your computer, your phone, and all your colleagues’ devices. We suggest Wunderlist because you can invite others to collaborate on tasks and check the group’s progress in the activity center.
3. Track it Down | Sometimes, an emergency coffee run is just necessary. Keep track of all the little out-of-pocket expenses piling up with XpenseTracker. This app holds photos of receipts and describes each expense in detail. After the event, the app uploads the expenses to your computer in Excel format.
4. Be the Bouncer | The guest list is one of the most integral parts of event planning and production- you have to keep your guests happy! The Attendium app makes sure you never skip a beat from downloading guest lists from Excel and e-mail to making sure staff, VIPs, and attendees feel welcome and taken care of.
5. Stay in Command | While a walkie-talkie app may sound unnecessary (and dated,) Voxer is worth a download before your event begins. With the ability to send and save voice messages as well as texts, it’s the only live push-to-talk app where you’ll never miss a message. Your coworkers will thank you in advance!
Which app would be most helpful to you? Tell us in a comment or on Facebook and Twitter!