It’s almost Friday! ABCey brings you this week’s Weekend Lineup with the top events in the SF Bay Area for the upcoming weekend! We feature everything from Christmas in July and Sundaze Day Party to an Outdoor Movie Night and a Shakeout Run!
Weekend Lineup: Beer Garden Nightlife
July 20th | 6:pm-9:45pm | Tickets $12-$15| 55 Music Concourse Dr, San Francisco, CA 94118
Start your weekend early with Cal Academy’s Beer Garden Nightlife! California Academy of Sciences combines locally brewed beers, music and incredible science to create an unforgettable night in their pop-up beer garden! Cal Academy is having over 12 local breweries come out for the event!
Christmas in July
July 21st | All Day | Free Admission| Pier 39, The Embarcadero, San Francisco, CA 94111
Everyone loves the holiday season, so why not celebrate twice this year with Christmas in July! Pier 39 is hosting this fun-filled day with tons of festivities all day! It’s the perfect way to spend time with your family and friends after a long week of work!
Presidio Outdoor Movie Night
July 21st | | Free Admission | Civil War Parade Ground, San Francisco, CA 94129
Presidio’s family friendly movie night is the ultimate way to relax and enjoy the beautiful summer weather! Gather your friends and family and head out to Presidio for an outdoor movie night!
The San Francisco Marathon’s Official Shakeout Run
July 22nd | 8 | Free Admission |Festival Pavilion, 2 Marina Blvd, San Francisco, CA 94123
Get active this weekend and join everyone in the San Francisco Marathon’s Official Shakeout Run! This run is the perfect way to start your Saturday morning!
Petcube Rescue Block Party
July 22nd | 11:34 | Tickets $20| Spark Social, 601 Mission Bay Blvd N, San Francisco, CA 94158
The Petcube Rescue Block Party combines pets and partying to create the ultimate celebration! Not to mention, there will be food trucks and entertainment too! Who wouldn’t want to come out and celebrate?!
San Francisco Symphony on the Waterfront
July 23rd | 12 | Free Admission| Pier 27, The Embarcadero, San Francisco, CA 94133
The San Francisco Symphony is hosting their 3rd annual free concert this weekend that you won’t want to miss! Spend your Sunday relaxing outside at the Waterfront and enjoying some awesome symphonic music!
Sundaze Day Party
July 23rd | 2 + | Tickets 0-$20 | The Endup, 401 6th St, San Francisco, CA 94103
End your weekend with a bang with Sundaze Day Party! Keep the party going this Sunday and head out to The Endup for a day filled with dancing, drinks, friends and a good time!
Are you wondering how to spend your upcoming weekend? This week ABCey’s weekend lineup let’s you know about the events that will get you laughing, sweating, and learning!
SF DOWNTOWN COMEDY THEATER
February 27th | 10 PM | 287 Ellis St. San Francisco | $10
Begin your weekend with some laughter at the SF Downtown Comedy Theater. Their 30 seat comedy theater is a warm and friendly place to enjoy some stand up comedy. While enjoying a fabulous night of entertainment you are also supporting a great cause. The SF Downtown Comedy Theater uses their talents as a fundraiser for Global Women Intact. Their BYOB policy allows this theater to be an affordable girls night out, or date, or celebration.
February 28th | 12-1 PM | San Francisco, CA | $15
It’s time to get out of the house and go play outside! Let the little kid who is wishing we still had recess play outside this weekend at Color Wars SF. TiltFit is offering a different type of workout this Saturday. Once you get there you’ll be placed on a team to compete in a series of challenges. This event is open to all skill levels, so don’t be shy! Bring a friend or ride solo to win the Color War!
THE MASQUERADE BALL
February 28th | 9-2 PM | San Francisco | $50
Time to bring out your masquerade mask and dance throughout the night! This Saturday the Payne Mansion is hosting the 6th annual Masquerade Ball. Come hide your desires and release your inhibitions at the ball. Join in for a night of mystery and find out everything that this event has to offer.
CALIFORNIA ACADEMY OF SCIENCES
Feb 27-March 1 | 10-5 PM | San Francisco | Free
This weekend the California Academy of Sciences is having free admission day for a few neighborhoods. If you live in Bernal Heights, Castro, Cole Valley, Glen Park, Haight, Lake Merced, Mission, Noe Valley, or St. Francis Wood this weekend you get the opportunity to experience the California Academy of Sciences for free. During your trip to the California Academy of Sciences you can engage in exhibits and shows. As well as looking at majestical live animals from around the world. Celebrate your weekend by learning new things from the California Academy of Sciences.
Tech Tuesday highlights the best and brightest ideas in the tech world. ABCey would like to recognize these up and coming technologies for their innovative ideas and impact on the event world!
One of the many great characteristics of the San Francisco Bay Area is its emphasis on health and well-being. With the wave of apps and startups from this area, we have seen lots of fitness related tech that can help you get more from your workout, track it and even motivate you to get active! As event planners, we need to stay healthy so that we can be on our toes for long hours. We’ve compiled a great list of 5 of our favorite fitness apps that keep us on the go!
1. Zombies, Run is one of the most fun, creative apps we’ve seen. It places you in a scene where you really do need to run for your life, and gives you that motivation you’ve been looking for. You are set in a narrated apocalypse intermixed with your own playlist. The fun doesn’t stop when you stop running, because there are games that come with the app to immerse you even when you’re not working out. Even if you haven’t hooked onto the new zombie fad, this app is so much fun!
2. BitGym makes long treadmill runs a lot more fun, taking you on a visual vacation through the streets of somewhere far away. Fuel your run being immersed in a tour of the Grand Canyon, or sprint the trails of the Alps without a plane ride! The visuals are beautiful and it allows you to motivate your runs with the promise of seeing something amazing!
3. Strava is software that keeps track of your workouts, runs, bike rides and cross-training, and then helps you compare them day by day to track progress and effort. You can even compare against other athletes using Strava! You can upload your routes via GPS capable gadgets and when you get back, you can see your hard work displayed on Strava.com! The site even gives challenges for users to compete in to push themselves even more.
4. Spitfire Athlete is an app that promotes health and strength in women, to push them to be more than they imagined. It connects you for free with coaches, step by step training and the information you need to reach your goals. The app is action packed with scientific facts and motivation to build strength and be the best you can be! We love this because it strives to make working out about feeling good and we love how easy it is to the connect a community of healthy information sharing!
5. GymPact is a mobile app that sets up incentives with money! Are you trying to exercise more or eat healthier? Set goals on pact and if you don’t meet these goals, you pay. If you do, you are paid by other members who didn’t meet their goals. We love this app because it creates real world incentives. The most important way to grow is by setting goals, and earning money while you complete your goals is a just fun bonus!
The summer kickoff parties are in full swing this weekend and here at ABCey Events, we can’t wait to attend some of these fun and exciting events in the Bay Area! As usual, there are plenty of events to choose from and this weekend we narrowed down some of our favorites including parties, fairs, and festivals!
Featured Event: DISTRIKT Revel Station| Saturday, June 7th|1:00 pm-10pm|16th Train Station Oakland|Head over just across the bridge to Oakland and attend DISTRIKT Revel Station. This event is a non-profit electronic music party and the only fundraiser in the Bay Area prior to Burning Man. The party will feature 4 areas of sound by DJ’s DISTRIKT, Dusty Rhino, Friends and Family, and Opulent Temple. Food and beverages will be offered and a cool new lounge area will be built making this year the biggest year DISTRIKT Revel Station has had! This sounds so fun and we can’t wait to see pictures and hear how this event goes! This event is 21 and over with $20 presale / $30 door.
1. Sunset Artisan Fair |Saturday June 7th|11:00 am-4:00pm|3635 Lawton St. San Francisco|The Artisan Fair is an annual event featuring handmade DIY(do it yourself) crafts by local artisans. These include jewelry, art, sewn goods, accessories, and more. Also included at the event are gourmet street food and deserts with live music! Every year 100% of the proceeds go to a charity organization. Sounds like a great way to spend a Saturday!
2.Basic Training Hayes Valley Launch Party |Saturday June 7th|12:00 pm-4:00 pm|432 Octavia St. San Francisco|Do you love to workout outdoors? Come attend the launch of The Basic Training fitness hub, an innovative outdoor workout space for public use in Hayes Valley. The free, pop-up fitness pod will transform a previously unused parking lot to a colorful, bright, multi-use space. The day kicks off with free Basic Training workout classes from 8 am until 12 noon at the top of every hour. Starting at noon, the party begins with free food, free drinks, music, and giveaways until 4 pm. So get sweaty with Basic Training’s day of fitness and fun!
3. Union Street Festival|Saturday, June 7th-June 8th|10:00 am-6:00 pm|Union Street to Gough to Steiner Street., San Francisco|Looking for a place to try new food, craft beer, and wine all while enjoying local art and community groups? Come visit the Union Street Festival this weekend. For the 2014 festival, the six blocks of the event will feature a unique collection of fashion, food, technology, crafts, and health and fitness booths. Grab a couple of friends and experience this long-standing San Francisco event.Free to attend but bring money for food and drinks!
4. Silent Frisco| Sunday, June 8th| 11:00 am| Ocean Beach San Francisco|Love to dance and listen to music? This San Francisco based event uses cutting edge technology to enable artistic expressions with headphones! Silent Frisco will provide more than 3,000 two channel festival optimized headphones for attendees. These headphones operate on two simultaneous long-range feeds providing the best audio. This enables attendees to enjoy the music while neighbors enjoy peace and quiet. Silent Frisco always tries to find places where concerts normally wouldn’t be and their mission is to get people under the stars, out in fields, or at this year’s venue, Ocean Beach! Silent Frisco is featuring 2 channels: Boys Vs. Girls. The two hour set will include: Kraak & Smaak• Ana Sia• Pumpkin• J*Labs• Motion Potion• LAURA Lisbona• DEEJAY THEORY• HOLLY RICH• DING DONG • KIMBA• Matt Haze. We can’t wait to see this event come to life!
5.California Dreaming- Poolside Party+ Fashion Show +Trunk Show |Sunday June 8th|12:00 pm-7:00 pm|The Hotel Phoenix 601 Eddy St. San Francisco|Come check out the best of the best in local San Francisco DJ’s and Designers while enjoying some poolside fun in the sun! The second annual party will feature eleven DJ’s and seventeen, with more to be announced, designers. This is a great chance to bring along some friends and support local talent! We love a good pool party and this one sounds like a ton of fun!
Tech Tuesday highlights the best and brightest ideas in the tech world. ABCey would like to recognize these up and coming companies for their innovative ideas and ability to think outside the box!
It seems that every time we make a promise to ourselves to get back in shape, it always ends the same way; a never ending list of excuses as to why it can’t happen. We’re too busy, our family is in town, our cat is dying, you name it. We’ve used them all.
We’ve discovered an app that makes going to the gym seem less like a chore and more like, let’s say, a job? GymPact is an app that holds you financially responsible for your physical activity (or lack thereof).
So how exactly does it work? First, you begin by deciding your “workout-per-week” goal. This simply means how many times per week you want to engage in serious physical activity. Secondly, users identify exactly how much money a missed workout means to them. Finally, all that’s left to do is hit the gym!
For every day of missed activity, your credit card gets charged the amount you specified. But, for every day you do go, you get a share of the money that was collected from those who couldn’t stick to their “GymPact.” Yes, you read that correctly. You make money simply by doing something you should already be doing in the first place. This app eliminates the ability to miss a workout due to lame excuses.