Startup Monday is ABCey’s weekly post that showcases some of the best and most innovative startups based in the San Francisco Bay Area! These are often companies that we have our eye on or have worked with in the past. Today, we’d like to highlight Nurx!
Nurx, sometimes referred to as the “Uber for birth control,” is a free app for your smartphone device. Essentially, this company is dedicated to eliminating the headache of going to the doctor’s office for birth control. It also means not having to sit uncomfortably in a waiting room, dodging eye contact and hoping you don’t have to make awkward small talk. Hooray!
You simply download the app and provide as much information as you can. You can also chat with a doctor if you have any questions about the contraception! Afterwards, a doctor will review it, and the prescription will be delivered to the customers house, free of charge! If you are uninsured, it’s not a problem! With the information you provide, the doctors can help you find a brand that will fit your personal preference and your budget.
Why we love it!
Nurx is a company founded by women for women! The app gives women the opportunity to access contraception, like the pill, the ring, or the morning-after pill, especially those who cannot readily access it. Also, it was created to be convenient for women who are always on the go; they help you without breaking the bank too!
As women, we have so much that interests us: health, beauty, current events, travel… the list goes on and on! If you’re looking for news and tips that directly appeal to you, look no further than ABCey’s favorite women’s lifestyle sites!
1. All Women Stalk | No matter what you’re into- health, celeb gossip, beauty- All Women Stalk has it! Visit the site or download the free app on your iPhone for daily articles about tips, tricks, and trends in the fields that interest you.
2. Brit.co | Think of this site as Martha Stewart for the modern gal! Technology, cooking, decorating, and style are mixed with a DIY flair to keep you creative and crafty!
3. The Beauty Bean | True beauty, health, and wellness tips and articles without a focus on dieting and getting thin. This site will make you feel truly beautiful inside and out without the negative attitudes!
4. Corporette | Are you an overachieving career chick? This is the perfect site for you (and all those who want to be)! If your lifestyle IS your career, you’ll love the job advice and fashion tips for being office fabulous.
5. She Knows | Every part of your life (parenting, home, health, love… the list never ends!) ends up on one all-inclusive site. Whatever She knows, you’ll be excited to know too!