Tag: Wild Quest
ABCey’s Weekend Lineup 2.20.14 – 2.23.2014
With the weekend quickly approaching, we did some digging to find out how to spend our time! As usual, there are tons of events going on in the Bay Area! Let’s take a look at our favorites.
FEATURED EVENT| The San Francisco Bay Guardian Goldies Party |The Goldies stand for Guardians Outstanding Local Discovery Awards and it represents the Bay’s annual celebration of local filmmakers, dancers, choreographers, musicians, theater and visual artists who have made their mark on the Bay Area’s diverse art scene. There will be a late night happy hour and fundraiser following a private ceremony for the winners. Come support local arts and raise money for CounterPULSE, a non-profit that offers rehearsal and rental spaces for artists!
1. Integrated Marketing Communications | Thursday, February 20th – Friday, February 21st |Courtyard San Francisco Downtown | The American Marketing Association brings the Bay Area a workshop that will provide you with the essential building blocks for effective integration of traditional and inbound marketing approaches. Through case studies, exercises, and best practices, you will learn how to create an integrated marketing communications strategy and deliver an engaging brand experience that contributes to revenue generation and brand value. You will leave the workshop with an understanding of the building blocks that fuel the consumer experience path!
2. 2014 Pacific Orchid Exposition |Fort Mason Center’s Festival Pavillion | Friday, February 21st – Sunday, February 23rd | The San Francisco Orchid Society invites everyone to paint the town with “Orchids and All that Jazz” at its 62nd annual Pacific Orchid Exposition. The society’s mission is to foster the culture and cultivation of orchids and to promote orchid education to its members and the public. Exhibits and displays will incorporate musical creative concepts while accompanying music is playing throughout the show. The show boasts over 150,000 beautiful orchids from across the globe.
3. That 80’s Show |Madrone Art Bar | Friday, February 21st | 9 pm | Come check out DJ Dave Paul as he breaks down the 80s and reconstructs the decade! Cabbage Patch Kids, Rubik’s Cube, leggings, and shoulder pads are just a few things that come to mind. Whether your reliving your decade or experiencing what you missed, you’re sure to have a good time!
4. Wild Quest Kick off Event | Sports Basement | Saturday, February 22nd | 10 am | The Wild Quest Institute invites you to join the Wild Quest to save the endangered species in the Bay Area! Get outside, have fun, and save the national treasures around us. Wild Quest is a yearly competition made up of 10 “quests”. To complete each quest, you must see and help save the endangered species of the month. You have the chance to win prizes and collect points towards the end of the year $1000 award. This kick off event is a great way to start your quest and learn more about the yearly competition!
5. Bach’s Hercules | St. Mark’s Lutheran Church | Sunday, February 23rd | 4pm | American Bach Soloists’s 25th Season Bach Celebration continues with the composer’s Missa Brevis in G Major, the Orchestral Suite No. 1 in C Major, and Herkules auf dem Scheidewege (“Hercules at the Crossroads”), a delightful cantata about the mythic Hercules. Jeffrey Thomas lead’s a virtuoso orchestra, the American Bach Choir, and four sensational vocal soloists in this program celebrating Bach’s mastery of sacred, secular, and orchestral genres. Wind down the weekend with a truly unique performance!
With lots of different events to choose from, which ones stood out to you?! Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook & Twitter!