Tag: Treasure Island Flea
ABCey’s Weekend LineUp: 07.25.14 – 07.27.14
This upcoming weekend is looking to be a warm one and we couldn’t be more excited! There is something for everyone – from sport fanatics to music lovers. Read on for our top picks for events around the Bay that are guaranteed to be a good time!
FEATURED EVENT: The San Francisco Marathon | Sunday, July 27th | 5:30am | Ferry Building, San Francisco | This Sunday, thousands of sneakers will take to the streets of our beautiful city in the 37th running of the The San Francisco Marathon (TSFM). This USA Track & Field certified race and Boston Marathon qualifier starts at the Ferry Building, runs along the Embarcadero, over the Golden Gate Bridge, through Golden Gate Park and Haight Ashbury before finishing in front of Cupid’s Arrow. The event includes a race for runners of all levels: 5K, half marathon, full marathon, double marathon. This is a perfect opportunity to support local runners while enjoying the Bay!
1. Treasure Island Rock the Summer | Saturday, July 26th & Sunday, July 27th | 10am – 4pm | Treasure Island, San Francisco | Celebrate the flavor of summer with the Treasure Island Flea this beautiful weekend! From food truck brunch, to DIY mimosa kits and ice cream on a stick, this event has it all! It’s also pet friendly, parking & children under the age of 12 are free. Otherwise, admission is only $3!
2. Rufus Wainwright & Quartlet San Francisco: Stern Grove Festival | Sunday, July 27th | 2pm | Sigmund Stern Grove (19th Avenue & Sloat Boulevard, San Francisco) | Grab a blanket & a cooler and come out to enjoy the sounds of acclaimed singer/songwriter Rufus Wainwright while he performs solo with piano, bringing together a rich blend of theatrical pop, cabaret, and classical styles. Opening the afternoon is the contemporary sound of instrumentalists Quartet San Francisco. Admission is free and it is a guaranteed fun time!
3. NBA Nation: Trampoline & Slam Dunk Showcase | Friday, July 25th & Saturday, July 26th | 12pm-8pm | Union Square Park, San Francisco | NBA Nation is 20,000 square feet of basketball action, including a full center court home to free interactive basketball activities, contests and clinics, and the opportunity to meet current NBA and WNBA player! This event offers fun activities for all ages and will provide mind blowing entertainment.
4. Sundays on Telegraph | Sunday, July 27th | 12pm-5pm | Telegraph Avenue, Berkley | Come enjoy food, art, live music, and family activities at this year’s Sundays on Telegraph! Music ranges from rock to blues, to folk, to hip-hop. Get ready for a circus-like atmosphere with a balloon clown, life-size chess, jugglers, and a stilt-walker. While browsing tie-dye and jewelry, listen to poetry, drumming, or the Cal Band, and relax with refreshments from local merchants at outside tables and umbrellas. A perfect day to make summer memories with friends & family!
5. Atletico Madrid at San Jose Earthquakes | Sunday, July 27th | 4pm| Candlestick Park, San Francisco | For those of you who didn’t get enough soccer from the World Cup, we have an exciting game this weekend right here in our backyard! On Sunday, the infamous Candlestick will be transformed for the Earthquake’s Copa Euroamericana match against UEFA Champions League finalist Atletico Madrid. Tickets are running from $25-$200. If you love the game of soccer, you can’t miss this event!
Will you be attending any of these awesome events?! Let us know if we missed any in the comments below or on Facebook & Twitter!
ABCey’s Weekend Lineup: 5.23.14-5.26.14
It’s Memorial Day Weekend and we can’t wait to celebrate this great weather by attending some fun events this weekend! As usual, there are tons of awesome things going on in the Bay Area. At ABCey, we did some digging around and created a list of our top picks!
FEATURED EVENT: Lightning in a Bottle| Thursday, May 22 – May 26 | San Antonio Recreation Area (Bradley, CA)| All Day | The Do Lab’s yearly campout festival has made its way up to Northern California, relocating from its previous home in Southern California. The event centers around electronic dance music, and incorporates elements of meditation, transformation, Chumash heritage and many yogis. The lineup includes Moby, Gold Panda, Phantogram, Gramatik, Little Dragon, and more. We wish we could make it down this weekend, but we’re very jealous of those that are! Have fun kids! $260 for a full weekend pass.
1. San Francisco PopFest | Thursday – Sunday, May 22 – 25 | Various SF Venues | All Day | SF PopFest is an opportunity to enjoy some Indie Pop music nearby this weekend. Thursday night kicks off at the Knockout on Mission, and has other events for different ages at clubs throughout the city. The lineup sounds great, featuring The Mantles, Wimp, Fine Steps and many more. There is definitely something for everyone at this fun festival! $45 for a weekend pass.
2. Giraffe Meteor Shower | Friday May 23 | Bay Area | 10pm-12am | Studies predict this will be the most intense meteor shower in a decade! The meteors will radiate from the constellation Camelopardalis, and from 200 year old comet dust that the earth is set to pass through. This beautiful spectacle should not be missed, so let’s hope that we have clear skies this Friday night!
3. Carnaval Festival San Francisco | Saturday-Sunday, May 24-25 | Harrison Street between 16th and 24th | This festival turns Harrison street into a celebration of food, music, dance and art. The theme of the 36th Annual Carnaval SF is La Rumba de la Copa Mundial – Celebration of the World Cup – and international performances, an art car show and lots of soccer. On Sunday, there is a parade that starts on the corner of 24th and Bryant street. The event is free but donations are accepted!
4. 3rd Birthday Bash for The Treasure Island Flea Market| Saturday-Sunday, May 24-25 | The Great Lawn of Treasure Island | Funcheap SF is throwing a big birthday party for the SF monthly flea market. Each month the Treasure Island Flea Market featured hundreds of local vendors, outdoor exhibits, and food trucks. The bash is kicking it up a notch this weekend with live bands, clowns, stilt walkers, fortune tellers, face painters, artists and much more. Bring the family and pets out this Memorial Day weekend! $3 admission.
5. San Francisco International Beer Festival | Saturday, May 24 | Fort Mason Center | 7pm-10pm | This year marks the 31st year of drinking beer for a good cause so head out and sample while contributing to the proud parents of Telegraph Hill Cooperative Nursery School. More than 100 brewers come out for great beer and an even better time. $75 general admission.
6. Stompy + Sunset – Last Call | Sunday, May 25 | Cafe Cocomo |2pm-2am | Ending their 12 year run at the beloved Cafe Cocomo, Stompy + Sunset will host a special live event featuring regulars like Solar, J-Bird, Galen and bringing in special guest star Metro Area. Come out and kick off Summer in the sunshine to see the boys off. $20 cover.
7. 2014 Forbidden Island Luau | Sunday, May 25 | Forbidden Island Lounge, Alameda |2pm-10pm | It’s time for the annual tropical bash in the Bay Area at Alameda’s only Tiki Lounge. Enjoy award winning exotic cocktails, and decadent libations at this tropical paradise, while watching Hawai’ian cultural performances, fire dancing, and music. $5 cover.
8. Food Wagon Fandango Music Festival |Sunday, May 25 | SOMA StEat Food Park Picnic | 2pm-10pm | Gear up for this local folk, blues and country music festival featuring Cello, Doug Blumer, Parlor Tricks and other talented bands. Food trucks are always a welcomed addition, especially if they serve barbecue so check out 12 of the Bay Area’s top food trucks, and chase it down with beer and sangria specials all day! $5 admission.
9. Burmese New Year Water Festival |Sunday, May 25 | Kennedy Park |10 am – 3 pm | Join the Bay Area Burmese community for a unique, colorful and fun celebration of Thingyan. The event will feature traditional dance performance, Burmese food, Burmese fashion and an area to play with water! We are lucky to have the chance to learn and celebrate another culture! Free.
10. Memorial Day Beer Lunch Cruise | Monday, May 26 | Hornblower’s Landing |12pm – 2pm | Enjoy a two hour BBQ lunch with champagne and beer this three day weekend, while taking in the sites from a cruise around the bay. A relaxing boat ride around the bay sounds like the perfect way to spend our day off! $73 per person.
There’s so much great stuff to do this weekend, how will you choose!? Leave us a comment below or drop us a line on Facebook & Twitter. Tell us all about the amazing events you made it to this weekend!
ABCey’s Weekend Lineup: 9.27.2013 – 9.29.2013
With the weekend rapidly approaching, it’s time to start making plans! ABCey is proud to bring you the Weekend Lineup, a list of the free events we are most excited about this weekend.
1. Now And Zen Music Festival | Sunday, September 29 | Sharon Meadow, Golden Gate Park| Noon-5| For 15 years, Alice has been putting on a free, end of summer concert and gourmet food festival in Golden Gate Park. And we’re so excited that it’s finally back! This years headliners include the Go0 Go0 Dolls and One Republic, with other musical guests stars the Plain White T’s, Larking Poe, and Walk the Earth. The gates open at 11, and the music begins at noon. Make sure to get there early to ensure good seats!
2. Smithsonian Free Museum Day | Saturday, September 28 | All Day | Various Locations | On Saturday, 17 Smithsonian sponsored museums throughout the bay area will open their doors and offer admission for free! San Francisco locations include the de Young museum, the Legion of Honor, the Museum on Vision, the Chinese Historical Society of America, California Historical Society, and Cartoon Art Museum of California. The event is free, but make to sure to reserve your ticket in advance here.
3. Treasure Island Flea| Saturday, September 28 – Sunday, September 29 | All Day | Great Lawn, Treasure Island | “One man’s trash is another man’s treasure.” This weekend, the theme of the flea market is kites! Bring a kite to fly, or make one at the market. And of course shop for eclectic, one of a kind items from dozens of different vendors.
4. Mobile Park Day | Saturday, September 28 | India Basin Shoreline Park | 11 a.m – 2 p.m | This one’s for the kids! Mobile Rec is San Francisco Parks and Recreations new program that encourages kids to “Get out and Play” both now, and for the rest of their lives. On Saturdays throughout the school year, equipment for such activities as rock climbing, skateboarding/BMX, disc golf, and sea kayaking are transported to different parks throughout the city. Kids can come and play, for free, and all equipment is provided. But of course participants are welcome to bring their own. (Please note that helmets are required during skateboarding and BMX activities.)
5. Glen Park Fall Carnival | Saturday, September 28 | 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. | Glen Park School | Another one for the kids. Come to the Glen Park school carnival in celebration of the start of fall. There will be live music, tacos, baked goods, carnival games, a bounce house, and much more. All proceeds will benefit Glen Park school.
What will you be doing this weekend? Let us know in the comments, or on Facebook and Twitter!
ABCey’s Weekend Lineup: 5.23.13-5.27.13
The wait for summer barbeques and wearing white is almost over. Spend your extra long weekend dancing in the streets, enjoying free drinks and browsing art, or learning more about technology in our innovative city! BART is planning to circulate even more trains this weekend, so you’ll have no excuse to miss out on ABCey’s favorite events!
1. Carnaval | May 25th-26th |10 a.m.-6 p.m | Harrison Street, San Francisco |Attending the 35th annual Carnaval is like stepping into Brazil in the Mission. The abundance of music, dancing, pageantry, and incredible exotic food makes this parade the largest multi-cultural celebration on the west coast. This year’s theme is Carnaval Harlem Shake, so make sure to get out there and shake along with the performers! The best part: you get to experience a little bit of Latin America for free!
2. Treasure Island Flea |May 25th-26th | 10 a.m.- 4 p.m | Avenue of the Palms, Treasure Island |If you live in the bay area, you love your markets and your thrift shops. The Treasure Island Flea took those, put them outside with gorgeous views of the bay, and invited local bands and artists to join in the fun. After you’ve snagged some great antiques and a piano key necktie, grab some food at one (or more) of the food trucks and relax in the wine garden. We’ll see you in the wine garden!
3. Patriotic Music Concert |May 26th | 1 p.m. |Golden Gate Park |As part of Golden Gate Park’s “Free Sunday Concert in the Park” program, the Golden Gate Park Band will be playing selections of patriotic music all afternoon long. This event is sure to please everyone from kids to a big group of friends. Our advice is to pack a summery picnic and camp out on the grass while enjoying some great live music. There’s no better way to show your patriotism!
4. Under the Radar Conference | Thursday, May 23rd | 8 a.m.- 5:30 p.m | SalesForce, 1 Market Street #300, San Francisco |The Under the Radar Conference is truly a place for people interested in the rich tech industry the bay area has to offer. This year’s theme is “Consumerization of IT= Opportunity” and is designed to track and educate conference-goers on early stage innovation involving consumers and information technology. Thursday is a full day of lectures with interesting and engaging topics such as “Why Coit Matters” and “Mobile Enterprise.” We think the tech industry is an important part of our city and would love to learn more about it!
5. Kick Back at Art Attack | May 26th | 2 p.m.-6p.m. | 2722 Hyde St., San Francisco |All of the fun and culture usually delivered by Art Attack, a street party featuring local artists, gets a patriotic boost from Memorial Day! To thank veterans as well as patrons and artists of this event for their support, the Art Attack team is throwing a kick-back to celebrate. On their sunny back patio, DJ TED will get the party going while you enjoy the great selection of art all around you. You can bring your own food and (drum roll please) there’s an open bar! Art Attack promises, quote, hella music, hella games, and hella art!
Which events will you be attending this weekend? Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook and Twitter!