It’s almost Friday! ABCey brings you this week’s Weekend Lineup with the top events in the Bay Area for the upcoming weekend! There is everything from kite festivals and yoga fests to picnics and music in the park!
Weekend Lineup: Berkeley Kite Festival
July 29th-30th | 10am-6pm | Free Admission, Parking $15| Berkeley Marina, University Ave and Marina Blvd
Who said kites were only for kids?! Come fly your kite at the 32nd Annual Berkeley Kite Festival and West Coast Kite Championships. The event will also include music, food and hands-on activities for everyone to enjoy!
Saturday, July 29th | 10am-5pm | Free Admission | Sports Basement Berkeley, 2727 Milvia St, Berkeley, CA
The Yoga Fest in Berkeley is finally here! Join this event with your fellow yogis as there are 5 different classes to choose from. If you come join the relaxation and fun, you will have the opportunity to get 20% off at the Sports Basement store!
Music in the Park
Saturday, July 29th | 12pm-8pm| Free Admission | Mission Dolores Park, San Francisco, CA
Come party at Dolores Park while listening to live music from local musicians! Sit back, relax and have fun with your friends and family under the sun in the beautiful park of San Francisco!
Sunday, July 30th | 11am-4pm | Free Admission| Main Post Lawn, 103 Montgomery St, San Francisco, CA
Who doesn’t love food trucks?! Off The Grid at The Presidio is back for families to enjoy good food and fun activities! Even though there will be tasty food, there will also be free activities such as yoga classes, games and a photo booth!
July is already upon us and it’s almost the weekend! We hope you are just as excited as we are for Independence Day on Monday, and ABCey has you covered with all of your 4th of July events coming soon! Until then, make the most of your weekend and check out these fun Bay Area events!
Fri. July 1st – Mon. July 4th, 2016| 11am-11pm |prices vary| 4501 Pleasanton Ave. Pleasanton, CA
If you haven’t gone to the fair yet, GO! This fair is a must-see attraction for everyone! For kids, there is a children’s park, adventure park, petting zoo, ferris wheel, and carnival. Adults can be entertained with horse races, a beer garden, a wine bar, shopping areas, and live concerts. There are only 4 more days til’ the fair is over, so come check it out before it’s too late!
Sat July 2nd & Sun July 3rd, 2016 | 10am-6pm | FREE | Fillmore St.–Jackson to Eddy St, San Francisco
Enjoy two days of music, food, art, and fun at the Fillmore Jazz Festival! This festival takes over more than 12 blocks and has every kind of food and craft imaginable. With 32 years under its belt, this festival has become incredibly popular and the largest free jazz festival on the West Coast. Join the other 100,000 people who attend this event and jazz up your weekend!
Sat. July 2nd, 2016 | 10am-12pm | FREE | Stow Lake, Golden Gate Park, San Francisco
Experience nature this weekend and take a guided tour through Golden Gate Park. This guided tour is free and a perfect way to collect your thoughts while getting fit! With your own personal tour guide, you can learn all about the park, plants, and wildlife. So get out and enjoy the great outdoors with a nice stroll!
Sat. July 2nd, 2016 | 7:30pm | FREE, RSVP for Early Entry Tickets | AT&T Park; 24 Willie Mays Plaza, San Francisco
Mix things up this weekend by seeing a play…a free play! This Saturday, the San Francisco Opera is hosting a live simulcast and projecting their current play, Carmen, on AT&T Park’s huge video screen. You will definitely be entertained by Carmen, a femme fatale play with jealousy, danger, love and murder. Head out to the ball park to watch this captivating play and a special pre-show and intermission with the other 30,000 attendees!
Sun. July 3rd, 2016 | 11am-4pm | FREE | 103 Montgomery Street, Main Post, Presidio, San Francisco
This year, Off the Grid has revamped their picnic and food truck event held in Presidio Park. They now have over the 30 food and beverage trucks, free yoga classes, games, and music! You can also get clothes and accessories at their mobile shop, produce from their market, and help planning your next activity in San Francisco. There are also FREE shuttles, PresidiGo, that travel to Embarcadero BART, certain SF streets, MUNI, and around the park. Don’t miss the chance to relax on the grass field and enjoy great food and company!
Extra Event: Marin County Fair Fireworks and S’more Feast
Fri. July 1st, 2016 | 8:30pm – 10:00pm | FREE | McInnis Park: 310 Smith Ranch Road, San Rafael, CA
Because this weekend is so jam packed, we have one more event that will get you in the mood for July 4th! Friday at McInnis Park, park rangers will have yummy s’mores to eat right before you walk to the top of the Nike Site to watch the 9:30pm Marin County Fair fireworks show. Fireworks are always fun especially with s’mores and tomorrow you can get both for free!
This Weekend Lineup turned out to feature rather boozy activities, but we all need a few opportunities to wind down after a long work week! If you’ve been put in charge to find something to do this weekend, be sure to take a peek at our lineup. Whether it’s a high-energy night of dancing and music or a relaxing picnic in the park, you’ll find something to pique everyone’s interest and successfully enjoy the weekend!
1. Distrikt Presents: Revel – A Three Ring Circus Of Sound | April 27 | Erie & Mission | A carousel of beats, a 3-ring circus of sound, a day of whoopla, an evening of debauchery…and all that’s in between. If you’re looking for a wild night and a great time, this is it. Day time beats, bar, & DISTRIKT twisted carnival fun on Erie Street from 1-9pm! Two more areas of sound & insanity inside Public Works from 1pm-4am.
2. 120 Years of SF Fashion History Night | April 25 | The Old Mint | Join FlipSide & The San Francisco Museum and Historical Society for Party in Style at the Old Mint: 120 Years of SF Fashion History, a night of cocktails, music, and dancing.
3. Wine & Intrigue: Masquerade Soirée | April 26 |The City Club of San Francisco| Wine tasting? Been there, done that. But this one is different. This one is a masquerade party that features live performances, cigar etiquette and a fashion show!
4. SF International Beer Festival | April 27 | Fort Mason Center | Beer and food enthusiasts can enjoy a bottomless mug of hundreds of craft beers from their favorite local and international breweries as well as delicious eats from sensational San Francisco restaurants.
5. Off The Grid: Picnic At The Presidio | April 28 | The Presidio | Debuting this season, Picnic at the Presidio will feature a produce market with some of the Bay Area’s best farms and specialty purveyors. Knock out your weekly grocery shopping for fresh, organic produce with our selection of the local, seasonal produce.
*BONUS EVENT* Don’t forget to attend the How Weird Street Faire as well! A world-class music festival that takes place in the streets of downtown San Francisco, featuring a wide range of electronic dance music. There will be 10 stages of amazing music, art, and sound systems!