This weekend is all about loving our beautiful city! Compete to be the cable car champion, beautify the beach, or, in true San Francisco style, get to coding! Whatever you choose, ABCey wishes you a great time this weekend!
1. 50th Cable Car Bell Ringing Contest | Thursday, July 11th | 12:00 p.m. | Union Square| Celebrate one of our city’s most iconic figures, the cable car, with a bell ringing contest! Amateurs are welcome to try first, followed by the big guns (grip men and conductors!) If you work in Union Square, we are so sorry.
2. Salsa Festival on the Fillmore | Friday, July 12th- Saturday, July 13th | 7:30 p.m.- 1:30 p.m. | Fillmore Central Plaza | Get ready to get your groove on! This two-day celebration of salsa dancing features music clubs, retail shops, restaurants, and over 7,000 participants! Grab your dancing shoes, take a lesson or two, and dance the night away on the outdoor dance floor.
3. Tech Carnival | Wednesday, July 17th | 6:00 p.m.- 10:30 p.m. | Candlestick Park | Who wants to ride the Ferris Wheel? Here’s your chance to be a kid again while supporting a fundraiser for the Special Olympics. Go ahead, let loose and get that funnel cake!
4. Ocean Beach Volunteering Party | Saturday, July 13th | 9:00 a.m.- 12:00 p.m. | Ocean Beach | Ben and Jerry’s, as well as other delicious companies, are sponsoring an Ocean Beach clean-up! Come out on Friday to Pier 17 for an ice cream festival and return on Saturday to help your community. What’s better than sweet, sweet service?
5. HackaBLITZ WebRTC Hackathon | Saturday, July 13th | 9:00 a.m.- 2:00 p.m. | Globant San Francisco Offices | Coding and keynote speakers, oh my! Representatives from Disney, Wells Fargo, and more will kick off the day of wedRTC coding and brainstorming. WebRTC is a free, open project that allows users to richly code without plugins, downloads, or installs. Let’s get coding!
Spotlight Event: Lightning in a Bottle | Thursday, July 11th- Monday, July 15th | Lake Skinner, Temecula, CA |
This annual music festival at Lake Skinner is so much more than a music festival. LIB’s activities and performances reflect its mission to support art, sustainability, and music. Lightning in a Bottle is the perfect summer road-trip destination and overall good time!