Tag: street fair
ABCey’s list of SF Events: 8/5/16-8/7/16
By Kristi Fujimoto, Jessica Li-Jo, and Jennifer Fong
Summer is flying by and it’s already August! Make sure you start this month off right by enjoying the weekend! There is a lot going on this weekend. So ABCey Events has your Weekend Lineup with the top 5 SF Events and Bay Area Events going on this Friday through Sunday!
Top 5 SF Events
1. Outside Lands 2016
Fri to Sat, 8/5/16-8/7/16 | All day | Prices vary check here | Golden Gate Park
Spend your weekend at this year’s Outside Lands! Don’t miss out on all the exciting live events, fun festivals, delicious food, and many other amazing activities! Enjoy the view of the Bay Area and of course, the iconic Golden Gate Park, while dancing it out with your friends at the grand festival. Filled with 3 days worth of fun activities and special guests, Outside Lands is ready to make your weekend unforgettable! So come out this weekend and check out one of the top SF Events! Don’t forget to check out our Outside Lands 2016 Survival Guide here!
2. SF Lunch Cruise
Fri, 8/5/16 | Boards 11:30am, Cruises 12pm-2pm | $63 – $84, buy here | Pier 3, On the Embarcadero at Washington St.
Get a perfect view of the San Francisco Bay and enjoy an amazing lunch buffet on the Hornblower’s SF Lunch Cruise! From the cruise line, you can will sail under the Golden Gate and Bay bridge, see the SF skyline and view Alcatraz Island up close. Take in the sights and bay breeze with lots of beverages, including alcoholic ones, to purchase while on board. Moreover, use Uber for the first time with the code HORNBLOWER and get up to $15 off. So take in these breathtaking sights, chow down on amazing food this Friday, and sign up here!
3. Bohemian Carnival
Sat 8/6/16 | 8pm – 12am | Prices vary, check here | 2153 Ferry Point, Alameda, CA 94501
Want something interesting to do this Saturday? Head to Alameda’s Bohemian Carnival this Saturday! This unique carnival has much more than your normal circus acts. It also has an epic dance party, live and large variety of music, cabaret revue, and everything in between. View the wonders of this event and performances that range from hip hop, thespians, cabaret combined with rave dancers, Planet Booty electronic musicians, animated villain characters and more! Anything you want to see, you’ll find at this carnival! These theatrics and performances are a one of a kind titillating experience. Go party it up with a huge dance party! Order your tickets now, and you can win a pair of tickets here and here. So don’t miss out on this amazing SF Event!
4. Fremont Festival of the Arts & Rio Olympics on a Giant Screen
Sat to Sun, 8/6/16-8/7/16 | All day | FREE | Downtown Fremont
Come to the “largest free street festival west of the Mississippi”. With nearly 400,000 people who attend annually, you can definitely expect that the Fremont festival will be bustling. With its’ artsy vibe, you’ll want to explore the arts & craft booths! Fremont Festival brings to you artisanal prepackaged food, food trucks, food vendors, tons of wine, beer and margaritas as well as continuous music and street performers. We also can’t leave out the kids on the fun! There’s an entire section of rides and shows for them as well. Since the 2016 Olympics are on, you don’t have to a miss a minute. They’ll be playing the olympics on a 15 foot HD screen. So, grab some food from the festival as well as enjoy the 2016 Rio Olympics!
5. 43rd Annual Nihonmachi Street Fair
Sat to Sun, 8/6/16-8/7/16 | All day | FREE | Japantown Peace Plaza
Join the melting pot by attending this weekend’s Nihonmachi Festival! The Nihonmachi festival embraces the Asian-Pacific American life and celebrates its roots. Everyone is welcome to help indulge in the food fest, check out the car show, participate in doggie world(Sunday only), explore the various types of artisans, and watch live shows and performances! This is a great way to explore other cultures as learn a new thing or two.
Are you planning on going to these SF Events or Bay Area Events? If so, feel free to comment below or on comment on Facebook and Twitter!
ABCey’s Weekend LineUp: 07.25.14 – 07.27.14
This upcoming weekend is looking to be a warm one and we couldn’t be more excited! There is something for everyone – from sport fanatics to music lovers. Read on for our top picks for events around the Bay that are guaranteed to be a good time!
FEATURED EVENT: The San Francisco Marathon | Sunday, July 27th | 5:30am | Ferry Building, San Francisco | This Sunday, thousands of sneakers will take to the streets of our beautiful city in the 37th running of the The San Francisco Marathon (TSFM). This USA Track & Field certified race and Boston Marathon qualifier starts at the Ferry Building, runs along the Embarcadero, over the Golden Gate Bridge, through Golden Gate Park and Haight Ashbury before finishing in front of Cupid’s Arrow. The event includes a race for runners of all levels: 5K, half marathon, full marathon, double marathon. This is a perfect opportunity to support local runners while enjoying the Bay!
1. Treasure Island Rock the Summer | Saturday, July 26th & Sunday, July 27th | 10am – 4pm | Treasure Island, San Francisco | Celebrate the flavor of summer with the Treasure Island Flea this beautiful weekend! From food truck brunch, to DIY mimosa kits and ice cream on a stick, this event has it all! It’s also pet friendly, parking & children under the age of 12 are free. Otherwise, admission is only $3!
2. Rufus Wainwright & Quartlet San Francisco: Stern Grove Festival | Sunday, July 27th | 2pm | Sigmund Stern Grove (19th Avenue & Sloat Boulevard, San Francisco) | Grab a blanket & a cooler and come out to enjoy the sounds of acclaimed singer/songwriter Rufus Wainwright while he performs solo with piano, bringing together a rich blend of theatrical pop, cabaret, and classical styles. Opening the afternoon is the contemporary sound of instrumentalists Quartet San Francisco. Admission is free and it is a guaranteed fun time!
3. NBA Nation: Trampoline & Slam Dunk Showcase | Friday, July 25th & Saturday, July 26th | 12pm-8pm | Union Square Park, San Francisco | NBA Nation is 20,000 square feet of basketball action, including a full center court home to free interactive basketball activities, contests and clinics, and the opportunity to meet current NBA and WNBA player! This event offers fun activities for all ages and will provide mind blowing entertainment.
4. Sundays on Telegraph | Sunday, July 27th | 12pm-5pm | Telegraph Avenue, Berkley | Come enjoy food, art, live music, and family activities at this year’s Sundays on Telegraph! Music ranges from rock to blues, to folk, to hip-hop. Get ready for a circus-like atmosphere with a balloon clown, life-size chess, jugglers, and a stilt-walker. While browsing tie-dye and jewelry, listen to poetry, drumming, or the Cal Band, and relax with refreshments from local merchants at outside tables and umbrellas. A perfect day to make summer memories with friends & family!
5. Atletico Madrid at San Jose Earthquakes | Sunday, July 27th | 4pm| Candlestick Park, San Francisco | For those of you who didn’t get enough soccer from the World Cup, we have an exciting game this weekend right here in our backyard! On Sunday, the infamous Candlestick will be transformed for the Earthquake’s Copa Euroamericana match against UEFA Champions League finalist Atletico Madrid. Tickets are running from $25-$200. If you love the game of soccer, you can’t miss this event!
Will you be attending any of these awesome events?! Let us know if we missed any in the comments below or on Facebook & Twitter!