Here at ABCey, we are always excited when the weekend comes around, and we’re sure you are too! There are some great events taking place all throughout the Bay Area, including music festivals and lots of food. No matter what you choose to do, it’s sure to be a great time!
Featured Event: BottleRock Festival | Friday, May 30 – Sunday, June 1 | Napa Valley | This is the second year of this feature music festival in Napa Valley including 60 bands with tons of wine, food, and beer. The lineup is sure to please any type of music taste with favorites including Outkast, Eric Church, Matt and Kim, and more! Even if the music isn’t enough for you, the signature local food will definitely draw your taste buds in. The food offerings range from sushi to barbecue, and everything in between. Single and 3-day passes are still available for $279.
1. Off the Grid Twilight at the Presidio | Thursday, May 29th | 5-9pm | Main Post Lawn Presidio | Here is a great example of why we love the Bay Area! Off the Grid is a reoccurring event every Thursday until June 26th and is the perfect excuse to leave work a little early this week. This event is free to the public and includes lantern-lit cabanas, campfires complete with relaxing Adirondack chairs, and plenty of food trucks. Come out and relax with family and friends while listening to the free music and taking in a leisurely summer evening.
2. Start Up and Tech Mixer | Friday, May 30th | 5 – 10pm | W Hotel, SF | This event is a great chance to network with other individuals in the tech industry and create a shared network of ideas. We’re very excited about the Start Up and Tech Mixer which will include a variety of speakers and areas for networking with other tech professionals. It’s sure to be a great time with a wide range of participants, food and drinks, and professional development. The event keeps the best of what tech conferences offer to bring a unique tech event to the industry.
3. Chocolate and Chalk Art Festival | Saturday, May 31st | 10am – 5pm |Gourmet Ghetto, Berkeley | This event is a chocolate lover’s dream with the acclaimed Gourmet Ghetto supporting local business and art at the same time! Buy tickets for the variety of dessert offerings and then sample unique chocolate, which will include: goat cheese truffles, a variety brownies, Oreo shakes, Caribbean chocolate soup, and more. The chalk art portion will include a contest between contestants on the sidewalks and will add a fun interactive flare for the event attendees. We’re jealous of all those that will make it out to Berkeley to sample these tasty chocolate dishes!
4. Live 105’s BFD | Sunday, June 1st | 11 am | Shoreline Amphitheatre | We are excited about this Sunday’s concert at Shoreline Amphitheatre for Live 105’s 20th annual BFD concert! The lineup is unique with bands ranging from Foster the People and M.I.A. to Fitz and the Tantrums. This is sure to be a fun-filled day with live music and dancing to pass your Sunday. Tickets are still available and range from $47 for grass seating to $285 center stage. Check out the lineup this Sunday!
5. Walking Distance Dance Festival | Friday, May 30 – Saturday, May 31 | Friday @ 7:30pm & Saturday @ 4pm | Locations Vary | Here is a unique chance to see dance performances outside the theatre! This weekend marks the start of the Walking Distance Dance Tour that will lead its participants throughout the Mission district watching a variety of top dance companies perform. It will be a distinct chance to view a variety of dance styles and blends of music. We’re sure this will be a great way to gain a different perspective of the city with it’s blend of dance, music, and architecture.
Don’t let the rain stand in the way of getting out this weekend! There are tons of awesome events going on, and we can’t wait to share our favorite picks! Our Weekend Lineup features a great mix of activities including tech mixers, a Film Festival, a Valentine’s themed 5k dash, and more.
FEATURED EVENT | Startup & Tech Mixer| 181 Third Street |Friday, February 7th| 5pm | San Francisco is a city filled with startups and tech companies! The Startup & Tech organization creates opportunities for learning, inspiration, and creation. The platform fosters an environment where participants can have interactions with the best and brightest of today’s innovators. This fun experience will include music, interactive exhibits, art displays, a speaker series with 4 dynamic panels and more! Get your tickets for this can’t miss event.
1. CrowdFunding Movement Extravaganza| 111 Minna|Thursday, February 6th |6-10 pm| The CrowdFunding Movement is throwing a party to celebrate Valentine’s Day. Come enjoy delicious sweets and drink specials at the city’s premier entrepreneurship event made possible by Crowdfunders for Crowdfunders. Product designers and developers will participate in a Keynote Speaker Series to showcase how they are using crowdfunding and technologies to startup. Entry is free, so get your tickets now!
2. SF Independent Film Fest | Roxie and Brava Theaters |Ongoing from February 6th|One of the cities biggest film festivals, also known as SF Indie, celebrates its “Sweet 16th” and kicks off this weekend! This annual festival showcases the best in independent, alternative, and subversive cinema from all around the globe. Screenings will be held at the Roxie and Brava Theaters in SF and at the New Parkway in Oakland. Don’t forget to attend the awesome parties such as the annual Disco costume party and The Big Lebowski party! Check out the full lineup and ticket information.
3. Food from The Heart| Ferry Plaza |Friday, February 7th |5-7:30 pm|Come out to stroll the candlelit Grand Nave where the Marketplace merchants and restaurateurs will be offering seasonal hors d’oeuvres ($2-4 each) and Slow Food will pour wine from different wine bars($6-8 per glass). The proceeds of these purchases benefit Slow Food San Francisco. Additionally, you can take advantage of the marketplace shops open until 8pm for Valentine shopping!
4. Salted featuring DJ Spinna|Mighty|Saturday, February 8th |6-10 pm|Best known around these parts for his Wonderfull Stevie Wonder tribute nights and Michael Jackson vs. Prince “soul slam” events, DJ Spinna makes his way back to the Bay from Brooklyn. He will debut at the soulful house haven Salted. As both a producer and DJ, Spinna has deep roots in house, soul, funk, and hip-hop. We can definitely expect to hear an eclectic mix from him!
5. San Francisco Valentine’s Day Dash 5K|Music Concourse, Golden Gate Park|Sunday, February 9th |9am|Come out for this Valentine’s day themed run/walk where people can participate individually or as a two-person team! There will be a costume contest, participant shirts, Tunnel of Love sign making area, free food and drink, and a finish-line festival beer garden! There is also a free kids dash for children 10 & under.