Welcome to the digital age! Yes, robots taking over can be scary, but technology can also be used for good. With so many gizmos and tools on the market, we want to keep you in with some of the top must-haves for event tech. ABCey Events has compiled a list of 7 great tech gadgets and apps for all event professionals to help make your job just a little bit easier!
7 Tech Gadgets and Apps for Events
1. Measuring Tools: Camera measuring app
Whether you want to know the measurements at a site visit, or see if the venue will fit a certain event prop, knowing exactly how much room you have is important. Instead of struggling with a regular measuring tape, turn your iPhone into a measuring tool with the EasyMeasure app! This app uses your camera to measure your distance from an object and dimensions of an image. Simply point your camera, click, and get very accurate measurements!
It sucks when guests can’t make it your event, but they can still be part of the event action with livestream broadcasting! Event tech gadgets, like Livestream’s Broadcaster Pro, allow you to broadcast your event live in HD! You can easily attach this to any HDMI camera or your smartphone’s Livestream app. Then, click play and you’ll be recording live! Help guests who couldn’t make it, get your event noticed, and let people see how tech savvy you are!
3. Lightwave: Biometric sensor-equipped wristbands
Did you ever want to know how your guests are feeling? Now you can with Lightwave wristbands! These sensor wristbands pick up on a person’s body temperature, movement, and other biometric data. You can then use this data to adjust your event in real time. Change everything from the lighting brightness to music tempo and mic volume to create the perfect balance!
If you’re an event professional on the go, it’s hard to keep track of documents, floor plans, proposals, and more! And, now that we live in the digital age, having hard copies of papers is almost pointless. To help fix this problem, try a digital portable scanner! With this magic wand, you can take physical copies of important docs and scan them to make digital copies. This way you won’t ever lose a contract, bank statement, or receipt ever again!
It’s great to hear from your audience, but walking around to each person in a crowd with a microphone can be a hassle. Crowd Mic’s app lets any event guest’s smartphone become a microphone. Tap to request to speak, and the presenter can accept it, mute you, and let everyone speak with the open mic mode. Also, this app lets you have live polls and text, so you can directly connect with your attendees. Don’t make your staff run around and engage your guests with this fun event tech!
Make your virtual meetings a breeze with Google Chrome Devices! Google has devices and packages that can include everything from speakers, a remote control, a mechanical pan and tilt HD camera, tech support, and the physical Chromebox system/core processor. In addition, the box is equipped with Google app software which makes it easy to share docs, spreadsheets, Google invitations and more! Next time you have a virtual conference call, use this event gadget to help your video conference run smoothly!
As an event prof, you have to be prepared for the worst, like your projector breaking down! Instead of having a massive projector, get a small portable projector. These are great for both meeting presentations and displaying videos or images at your parties! For a great all purpose projector, check out the Epson PowerLite Multimedia Projector. Not only does it project high quality data, videos, and photos, but it also connects directly and wirelessly to phones, computers, tablets, and USB memory drives. Give attendees a great presentation with a remote or a mouse control, and easily carry this 3.7 pound projector in your bag!
Whether you’re shopping for your dad, brother, boyfriend, fiance, husband, partner, or just a friend, these techy gifts are sure to make any guy happy! ABCey has gathered 10 of our favorite tech gifts for guys ranging from speakers to chargers. We even want some of these!
1. Beats by Dre designed by Alexander Wang | This very limited edition takes three of these devices and coats them in matte black with pale gold accents, making them truly stand out. They include the Beats Pill portable speakers, Ur Beats ear buds, and Beats Studio headphones, and each comes in an Alexander Wang embossed glossy stingray case with a zipper and clip. Each one is available in limited amounts in a pre-sale event, but won’t be for long.
2. Glif | This simple device can mount to any standard tripod, letting you get the most out of that little camera you bring everywhere. Better still, it adjusts to fit any phone thanks to the included hex key, so it can prop up your phone at various angles to maximize your viewing pleasure. Being made from recyclable rubberized plastic is just an added bonus.
3. Limited Edition Sondek LP12 Turntable | To mark their 40th anniversary, Linn teamed up with Highland Park, makers of fine single malt scotch whiskey for this exclusive, and amazing product. Linn took their highest performance turntables and encased them in a remarkable whisky wood plinth, made from the actual solid oak casks that matured Highland Park whisky. If that sounds exclusive, it is, and there are only 40 of these that were made.
4. Blue Microphones Nessie USB Mic | For the guy that films everything, help him capture the moment with Nessie. Nessie takes the fear out of great recording by instantly delivering studio-enhanced sound for desktop recording of vocals, instruments, voiceovers and more.
5. Gramophone for iPhone & iPad | Simply set your device in the handcrafted, solid wood base, and the built-in iron and brass horn will amplify its volume by three to four times, all while looking amazing. A terrific blend of old and new.
6. Ultimare Ears BOOM Wireless Bluetooth Speaker | Unlike other speakers, this one projects sound 360 degrees, filling any space with immersive audio. At a weight of just above one pound, and just over a half-foot long, these speakers are also made to go anywhere, easily slipping into most bags. It’s coated in an acoustic skin that makes it resistant to water and stains.
7. Firestone Fireye Mini Headphone Amp | By sitting in between your device’s headphone jack and the headphones themselves, providing a healthy signal boost without adding much in the way of noise. Just charge it up via USB and you’ll be ready to rock out for up to 24 hours before your next charge.
8. Fluxmob Bolt | This handy device is one part wall charger for any USB-enabled device, and one part battery, so you don’t necessarily have to worry about being connected to the power grid to get some juice. Simply plug it in when you have access to power, and let your phone or tablet charge
9. Structure Sensor | This little device comes with a bracket made to fit on the back of your iPad, right on top of the built-in camera. Using the sensor and your iPad, you can measure the three-dimensional space in any room, automatically capture three-dimensional models of everyday objects, and even simulate physics on top of the real world.
10. Luxi | Luxi is a small diffusion dome that fits securely over your iPhone’s front-facing camera. When attached and used with a light meter app, Luxi will help you determine the best settings for your DSLR or other camera so that you can take perfectly exposed pictures.
The Web Summit event this October 30th and 31st in Dublin, Ireland is going to amazing this year! We wish we were going!
This years Web Summit will have more than 350 speakers, from the world’s leading founders, investors and CEOs to inventors, designers and thinkers. Some speakers and attendees include Tony Hawk, the founder of the Tony Hawk Foundation, Joe Lonsdale, co-founder of Palantir, Drew Houston, Co-Founder & CEO of Dropbox, Padmasree Warrior, CTO & CSO of Cisco and many more! This event will bring together more than 6,000 people who are leading our tech industries.
Not only will the days be filled with tech talks, but the evening will be filled with fun exploration activities to really get to see the city, so don’t expect to just go back to your hotel room at the end of the day! Best explained on their website, “It’s Ireland for the love of god, you do follow ups over a pint whilst watching locals eating raw potatoes with their own bare hands.”