It’s hard to believe we are already half way through July, where has the time gone? ABCey Events is here to help you make the most of what is left of July with our Weekend Event Lineup!
No Plans this Saturday? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! This awesome event is the newest type of convention that celebrates all things glow! This one part convention, one part party is one day that will be entirely lit. During the day you have the opportunity to listen to LED talks that discuss the future of glow. DJ’s will be playing through the night while performers like Dance, Flow, and Saber Battle entertain you until dawn! Dancing not your thing-not to worry, this event has something for everyone! Check out some of the latest virtual reality and 3D light projection inventions instead! You don’t want to miss out on this event, so don’t forget to preregister here for the best price!
2) Shape Tech Expo 2016: Jared Leto, Nate Silver & Silversun Pickups | AT&T Park| Sat. 7/16/16 | All Day | FREE
Calling all SF techies- this event is for you! Come out to the beautiful AT&T Park this Saturday where you can browse over 50 tech exhibits, explore smart cities, robots,virtual reality, and artificial intelligence. You will also have the opportunity to listen to Jared Leto and Nate Silver discuss their visions on what might be in hold for the future! There will be a Saturday Night concert with the Silversun Pickups you don’t want to miss!
Who doesn’t love a good outdoor party…especially one in the beautiful Dolores Park! Its time to celebrate the best day of the weekend with some fun under the sun. So grab a few of your pals and come out this Saturday for an all day awesome party!
With Pokemon Go being the new fad sweeping the nation, why not meet up with other Pokemoner’s this Saturday? Head out to The Beach Chalet Brewery and Restaurant for a fun day full of Pokemon Hunting! If you gotta’ catch em’ all-this is the event for you!
This just might be the best event we’ve seen all summer! No better way to close out the weekend than with an all day ice cream festival-right? There will be over 15 Ice Cream vendors to serve up the frozen treat just the way you like it. And no worries, you can dance off your sugar rush with DJ Dysco Lyft, who will be spinning at the event! The first 200 people to RSVP here will receive FREE admission-so don’t wait! This is one festival you don’t want to miss!
It’s everybody’s favorite time of the week! Have yet to decide on your weekend plans? Have no fear, ABCey Events is here to shed some light on the matter. Everything from concerts to midnight mystery to happy hour drinks, we’ve got you covered!
Featured Lykke Li with Mapei
Sunday, September 21th | 8pm | Fox Theater | $40| Listen to the sounds of Swedish indie Pop singer Lykke Ly this Sunday at the Fox Theater. Lykke Li will be showcasing her third album I Never Learn, which she herself declares is “power ballads for the broken.”
StrEat Bazaar: Craft & Artisan Pop-Up Food Market
Thursday, September 18th | 5pm-10pm | SOMA StrEat Food Park | FREE| Start off your weekend at the SOMA StrEat Food Park’s Streat Bazaar: Craft & Artisan Pop-Up Food Market, featuring the SOMA SoundMAtters, a local DJ collective spinning Deep House for a night filled with craft food vendors, pop up restaurants and food trucks, a beer garden, and jewelry, crafts and more!
Oktoberfest At SF’s Oldest German Restaurant
Friday, September 19th | 6pm-10pm | Schrodeder’s | FREE| Anyone else ready for Oktoberfest? Schroeder’s, the oldest and largest German restaurant on the West Coast, starts off Oktoberfest this Friday with an outdoor beirgarten on Front Street. Enjoy some live music, dancing, and of course, booze!
Midnight Mystery Bike Ride
Saturday, September 20th | 12am-2am | Location: it’s a secret! | FREE| Who doesn’t love a little mystery! In perfect San Francisco fashion, the Midnight Mystery Bike Ride throws a little excitement into your ordinary bike routine. Bikers will all gather at a secret location (revealed Saturday afternoon on Facebook), one biker in the group will lead the secretly planned route and everyone else plays a game of follow the leader (with some party pit stops along the way!) So enjoy some exercise, laughs, and a lot of fun along the way!
Fall Harvest Kick-Off Wine Tasting Event
Sunday, September 21th | 2pm-5pm | Press Club | $30| With fall just around the corner, celebrate the season with a little bit of class! Stop by the Press Club‘s Fall Harvest Kick-Off Wine Tasting to start off this fall season with a tasting of their favorite wines.
It’s Memorial Day Weekend and we can’t wait to celebrate this great weather by attending some fun events this weekend! As usual, there are tons of awesome things going on in the Bay Area. At ABCey, we did some digging around and created a list of our top picks!
FEATURED EVENT: Lightning in a Bottle| Thursday, May 22 – May 26 | San Antonio Recreation Area (Bradley, CA)| All Day | The Do Lab’s yearly campout festival has made its way up to Northern California, relocating from its previous home in Southern California. The event centers around electronic dance music, and incorporates elements of meditation, transformation, Chumash heritage and many yogis. The lineup includes Moby, Gold Panda, Phantogram, Gramatik, Little Dragon, and more. We wish we could make it down this weekend, but we’re very jealous of those that are! Have fun kids! $260 for a full weekend pass.
1. San Francisco PopFest | Thursday – Sunday, May 22 – 25 | Various SF Venues | All Day | SF PopFest is an opportunity to enjoy some Indie Pop music nearby this weekend. Thursday night kicks off at the Knockout on Mission, and has other events for different ages at clubs throughout the city. The lineup sounds great, featuring The Mantles, Wimp, Fine Steps and many more. There is definitely something for everyone at this fun festival! $45 for a weekend pass.
2. Giraffe Meteor Shower | Friday May 23 | Bay Area | 10pm-12am | Studies predict this will be the most intense meteor shower in a decade! The meteors will radiate from the constellation Camelopardalis, and from 200 year old comet dust that the earth is set to pass through. This beautiful spectacle should not be missed, so let’s hope that we have clear skies this Friday night!
3. Carnaval Festival San Francisco | Saturday-Sunday, May 24-25 | Harrison Street between 16th and 24th | This festival turns Harrison street into a celebration of food, music, dance and art. The theme of the 36th Annual Carnaval SF is La Rumba de la Copa Mundial – Celebration of the World Cup – and international performances, an art car show and lots of soccer. On Sunday, there is a parade that starts on the corner of 24th and Bryant street. The event is free but donations are accepted!
4. 3rd Birthday Bash for The Treasure Island Flea Market| Saturday-Sunday, May 24-25 | The Great Lawn of Treasure Island | Funcheap SF is throwing a big birthday party for the SF monthly flea market. Each month the Treasure Island Flea Market featured hundreds of local vendors, outdoor exhibits, and food trucks. The bash is kicking it up a notch this weekend with live bands, clowns, stilt walkers, fortune tellers, face painters, artists and much more. Bring the family and pets out this Memorial Day weekend! $3 admission.
5. San Francisco International Beer Festival | Saturday, May 24 | Fort Mason Center | 7pm-10pm | This year marks the 31st year of drinking beer for a good cause so head out and sample while contributing to the proud parents of Telegraph Hill Cooperative Nursery School. More than 100 brewers come out for great beer and an even better time. $75 general admission.
6. Stompy + Sunset – Last Call | Sunday, May 25 | Cafe Cocomo |2pm-2am | Ending their 12 year run at the beloved Cafe Cocomo, Stompy + Sunset will host a special live event featuring regulars like Solar, J-Bird, Galen and bringing in special guest star Metro Area. Come out and kick off Summer in the sunshine to see the boys off. $20 cover.
7. 2014 Forbidden Island Luau | Sunday, May 25 | Forbidden Island Lounge, Alameda |2pm-10pm | It’s time for the annual tropical bash in the Bay Area at Alameda’s only Tiki Lounge. Enjoy award winning exotic cocktails, and decadent libations at this tropical paradise, while watching Hawai’ian cultural performances, fire dancing, and music. $5 cover.
8. Food Wagon Fandango Music Festival |Sunday, May 25 | SOMA StEat Food Park Picnic | 2pm-10pm | Gear up for this local folk, blues and country music festival featuring Cello, Doug Blumer, Parlor Tricks and other talented bands. Food trucks are always a welcomed addition, especially if they serve barbecue so check out 12 of the Bay Area’s top food trucks, and chase it down with beer and sangria specials all day! $5 admission.
9. Burmese New Year Water Festival |Sunday, May 25 | Kennedy Park |10 am – 3 pm | Join the Bay Area Burmese community for a unique, colorful and fun celebration of Thingyan. The event will feature traditional dance performance, Burmese food, Burmese fashion and an area to play with water! We are lucky to have the chance to learn and celebrate another culture! Free.
10. Memorial Day Beer Lunch Cruise | Monday, May 26 | Hornblower’s Landing |12pm – 2pm | Enjoy a two hour BBQ lunch with champagne and beer this three day weekend, while taking in the sites from a cruise around the bay. A relaxing boat ride around the bay sounds like the perfect way to spend our day off! $73 per person.
There’s so much great stuff to do this weekend, how will you choose!? Leave us a comment below or drop us a line on Facebook & Twitter. Tell us all about the amazing events you made it to this weekend!