We hope you are all as excited as we are for one of the best holiday’s of the year…The 4th of July. With fireworks, food, family, friends and fun, honestly, what could be better?! We created a helpful guide to all things 4th of July, from amazing food and drink ideas to the newest apps inspired by Independence Day!
1. BOOZE: Rather than chugging a beer by the pool, take your barbeque or party to the next level with these 4th of July inspired jello shots from Brit+Co. And, for those wine lovers, be sure to check the Pineapple and Berry White Wine Cocktail by She Knows for some more fruity and patriotic drink ideas!
2. DESSERT: Here is one that everyone is sure to love, chocolate covered strawberries! The Sisters Cafe brings these yummy deserts to the next level. Instead of using milk or dark chocolate, opt for white instead and dip the end into blue sprinkles. The 4th of July means getting back to your American roots, and what better way to honor that than by getting a recipe from Betty Crocker to make the ultimate American flag cake?!
3. APPS: What is Independence Day without your favorite music blasting?! Check out Songza and the app creates a 4th of July playlist for you and your friends! And, give July 4th Fun, Facts and Trivia a try and be the hit of the party by knowing all about the roots of this important holiday!
4. FIREWORKS: All of the biggest shows such as Macys’ Fourth of July Fireworks will be streaming online. However, if you are lucky enough to see fireworks live, head over to one of the many destinations all over the city to celebrate this wonderful holiday! You can find the full list of places to go here!
5. PHOTOS: Check out the latest of the multi-media messaging systems, Cooliris’ BeamIt! This awesome app is basically Instagram, WhatsApp and Flipboard combined. If you want to share pictures but not have it take up most of your day, download BeamIt!
What are you going to do for Independence Day? Will you be making any of these yummy drinks or desserts, or try one of the fun apps? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below or on Facebook or Twitter!
As women, we have so much that interests us: health, beauty, current events, travel… the list goes on and on! If you’re looking for news and tips that directly appeal to you, look no further than ABCey’s favorite women’s lifestyle sites!
1. All Women Stalk | No matter what you’re into- health, celeb gossip, beauty- All Women Stalk has it! Visit the site or download the free app on your iPhone for daily articles about tips, tricks, and trends in the fields that interest you.
2. Brit.co | Think of this site as Martha Stewart for the modern gal! Technology, cooking, decorating, and style are mixed with a DIY flair to keep you creative and crafty!
3. The Beauty Bean | True beauty, health, and wellness tips and articles without a focus on dieting and getting thin. This site will make you feel truly beautiful inside and out without the negative attitudes!
4. Corporette | Are you an overachieving career chick? This is the perfect site for you (and all those who want to be)! If your lifestyle IS your career, you’ll love the job advice and fashion tips for being office fabulous.
5. She Knows | Every part of your life (parenting, home, health, love… the list never ends!) ends up on one all-inclusive site. Whatever She knows, you’ll be excited to know too!