Thursday is here and the weekend is near! ABCey Events has our Weekend Lineup with the top 5 Bay Area and SF events that you don’t want to miss!
Top 5 Bay Area/SF Events
Jump into the J-Pop world at this summit and discover Japanese tech, culture, music, food, and film! This huge event starts Friday with Kyary Pamyu Pamyu performing as part of their World Tour (tickets and info). Then prepare yourself for a jam packed summit Saturday and Sunday. You won’t run out of things do with with: meet and greets with J-Pop stars, live performances, tech tradeshow/sessions, fashion events, interactive Summit/Showcase, panel discussions, and workshops! If that isn’t enough for you, get excited for the amazing food trucks and vendors. Guys-they have a “Sake Summit”! Also throughout the weekend, head to the Japan Film Festival for exclusive live-action and animation films, appearances, and Q&A’s. So dress up if you’re feeling adventurous, and check out this top SF event!
Fri. July 22nd | 2pm – 5pm | FREE | China Basin Park, San Francisco
With this beautiful weather, why not get out there and enjoy the great outdoors-with bubble soccer! With an inflatable ball around your head and torso, you never have to worry about getting hurt! The San Francisco Deltas, an American Professional soccer team, invites everyone to come learn about their team, and if you arrive before 2:30pm you get a SF Deltas scarf free! Start your weekend off right this Friday and have lots of fun bouncing and rolling around!
Sat July 23rd | 6pm-on | $118 and up tickets here | 21+ event | Lodge at the Regency Center: 1290 Sutter St, San Francisco, CA 94109
Let the Mad Hatter be your host while you dine on an amazing feast and hangout with the cast of Alice and Wonderland! Get sucked into the magical wonderland, drink special elixirs and watch the characters and cirque, belly, and burlesque dancers perform for you. If the Cheshire Cat hasn’t hypnotized you enough, stay for dessert (extra purchase of tickets and dessert required). Now don’t be late for this very important date, jump down the rabbit hole this Saturday, and enjoy a unique experience you won’t forget!
Sat. July 22nd | 10am-2pm | FREE *Register here ASAP before Fri. July 22nd | 116 John Shelley Dr., Group Picnic Area
Want to be a pirate? Well now you can! Grab your family or a few pals, and go searching for a buried treasure throughout McLauren Park this Saturday. Not only will you find a treasure, but you can also get prizes, eat great food, get your face painted, do Zumba, and play on the mobile recreation (rock climbing, biking, skateboarding, and slack lining)! So come out, and find the buried treasure!
Sun July 24th | 10am-5pm | FREE*up to 2 adults accompanying each visitor 18&younger | 151 Third St., San Francisco
Come and explore the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art with your family! To showcase their sonic installation, a collaboration with Chris Kallymer, the museum is hosting a free day where you’ll hear from his Paradise Choir (12, 1, 2, and 3pm) and Site-Specific Performances of his work (11am-3pm). Hear their stunning sound throughout the museum and join in on their mobile choruses, performances, and workshops. With so much to do, what’s stopping you from this free museum trip?
With the week finally winding down- we want to know, what do you have planned this weekend? At ABCey, we are always looking for the best excuse to get out and enjoy what the city has to offer. Take a look at what we’re most excited for!
FEATURED EVENT: 2014 Edwardian Ball and Faire: |Friday, January 17th-Saturday January 18th| Regency Ball Room, San Francisco| 8pm-2am| The elegant, whimsical and musical Edwardian Ball takes place this weekend at the Regency Ball room. Set in an imagined Edwardian era it blends classic ballroom with fine art, live DJs and costumed attendees in edwardian dress! It is considered one of the not miss events of the year, come and join the fun.
1. Road Show|Thursday January 16th- Sunday January 19th| Eureka Theater, San Francisco| 8pm: Looking for a good laugh? Come out to Eureka Theater this weekend to catch Road Show, a story about the American dream and two brothers searching for the next way to strike it rich spanning from the Alaskan gold rush to the Floridian real estate boom it is sure to be filled with laughter fit for everyone!
2. FOG Design+Art| Saturday January 18th- Sunday January 19th| Fort Mason Center| 11am-7pm| Hosted by SFMOMA FOG is celebrating 100 years or art and design, this year will feature prominent 20th century and contemporary art and dealers. Come out to the Fort Mason Center to enjoy in a wide variety of art, discussions and performances. Tickets can be purchased online for $15 or at the door for $20.
3. Swap O’ Rama-Rama: |Saturday, January 18th| American Steel Studios, Oakland, CA| 1pm-4pm| Swap O’Rama-Rama is a non-profit clothing swap and DIY workshop that takes place in over 100 cities world wide. This Saturday come out Oakland, no admission necessary, and not only learn new crafts, but learn new ways to repurpose anything from house ware to clothing and beyond!
4. Good Food Awards Market Place: | Saturday, January 18th| Ferry Building, San Francisco| All Day| Come out to the Ferry Building this Sunday to get a taste of the winners of the Good Food Awards. This sunday, the winners will be showcasing their products for the public, tickets to the market are $5 at the door and it will be open all day. Come out and enjoy the sunshine and flavors!
5. Civic Symphony Concert: |Sunday, January 19, 2014 | Sir Francis Drake Hotel | 1pm| The San Francisco Civic Symphony was founded in 1931 and is the oldest community symphony on the West Coast. On Sunday they will be showcasing their work at the ballroom in the Sir Francis Drake Hotel for the public. Come out and enjoy the sounds of Tchaikovsky and Strauss among other works, it’s free for all ages!