It’s hard to believe we are already half way through July, where has the time gone? ABCey Events is here to help you make the most of what is left of July with our Weekend Event Lineup!
No Plans this Saturday? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! This awesome event is the newest type of convention that celebrates all things glow! This one part convention, one part party is one day that will be entirely lit. During the day you have the opportunity to listen to LED talks that discuss the future of glow. DJ’s will be playing through the night while performers like Dance, Flow, and Saber Battle entertain you until dawn! Dancing not your thing-not to worry, this event has something for everyone! Check out some of the latest virtual reality and 3D light projection inventions instead! You don’t want to miss out on this event, so don’t forget to preregister here for the best price!
2) Shape Tech Expo 2016: Jared Leto, Nate Silver & Silversun Pickups | AT&T Park| Sat. 7/16/16 | All Day | FREE
Calling all SF techies- this event is for you! Come out to the beautiful AT&T Park this Saturday where you can browse over 50 tech exhibits, explore smart cities, robots,virtual reality, and artificial intelligence. You will also have the opportunity to listen to Jared Leto and Nate Silver discuss their visions on what might be in hold for the future! There will be a Saturday Night concert with the Silversun Pickups you don’t want to miss!
Who doesn’t love a good outdoor party…especially one in the beautiful Dolores Park! Its time to celebrate the best day of the weekend with some fun under the sun. So grab a few of your pals and come out this Saturday for an all day awesome party!
With Pokemon Go being the new fad sweeping the nation, why not meet up with other Pokemoner’s this Saturday? Head out to The Beach Chalet Brewery and Restaurant for a fun day full of Pokemon Hunting! If you gotta’ catch em’ all-this is the event for you!
This just might be the best event we’ve seen all summer! No better way to close out the weekend than with an all day ice cream festival-right? There will be over 15 Ice Cream vendors to serve up the frozen treat just the way you like it. And no worries, you can dance off your sugar rush with DJ Dysco Lyft, who will be spinning at the event! The first 200 people to RSVP here will receive FREE admission-so don’t wait! This is one festival you don’t want to miss!
This weekend is looking to be a great one, all around the Bay Area! There are countless FREE opportunities to take advantage of to enjoy music, watch some soccer, and take in the beauty of San Francisco. At ABCey Events, we have put together a list of our favorite weekend picks! Give some love back to our community by participating in a beach clean up, or consider food & drink tasting at the Ferry Building to donate to sustainable agriculture! Whichever way you choose to spend your weekend, it is guaranteed to be a great one!
Featured Event: Alice’s Summerthing | Sunday, June 22nd | 12:00-5:00pm | Sharon Meadow, Golden Gate Park SF | This weekend is Alice @ 97.3’s annual FREE concert in the park featuring some awesome guests! Summerthing celebrates everything we love most about summer – live music, sun, fun, good vibes, food trucks and more! How lucky are we to live in such a beautiful city that holds free concerts on a regular basis?! This event is open to all ages and doors open at 10:30am so get on out there to celebrate this sunny weather.
1. International Surfing Day Party | Friday, June 20th | 4:00pm-8:00pm | Baker Beach SF, North Parking Lot | This event is open to all surfers & non-surfers and provides an opportunity to come together in celebration of our coastal beaches. In honor of International Surfing Day, San Francisco is organizing a beach cleanup to give something back to the oceans, waves, and beaches that give us all so much! Volunteers will be offered a picnic with BBQ & beverages after the clean-up. KITS Live 105 will provide the music all night to keep you grooving and is a guaranteed good time! Grab those garden gloves and meet us at the beach to show some TLC to our gorgeous beaches!
2. Summer Solstice Celebration in the Redwoods | Saturday, June 21st | 6:00pm-8:00am | SF Botanical Garden (1199 9th Ave.) | Join us in celebration of the longest day of the year! Participate in an age-old tradition of celebrating midsummer on the solstice, marking the astronomical beginning of summer. Enjoy two complimentary glasses of California wine and nibble on local cheeses while strolling through the 100-year-old Redwood grove. Explore the lush trails of woodland sorrel, wild ginger, and sword ferns. This is an excellent opportunity to ring in the summer season and meet new people in San Francisco! For members the entry fee is $20 and $30 for nonmembers.
3. USA vs. Portugal: 2014 World Cup Live Screening Outdoor Party | Sunday, June 22nd | All Day | Civic Center, SF | SF Recreation & Parks will once again be hosting live game screenings of select matches of the 2014 World Cup live from Brazil on a big screen (we’re told it’s 13 x 17) at Civic Center right in front of City Hall. This event will be filled with mini soccer games, youth skills clinics, face painting, and a photo booth with soccer props! The USA takes on Portugal at 3pm sharp and red, white & blue is highly recommended for attire! Show off your patriotism for our soccer team at this FREE event!
4. CUESA’s 4th Annual Summer Celebration | Sunday, June 22nd | 6:00pm-9:00pm | Ferry Building Farmers Market | Join CUESA (Center for Urban Education About Sustainable Agriculture) in kicking off the summer harvest (and solstice) in one delicious bite! All bites and sips will showcase farmers market produce at the peak of the summer season. Stroll the halls of the iconic Ferry Building while you enjoy unlimited food and drink at the themed tasting areas. Tickets are $125, $85 of which is a tax deductible donation. Proceeds from the night provide much-needed support for CUESA’s ongoing education initiatives, including free cooking demos, kitchen skill-building classes, the Schoolyard to Market youth entrepreneurship program, and sustainability scholarships for farmers. This is great opportunity to put your money to a great cause while enjoying the amazing cuisine of SF!
5. 10th Annual SF Pinot Days | Saturday, June 21st | 2:00pm-5:00pm | Metreon City View Room (135 4th St.) | If you love pinot noir this festival is meant for you! Pinot Days is a wine event that celebrates pinot noir in its many styles, ranging from modern to earthy to elegant. This festival celebrates the passionate people who make pinot noir and will influence you to explore new producers, find wines you love and can afford, and become a pinot devotee if you are not one already! The tasting festival open to the public is $75 and the VIP seminar & early entry tasting (12:00pm-5:00pm) is $125.