It’s almost Friday! ABCey brings you this week’s San Francisco Weekend Lineup with the top events in the Bay Area! It’s going to be packed with lots of LGBT pride!
Weekend Lineup: Giants LGBT Night
Celebrate the Bay Area’s rich LGBT culture with the San Francisco Giants! If you purchase a special event ticket package, you’ll get a ticket to the evening’s Giant’s game, access to a pre-game party, and a limited edition gift. Part of the proceeds will go towards supporting local LGBT-focused non-profits!
SF Pride Parade Celebration
June 23rd | 12pm-6pm |Tickets|Civic Center Plaza
It’s that time of year again! Come out to all the festivities to prepare for the 47th annual celebration of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender pride! There will be inspirational speakers, music, food, and more to get you excited for the parade on Sunday.
Pink Mammoth Block Party
June 23rd | 12pm-9pm |$15-$20 Cover|119 Utah St.
The 6th annual Pink Mammoth Block Party will be happening again this year! Join in on the fun and wear all the pink you own. There will be lots of dancing, musical stylings provided by Thomas Jack and Pink Mammoth residents, and food! This year will feature the upcoming interactive Tree of Life and the Trolley Stage with a historic San Francisco Cable Car operating as a stage. Visit the Pink Mammoth Facebook Page for more info.
SF Pride Parade & Rally
June 24th | 10:30am-6pm |Tickets|Embarcadero to Civic Center
Want to really show your pride? Make a sign and come march in the parade or cheer on the crowd! There will also be festivities like inspirational speakers, music, and food to enjoy as well. This event is a special tradition that’s near and dear to SF’s heart, so join in and wear your brightest apparel!
Frameline 42, International LGBTQ Film Festival
The film festival that came to town on June 14th will be closing this Sunday, June 24th! Come see some groundbreaking documentaries, cinematic classics, and heart-warming films. Don’t miss out on the longest-running, largest, and most widely LGBT cinema film exhibition in the world!
Whether you want to showcase your pride by joining a crowd in your brightest outfit, viewing an LGBT-related film, or by enjoying some baseball, there are plenty of ways to show some LGBT pride this weekend!
Looking for a quiet and low-key weekend? Think again! It’s Pride Weekend in San Francisco and the city is buzzing with energy. From parades to parties, this one has a ton to offer. Take a peek at our Lineup for ABCey’s fave picks!
Featured Event: 2014 San Francisco Pride Festival |Saturday June 27th and Sunday June 28th |All Day| |Civic Center Plaza |Come experience the 44th annual San Francisco Pride Celebration and Parade. The theme is “Color Our World with Pride”. With over 200 parade contingents, 300 exhibitors, and more than twenty community-run stages and venues, the San Francisco Pride Celebration and Parade is the largest gathering of LGBT people and friends in the nation. From dance parties to fashion shows, there are a ton of Pride events going on this weekend including some of our favorites Pride on the Pier, Metamorphose, Candy Crush: Pride 2014, and Pink Saturday. We can’t wait to see the streets of San Francisco be filled with excitement and energy for this weekend!
1. Best of the Bay Area Party |Thurs. June 26th|Main Event 7-11 pm | City View at Metreon |San Francisco magazine’s Best of the Bay Area Party brings the July “Best of the Bay Area” issue to life with bites from 40 of San Francisco’s hottest restaurants, wines from 11 of the top wineries, and 12 open bars. There will be Six DJs and live music to get things going on the dance floor, and the night goes on at an exclusive after party. This is a great opportunity to experience all this city has to offer while enjoying views of the San Francisco skyline and indulging in delicious food and cocktails. We wish we were going to this event, but we cant wait to hear all the reviews and insider scoop! Tickets start at $100.
2. Pancakes and Booze Art Show | Fri. June 27th| 8:00 pm-2:00 am| 111 Minna Gallery | Do you love pancakes and art? Then this is the event for you! Come visit SF’s largest underground art show with over 100 emerging artists, live body painting, all you can eat pancake bar, and live music. What a cool and unique event to attend and who can say no to an all you can eat pancake bar?! Grab your fork and head over to Pancakes and Booze! $5 dollar cover.
3. Pink Mammoth Block Party | Sat. June 28th| 12pm-4 am| Mighty,119 Utah St| Pink Mammoth and Mighty present the biggest summer house music block party on the West Coast. In an effort to raise money for Pink Mammoth’s annual production at Burning Man as well as for breast cancer, all proceeds will be donated to these causes.The DJ lineup will feature 37 DJs spinning deep, funky, disco, dirty, and tech house sounds. Food will be provided by Me So Hungry food truck and Oceanic restaurant. There will also be full bars & beer trucks, and local designer vendors. We love a good dance party and this one sounds like a ton of fun! Grab some friends and head over to Pink Mammoth Block Party! Ticket prices rage from $20-55.
4. Treasure Island Flee Market | Sat. June 28th| 10:00 am-4:00 pm|Treasure Island| Looking for something unique to purchase this weekend? Held the last full weekend every month, The Treasure Island Flee Market is a unique outdoor market that offers great shopping with 400+ curated vendors like antiques & collectibles, vintage, indie designers, and artists plus lots of fun & games. Great place to spend a Saturday with the whole family! $3 general admission with kids under 12 free!
5. Passport to Healthy Skin Event: A Guide to Living Well From the Inside Out |Sat. June 28th| 12:00 pm-4:00 pm| Justin Herman Plaza |This daylong, free event will inform attendees how city living (both the elements and lifestyle habits) can make skin sensitive and what solutions will work best for your city skin. Each attendee will be given a Passport to Healthy Skin to experience the event’s four zones: food, fitness, wellness, and relaxation. Additional event activities include a healthy eats & detox tea garden, on site yoga, relaxation chair massages, and free samples of beauty products. Sign us up! This seems like a perfect way to pamper yourself on a Saturday! Who doesn’t love free beauty products? RSVP to attend!
This weekend we are in celebration mode as we commemorate a landmark victory to the gay-rights movement striking down a federal law that denies benefits to same-sex married couples. Go Cali! Per usual, there are tons of great events happening all over San Francisco that you don’t want to miss, including SF Pride (what impeccable timing)! ABCey invites you to put your computer down and enjoy the weekend activities!
1. San Francisco LGBT Pride – June 29-30, 2013- Downtown and Castro Valley San Francisco, CA. -With over 200 parade contingents, 300 exhibitors, and more than 20 stages and venues, the San Francisco LGBT Pride Celebration and Parade is the largest LGBT gathering in the nation. This is a celebration that will go down in history because of recent marriage act that was passed early this week. “San Francisco Pride has been said to be one of the last remaining pride events that can truly be called a rite of passage.”
2. Pinot Days San Francisco 2013– Sunday June 30, 2pm-5pm-Fort Mason Center San Francisco, CA- Pinot Days celebrates the amazing noble grape in all its gloriously diverse styles, and this year’s offering is more broad and complete than ever. Over 140 artisan winemakers representing every domestic pinot noir region will pour the fruits of their craft, each sharing their unique interpretation of pinot noir and the stories of their winemaking. Drink, Laugh and enjoy this delicious wine festival in beautiful Fort Mason!
3. Treasure Island Flea Market, Summer Kick Off -June 29-30, 2013- Treasure Island Great Lawn San Francisco, CA-The Treasure Island Flea is the last weekend of the month year round and features hundreds of local crafters, makers, and collectors. This flea market is know for its live music and beautiful views of the Bay. Free Parking with $3 dollars admission and kids 12 and under are free!
4. Wine Tasting at San Francisco’s Winery-Friday, Jun 28 12:00p to 5:00p- Winery SF 200 California Ave, Bldg. 180 North San Francisco, CA -Enjoy wine tasting at The Winery SF in their stunning tasting room & event venue. SF winery brings the ultimate “California wine experience” to San Francisco allowing visitors to see the winemaking process first-hand and experience highly rated boutique wines from a team of top winemakers from Napa, Sonoma & beyond. Tastings start at $10. Group Tours, Tastings & Barrel Sampling Available.
5. Startup Founder Boot Camp– June 29, 2013 1pm to 5pm- Sandbox Suites 567 Sutter St San Francisco, CA. -Starting your own business? Why should you go in it alone when there are expert resources at your fingertips? If you are looking to learn from experts and get advice about your startup, look no further. Sandbox Suites has pulled together the best guys in the startup world to teach you what you need to know before you embark on the road to success. This workshop is for entrepreneurs, founders of startups or for anyone that is interested in learning successful business tips.