July is already upon us and it’s almost the weekend! We hope you are just as excited as we are for Independence Day on Monday, and ABCey has you covered with all of your 4th of July events coming soon! Until then, make the most of your weekend and check out these fun Bay Area events!
Fri. July 1st – Mon. July 4th, 2016| 11am-11pm |prices vary| 4501 Pleasanton Ave. Pleasanton, CA
If you haven’t gone to the fair yet, GO! This fair is a must-see attraction for everyone! For kids, there is a children’s park, adventure park, petting zoo, ferris wheel, and carnival. Adults can be entertained with horse races, a beer garden, a wine bar, shopping areas, and live concerts. There are only 4 more days til’ the fair is over, so come check it out before it’s too late!
Sat July 2nd & Sun July 3rd, 2016 | 10am-6pm | FREE | Fillmore St.–Jackson to Eddy St, San Francisco
Enjoy two days of music, food, art, and fun at the Fillmore Jazz Festival! This festival takes over more than 12 blocks and has every kind of food and craft imaginable. With 32 years under its belt, this festival has become incredibly popular and the largest free jazz festival on the West Coast. Join the other 100,000 people who attend this event and jazz up your weekend!
Sat. July 2nd, 2016 | 10am-12pm | FREE | Stow Lake, Golden Gate Park, San Francisco
Experience nature this weekend and take a guided tour through Golden Gate Park. This guided tour is free and a perfect way to collect your thoughts while getting fit! With your own personal tour guide, you can learn all about the park, plants, and wildlife. So get out and enjoy the great outdoors with a nice stroll!
Sat. July 2nd, 2016 | 7:30pm | FREE, RSVP for Early Entry Tickets | AT&T Park; 24 Willie Mays Plaza, San Francisco
Mix things up this weekend by seeing a play…a free play! This Saturday, the San Francisco Opera is hosting a live simulcast and projecting their current play, Carmen, on AT&T Park’s huge video screen. You will definitely be entertained by Carmen, a femme fatale play with jealousy, danger, love and murder. Head out to the ball park to watch this captivating play and a special pre-show and intermission with the other 30,000 attendees!
Sun. July 3rd, 2016 | 11am-4pm | FREE | 103 Montgomery Street, Main Post, Presidio, San Francisco
This year, Off the Grid has revamped their picnic and food truck event held in Presidio Park. They now have over the 30 food and beverage trucks, free yoga classes, games, and music! You can also get clothes and accessories at their mobile shop, produce from their market, and help planning your next activity in San Francisco. There are also FREE shuttles, PresidiGo, that travel to Embarcadero BART, certain SF streets, MUNI, and around the park. Don’t miss the chance to relax on the grass field and enjoy great food and company!
Extra Event: Marin County Fair Fireworks and S’more Feast
Fri. July 1st, 2016 | 8:30pm – 10:00pm | FREE | McInnis Park: 310 Smith Ranch Road, San Rafael, CA
Because this weekend is so jam packed, we have one more event that will get you in the mood for July 4th! Friday at McInnis Park, park rangers will have yummy s’mores to eat right before you walk to the top of the Nike Site to watch the 9:30pm Marin County Fair fireworks show. Fireworks are always fun especially with s’mores and tomorrow you can get both for free!
The weekend is just around the corner and we couldn’t be more excited! Just in time for the holiday spirit, we’ve got everything from a tree lighting ceremony, an SF Opera performance to a massive wine tasting event. Keep reading to find out more of ABCey’s fave picks!
1. Poolside DJ Set | Friday, November 22 | 9pm | Audio Discotech | Just because the weather has gotten colder, doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy summer-sounding music. This Los Angeles duo, also known as Poolside, is set to bring what they call ‘daytime-disco’. Their music will bring you straight to the beach or the pool party, or wherever you find your sunny paradise!
2. Pier 39’s Tree Lighting Ceremony | Saturday, November 23rd | 3pm | Pier 39 | Come down to the Pier for their annual tree lighting ceremony! There will be a ton of activities for the kids, such as a meet and greet with friends from the Disneyland Resort. There will also be performances from local Bay Area choirs. Make sure you stick around to the end of the night to watch the 60ft majestic Christmas tree lighting ceremony!
3. Monarch 2 Year Anniversary | Saturday, November 23rd | 10pm | Monarch SF | Time flies when you’re having fun! Come celebrate with the club that has seamlessly changed the face of the San Francisco night life scene. This party will not only feature some of the hottest DJs, but also Monarch’s friend Danny Daze. Get ready for a great night of dancing and celebrations!
4. San Francisco Vinters Market | Saturday, November 23rd – Sunday, November 24th | 12 – 4pm | Fort Mason Center | This is the first and only wine tasting and buying event in the Bay Area. Up to 200 wineries from Napa Valley, Sonoma County, Santa Barbara and beyond will be pouring their favorite wines including new releases, special collections and hard to find vintages for you to taste and buy!
5. SF Opera presents The Barber of Seville | Sunday, November 24th | 2pm | War Memorial Opera House | Enjoy a wonderful performance by the San Francisco Opera. Along with the romantic and melodic voices come impressive stage and costume designs. They cleverly transform from white to bright colors as the evening progresses. If you’ve never been to the opera before, this would definitely be a great experience for you!