It’s almost Friday! ABCey brings you this week’s San Francisco Weekend Lineup with the top events in the Bay Area! It’s going to be packed with lots of LGBT pride!
Weekend Lineup: Giants LGBT Night
Celebrate the Bay Area’s rich LGBT culture with the San Francisco Giants! If you purchase a special event ticket package, you’ll get a ticket to the evening’s Giant’s game, access to a pre-game party, and a limited edition gift. Part of the proceeds will go towards supporting local LGBT-focused non-profits!
SF Pride Parade Celebration
June 23rd | 12pm-6pm |Tickets|Civic Center Plaza
It’s that time of year again! Come out to all the festivities to prepare for the 47th annual celebration of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender pride! There will be inspirational speakers, music, food, and more to get you excited for the parade on Sunday.
Pink Mammoth Block Party
June 23rd | 12pm-9pm |$15-$20 Cover|119 Utah St.
The 6th annual Pink Mammoth Block Party will be happening again this year! Join in on the fun and wear all the pink you own. There will be lots of dancing, musical stylings provided by Thomas Jack and Pink Mammoth residents, and food! This year will feature the upcoming interactive Tree of Life and the Trolley Stage with a historic San Francisco Cable Car operating as a stage. Visit the Pink Mammoth Facebook Page for more info.
SF Pride Parade & Rally
June 24th | 10:30am-6pm |Tickets|Embarcadero to Civic Center
Want to really show your pride? Make a sign and come march in the parade or cheer on the crowd! There will also be festivities like inspirational speakers, music, and food to enjoy as well. This event is a special tradition that’s near and dear to SF’s heart, so join in and wear your brightest apparel!
Frameline 42, International LGBTQ Film Festival
The film festival that came to town on June 14th will be closing this Sunday, June 24th! Come see some groundbreaking documentaries, cinematic classics, and heart-warming films. Don’t miss out on the longest-running, largest, and most widely LGBT cinema film exhibition in the world!
Whether you want to showcase your pride by joining a crowd in your brightest outfit, viewing an LGBT-related film, or by enjoying some baseball, there are plenty of ways to show some LGBT pride this weekend!
Thank goodness the weekend is finally (almost) here! We can’t wait to spend a few days hanging out with friends and family. ABCey has your weekly weekend lineup with so many great picks. We can’t decide which is our favorite!
1. Nightlife at California Academy of Sciences: Dinosaur Night
Thursday, July 23rd, 2015|6pm-10pm| California Academy of Sciences| $12, 21+
Watch Jurassic Park and explore the museum with a cocktail in hand! Get an up close and personal look at some of the coolest things the museum has to offer!
2. Gilroy Garlic Festival
Friday, July 24th – Sunday July 26th, 2015|10am-7pm|Christmas Hill Park, Gilroy|Adult tickets starting from $20
One of the Bay Area’s favorite festivals is finally here! The gilroy garlic festival is home to tons of live music, arts and of course, garlic. This is one you can’t miss out on! Buy tickets here.
3. Berkeley Kite Festival
Saturday, July 25th – Sunday, July 26th, 2015|10am -6pm| Cesar E. Chavez Park at the Berkeley Marina| Free Admission
Kite flying isn’t just for kids. This annual event is one of the funniest activities in Berkeley! There will be live music, free kite lessons and even a petting zoo. And to sweeten the pot, admission is free.
4. Bay Bridge Series
Saturday, July 25th, 2015|1pm| AT&T Park|Starting from $45
Come out to watch both of our Bay Area baseball teams take on one another at AT&T park this Saturday at 1:00pm. This is sure to be one of the most exciting games of the season! Buy tickets here.
5. 80’s Prom
Saturday, July 26th, 2015| 9pm-1am| The Julia Morgan Ballroom|Starting at $65
Want to relive the high school glory days? Well now is your chance! Come out to support at risk youth and dance the night away at this 80’s Prom party. This event is 21+ and is located at the Morgan Ballroom. Buy tickets here.
Another week has come and gone and, before you know it, it’s time to plan for the weekend! Keep your calendar full by walking for the greater good, schmoozing with your fellow winos, and keeping an eye out for the next big tech innovations! Enjoy the week ahead with ABCey and our top event picks.
1. Silicon Valley Innovation Summit | July 23rd-24th, 2013 | Computer History Museum, Mountain View, Ca |The tech industry’s top entrepreneurs, corporate players, innovators, and investors come together under one roof for two days all in the name of technology! Get ready for rousing debates and discourse on entertainment, digital media, cloud technology, and more. The summit is exclusive in order to retain an intimate, connection-based atmosphere- we hope you’re lucky enough to score a seat!
2. AIDS Walk San Francisco | July 21st, 2013 | 9:30 a.m.- 1:30 p.m.| Sharon Meadow, Golden Gate Park | You’ve seen hundreds of ads around the city for months and the big day is finally here! It’s time to support and give back to the community in a fun, active way with a beautiful walk through Golden Gate Park. Every penny of the $1.7 million dollars raised so far (and rising!) goes directly to San Francisco-based charities that support AIDS victims and research.
3. Winestock | July 20th-21st, 2013 | Firehouse 8 | For all you oenologists out there, bring your tasting glasses and get ready to taste over 100 different wines! Celebrate Napa Valley’s prosperous wine industry with a weekend in the company of winemakers, local artisans, and foodies galore. Don’t forget to attend one of the master classes, like the ones on sparkling wines or 3-course tasting menus!
4. 500 Startups Demo Day | July 24th- 25th, 2013 | Demo Day is the first glimpse into the major players that will participate in 500 Startups, a series of events to fund early-stage companies. Although this event is mainly for serious investors and the 500 Startups participants, keep an eye on this one! Something tells us big things will be happening here.
5. Industry Night with the SF Giants | July 24th, 2013 | 5:00 p.m.- 7:00 p.m. | 24 Willie Mays Plaza | In addition to seeing the Giants kill the Cincinnati Reds, attend Industry Night for an early pre-game! A full bar and local DJ talents are sure to get you excited to cheer on your Giants. Plus, you get some sick free Giants headphones!
Featured Event: Wanderlust!
Wanderlust Festival |July 18th-21st, 2013 | Squaw Valley, Ca | Are you ready to find your true North? This four-day festival celebrating yoga, music, and nature is the place to be for those seeking peace of mind and holistic wellbeing! Between the massages, wide selection of yoga classes, and hikes in the picturesque wilderness, you”ll never want to leave.
Is it really May already?! The sunshine and warm weather insists that it must be so. It’s the season of weddings, concerts, graduations, and tons of other occasions celebrated through events. Not only that, but this Sunday is Cinco de Mayo! Grab your Coronas and margaritas and feel free to celebrate all weekend with these events ABCey has rounded up.
1. Creature Carnival NightLife | Thursday, May 2nd | California Academy of Sciences | Step right up for a night of circus fun inspired by the Academy’s marvelous menagerie of creatures. Play good old fashioned carnival games amongst roaming jugglers and gymnasts from Velocity Circus, and animal-themed Burning Man sculptures including Dusty Rhino.
2. Growth Hackers Conference | Friday, May 3rd | Broadway Studios | Join co-hosts Erin Turner and Gagan Biyani on Friday, May 3 at Broadway Studios in San Francisco to hear from new & returning speakers with track records of success building businesses using growth hacking techniques.
3. 2013 CASPA High Tech Job Fair | Saturday, May 4th| Santa Clara| All high-tech professionals in fab, semiconductor, software/hardware design, EDA, software development, finance, applications, sales & marketing, and so on are welcome. Hiring companies include: ARM, Contact Singapore, Hisense, HSBC, Intel, Lenovo, Marvell, MEMSIC, MediaTek, Microsoft, Sandisk, SK Hynix, SMIC, Synaptics, UMC, Beijing Delegation, Hefei Delegation, and more.
4. 2013 Kentucky Derby Day Bash & Hat Contest | Saturday, May 4th | Golden Gate Fields | Enjoy a day at the races, play the ponies, sip mint juleps, and bring a hat for the annual Run for the Roses Hat Contest.
5. SF Giants’ Free Cinco de Mayo Festival | Sunday, May 5th | AT&T Park | While the 2012 season provided plenty of reason to celebrate in the Bay Area, there is cause for yet another celebration: Cinco de Mayo! Bring your Cinco de Mayo celebration to AT&T Park and watch Los Gigantes de San Francisco, as they take on division rival Los Angeles Dodgers! Bring the whole family out for a day of fun, cultural celebration, and Giants baseball.