The Bay Area has lots in store these next few weeks. This weekend, keep your eyes peeled for events catering to bargain deals on delicious food. Check out what ABCey has found – it could be the start of a very FULL weekend!
1. SF Dine About Town 2013 | 1-18 to 1-31 | Various SF Restaurants | Dine About Town is San Francisco’s “restaurant week.” Being a city for foodies, one week apparently isn’t enough. The program runs twice a year for two weeks, January 15-31 and June 1-15. Restaurants sign up to offer a fixed price 2-or 3-course lunch option for $18.95 and/or a 3-course dinner option for $36.95. In addition, Dine About Town menus will offer a 10-25% discount off regularly priced menu items. During the period, participating restaurants will offer their Dine About Town menu, sometimes alongside their regular menus, and other times as the only menu.
2. 2013 Oakland Restaurant Week | 1-19 to 1-27 | Various Oakland Restaurants | San Francisco isn’t the only Bay Area city with a thriving cuisine scene. This week, Oakland is also hosting a Restaurant Week which promises to be just as delicious. If the San Francisco scene isn’t enough for you, I think there’s a strong possibility that the Oakland restaurants will be able to round out your palette. Oakland’s pricing works a little differently – restaurants will offer prix fixe menus at $20, $30, and $40. Tickets and special passes are not required, but reservations are strongly recommended.
3. SF Sketchfest Comedy Festival | 1-24 to 2-10 | Various Locations | For two weeks every year in January, comedians converge in San Francisco on the Sketchfest stages to make us laugh, snort, chuckle and chortle. In its 12th year, SF Sketchfest’s lineup includes everything from a tribute to “The Naked Gun” and an event with cast members of television’s “Portlandia” to a female Prince cover band headed by “Saturday Night Live” alum Maya Rudolph. Known for drawing big names while retaining a homegrown feel, the festival will take place in 26 venues, including Cobb’s Comedy Club and the Castro Theatre.
4. Local Tastings SF | 1-25 | Bluxome Street Winery | Enjoy a taste of the Bay Area’s artisan food & wine, and the stories of the locals who grow and craft them! Each tasting event focuses on local food and wine, grown and made entirely within the Bay Delta Bioregion. As you nibble and sip, your host will give a talk on how this local food and drink came to be: from the winemakers to the dairy cows. You will also receive a map to take home, showing the source locations of the food and wine.
5. Brunch Pop-Up: Wine & Waffles | 1-27 | Biondivino Wine Boutique | Chrissy’s Waffles is returning to Russian Hill’s Biondivino to pair waffles with prosecco cordials. In honor of the 49ers making it to the Super Bowl, this pairing is being called the “Waffle Bowl” and will showcase game-time wine pairings. Menu items include a 4505 Meats breakfast sausage & potato crumble waffle with butter & maple syrup, meyer lemon buttermilk donut waffles with marmalade & whipped cream and blood orange prosecco cordials. If our city is going to win the SuperBowl, you’ll need your strength for all the rioting!