You scream, we scream, we all scream for Ice Cream! We’re super excited to announce that ABCey has P A R T N E R E D U P with the Museum of Ice Cream San Francisco to exclusively produce their private events, and to introduce San Francisco’s hottest (err coldest?) new event venue! We’ll create a larger-than-life journey through your wildest dreams, with surreal worlds and delicious treats. It is sure to enchant your guests, and show them a time they will never forget!
This iconic venue is available now and welcomes all types of celebrations including birthday parties, weddings, conferences, meetings, launch parties, hospitality suites and more! ABCey will be offering full service event planning along with our preferred partners Foxtail Catering & Tonic Beverage Catering.
You get unlimited treats, sweets and a customized experience from the amazing #TEAMMOIC guides, and we do the rest! Above all, don’t you just wanna jump in the sprinkle pool?!
Museum of Ice Cream San Francisco has welcomed over a million visitors through its doors – spreading magic, joy, and ice cream across the Bay Area! Since opening in 2017, the location has captivated a global audience, drawing visitors from around the world to Union Square.
ABCey’s here to plan your next event and make it extra special, where anything is possible! For private and corporate event inquiries, availability and pricing, please contact Amanda Cey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On Wednesday, May 10th, 2017 nearly 250 people turned out to the Contemporary Jewish Museum in San Francisco to honor UpStart Founder Toby Rubin for the UpStart 10x Event, and celebrate the future of Jewish innovation! ABCey Events had the honor of producing this exciting evening filled with live art, important discussions, yummy food, interesting people, projection mapping, amazing music, and much more! Here’s our Top 10 countdown of all of the amazing things that contributed to this successful San Francisco event!
1. The Question of the Night: How Will We Build The Jewish Community We Want To See In 2027?
2. Live Artwork/ Visual Thinking by Melinda Walker of One Squiggly line, asking the question of the night!
4. UpStart Founder and Honoree Toby Rubin takes the stage and gives a heartfelt speech!
5. UpStarter talking about his experience and tossing around a Catchbox microphone!
6. Illuminated bars by Blueprint Studios honoring the evenings sponsors.
8. Music and Beats provided by DJ Chris Clouse and Sax Player from M83.
10. Photobooth by The Bosco and our fabulous custom props!
On behalf of ABCey Events, we’d like to extend a huge thank you to Jaime Rappaport Barry, Aaron Katler, and the whole UpStart Team for working so hard along side us to make this event a successful one! What was your favorite part of UpStart 10x? Leave us a comment here or find us on Facebook or Twitter!
ABCey is super excited to help out with the Annual Spark SF Public Schools Gala alongside producer, Bespoke by Katy Higgins! Grab your tickets soon!
Friday May 12 | The Fairmont San Francisco | 6 – 11pm | 60’s Cocktail Attire | Tickets
The Spark Gala is SFUSD’s and Spark* SF Public School’s celebration that brings together the SF community. This includes the civic and business leaders and local philanthropists, to the educators and parents. All unite to celebrate and recognize the Mayor’s Teacher and Principal of the Year!
Inspired by the 50th Anniversary of the Summer of Love, they honor SFUSD’s policies of inclusion and diversity. Together, we can create an education revolution.
We are thrilled to participate in this inspiring event! Make sure to snag your tickets ASAP, and we’ll see you there!
ABCey Events knows how important sustainability practices are- so here, green is the new black! We’re sharing our top 5 favorite sustainability tips for you to try at your next event!
1) Go Mobile
It’s time to ditch those age old paper programs at your next event and go mobile instead! Create an app for your event that will still provide all the same helpful info about your event, but is environmentally friendly. You’re now sustainable AND showing people how tech savvy you are! There are tons of websites to help create your own app, but our favorite is AppMachine!
2) Eliminate Waste
Forgo the paper plates and plastic utensils at your next event and try using chic reusable plates and silverware instead. Not only will you reduce the amount of waste produced, but it will also amp up the level of quality of your event! Not ready to bite the bullet yet in purchasing reusable china? Try out these eco friendly wooden options instead!
3) Be Selective
It is important to remember that where you choose to host your event matters! Try to choose locations that are LEED certified with sustainability initiatives already in place. One of our favorite green venues in SF is The Hall, which provides all locally produced food and beverages!
4) Consider The Timing Of Your Event
If possible, hold your event during the day to save on energy required by artificial lighting. If it’s unavoidable, try using LED lighting instead- using LED lights can help reduce your carbon foot print up to 70%! Just because it’s energy efficient lighting, doesn’t mean it has to be boring. You can have almost all the same lighting effects using LED as you would with normal lighting, so there is no reason not to make the switch!
5) Sustainability in Spirits
As if you needed another reason to love happy hour… what if all your favorite drinks were now locally grown, organic, and made with seasonable products? Now they can be! By making a few simple changes, your happy hour just became a whole lot more sustainable. Add a whole new element to cocktail hour at your next event, and show your attendees how easy it is to go green!
The 4th of July is just around the corner, which means it’s time for grilling out, chilling out, and celebrating one of the best days of the year! ABCey Events has 5 easy DIY ideas to get you party ready for the upcoming holiday weekend.
1) Center pieces are a necessity to make any great theme party shine. Nothing screams summer quite like a mason jar does, so these easy to make, adorable center pieces are sure to make your party sparkle for the 4th! Check out how to make them here.
2) Extra bottles laying around? We have your solution! This DIY is super easy and will no doubt give your 4th of July party the extra pop you’ve been looking for. Using wine bottles for a decoration? No complaints here! Be sure to find out how to make these adorable center pieces here.
3) Make sure that your guests feel welcome upon arrival with these festive wreaths to hang on your front door! These are inexpensive to make and only require 3 materials- talk about an ideal DIY! You can find out how to make these here.
4) Burlap wreath not your style? No worries- we’ve got back up options to make sure your guests are greeted in style at your front door. These awesome patriotic wreaths are easy to make and oh so chic! Don’t miss out on this great door dec, find out to make these here.
4th of July Photo Backdrop
5) ABCey knows no party is complete without that perfect Instagram picture. This simple DIY scrap flag is the ideal backdrop for guests to take photos at your 4th of July party! What better way to celebrate the 4th than by taking fun, festive photos with your pals? Read more on how to make these here!
6) Kites are a true symbol of summer time and can take anyone back to their childhood. This easy DIY kite garland is guaranteed to spruce up your wall space at your 4th of July get together! See here to find out how to make these kites the star of your party!
7) If you need to primp up those white walls before you host your 4th of July party this weekend, these will definitely do the trick! This American flag painted window is the extra festive touch you need to make sure your July 4th party is one to remember. Check out how to make these here!
Festive Table Decorations
8) Need some extra 4th of July table decor for your event? These simplistic and festive signs add some patriotic pride to your upcoming independence day party! Find out to to make these here.
9) Nothing says festive fun quite like these darling red, white and blue inspired pin wheels! These are perfect for adding a little extra flare to your snack tables for the 4th. You can find out how to make these simple decorations here!
4th of July Luminaries
10) Light up your 4th of july party with these adorable patriotic luminaries! This DIY is super simple and uses recycled jars as the main material- easy and green! Don’t miss out on the chance to illuminate your party, and find out how to do these here!
Summer has finally arrived! What better way to celebrate than by getting out and enjoying the beautiful Bay Area? ABCey Events has got you covered with what’s going on this weekend!
Friday June 24th | 5:00pm-8:45 pm | de Young Museum | FREE
Dance your way into the weekend with this dance-off hip-hop themed event happening at the de Young Museum Friday night starting at 5pm. In addition to showing off your best moves, the observation tower will be open until 8pm to see spectacular views of San Francisco. Don’t miss out on your opportunity to show everyone the hip hop guru you really are!
Saturday June 25th, Noon-6pm | Sunday June 26th 10:30am-6pm | Civic Center Plaza & along Market St. | FREE
Head into the heart of San Francisco this weekend for the best of local musical talent and cultural performances. The San Francisco Pride event is home to over 20 community-run stages and venues. What better way to experience the city and see firsthand the amazing diversity of the LGBT community in San Francisco?
Saturday June 25th | 10:30-Noon | Presidio | FREE
This Saturday at the Pershing Square in the Presidio there will be a celebration for the wonderful city of San Francisco! In 1775-1776, 240 colonists traveled from what is present day Mexico and founded the Presidio of San Francisco. We have them to thank for their new cultural ideas and era of California history! Come and join the recognition of their incredible journey.
Sunday June 26th | All Day | Treasure Island | $3
Don’t miss out on this modernized market that is home to around 400-curated vendors every month. Vendors sell everything from originally made and designed items, to art and vintage collections. If those weren’t enough to get you excited about this great event, there will also be over 15 food trucks to satisfy all your cravings while you shop! So come out and enjoy the summer while getting spectacular views of downtown San Francisco. What more could you ask for?
Sunday June 26th | 2pm | San Francisco | FREE
Come and be a part of the tradition that has been going strong since 1938! The Stern Grove festival throws free concerts in the park every summer- Free outdoor music? Count us in! Finish out your weekend in this stunning park setting and watch performers such as George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic. Get in on the fun this Sunday starting at 2pm!
It’s getting increasingly harder and harder to engage audiences. With over 1000 cable channels, video streaming online, and on-demand music streaming, we have become more sophisticated and demanding! So, when your audience arrives at your event they expect the same level of choice, engagement, and customization. Read on for tips to truly engage live audiences!
1. Get them before they arrive: Reach out to your audiences and get them interacting with your content and your brand before they even show up. This does not include a simple email blast, but real and interactive content they can begin to engage with and get them psyched for & buzzing about your event! Pushing social media content is helpful, but be sure to create a branded campaign and target your influencers.
2. Give them something to do: True learning only happens when your audience experiences something! Give them a task, ask something of them, or expect them to bring some valuable insight. Your audiences want to be asked to participate in the process. Give people something to buzz about!
3. Let them have a say: Allow your audience to choose their own path at an event or conference. This goes beyond having them build their agenda through your conference app. Have them build content, change the flow, or collectively decide how they will interact with demos, content, and speakers. Creating unique and personalized content is the only way to authentically target event attendees!
4. Get them talking: A social media wall is one way, of course, but what about in-the-moment engagement? Integrate social media into the program flow so that you are receiving real-time feedback, questions, and comments that will tell you, on the spot, if your message is hitting home.
5. Speak to them: Really interact with them, not just to their heads, and provide content they need. Speak to their hearts as well. We tend to forget that, as professional as we all are, that our audiences come to our events to be moved, informed, and ultimately changed in some way. They want to be enriched and sometimes the answer is not just valuable content, but ideas that move & challenge them!
Different hues & color combinations can support your event’s message by helping to cement ideas or feelings in attendees.
Colors & color schemes create an ambiance at event venues both consciously and unconsciously. At ABCey Events, we have rounded up our top five tips on ways to utilize the psychology of color effectively at your next event!
1. Consider contrast levels
The number of colors and the contrast between them creates different effects. Less variation and low contrast is more calming, while multicolor and high contrast creates a more energetic & vibrant vibe. Consider the theme of your event as well as the season you are planning to have it in. Fall is perfect for burnt orange & brown shades and Spring calls for pastels!
2. Adjust chromas to make the combinations of color work
There are no bad or wrong colors, there are only some unfortunate combinations. The chroma of the color you use will make it right. If you want colors that are more harmonious, or close on the color wheel, you still want contrast to vary their values & accents.
3. Be aware of iconic color combinations
Avoid color schemes that will remind people of different corporations. For example, red and gold could remind attendees of a fast-food place because people have such a connection to the hues you’ve chosen. But if you opt for a rich red and brushed gold, people aren’t going to think McDonald’s. Get creative and mix it up!
4. Always incorporate the corporate color of the host or sponsor
Even if it’s color message is contrary to the event’s message, this is an important tip! The logo color could be used minimally and softly at a corporate meditation session to just punctuate the event, for example.
5. Study successful color messages
The beauty of color is that the more you know, the more you know how to use it. Look at luxury ad campaigns for clues of color palettes that evoke a psychological response, or note the fun, bright colors in kids’ products for examples of what works! Play it up!
HAPPY 4th of July from ABCey Events!!!