Tag: ryan lewis
ABCey’s Weekend Lineup 12.6.13 – 12.8.13
There’s a ton of fun events taking place all over San Francisco this weekend, as usual. We’ve got a holiday tradition at Yerba Buena, a fun athletic event benefiting the Make-A-Wish foundation, a couple of amazing music performances, and of course an awesome vendor fair. Not to mention, we have a special featured event by DISTRIKT that you just can’t miss!
FEATURED EVENT: Distrikt Holidaze Koktail Party | Saturday, December 7 | 161 Erie St | Time to get all gussied up and fancy schmancy! This awesome event boasts a great list of DJ’s to perform including: DJ Kramer, Ben Seagren, Matt Kramer and many more! Better yet, all proceeds go to DISTRIKT and Make-A-Wish Foundation. Make sure to get tickets at a great price online, but don’t worry, because you can still get them at the door! Don’t miss out on this one of a kind holiday event!
1. The Velveteen Rabbit: 25th Anniversary | Friday, December 6 | 11am | Yerba Buena Center for the Arts | Head on down to the Yerba Buena Center for this beloved Bay Area holiday tradition. Told though music, dance and a powerful narrative, The Velveteen Rabbit celebrates the unique relationship between a little boy and his stuffed rabbit, and the enduring power of love. The classic festive costumes and madcap characters definitely bring the perfect amount of holiday cheer!
2. Brave the Bay 2013| Saturday, December 7 | 11am | San Francisco Aquatic Park | Attendees choose which athletic event most appeals to them – or they can participate in all of the activities in the “Santa Triathlon!” Come as a spectator (it’s free to watch) or join the fun to help raise money for Make-A-Wish. You’ll be helping grant wishes for children with life-threatening medical conditions. This active, festive holiday-themed event is perfect for San Franciscans of any age!
3. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Tour | Saturday, December 7 | 8pm | Bill Graham Civic Center | Experience a totally different form of music and appreciate a genre beyond its limitation by getting tickets to this Macklemore and Ryan Lewis show. The duo linked up in order to create their unique debut EP titled VS. Witness the coming together of hot genres such as contemporary, and Hip-Hop while also experiencing other less familiar genres. It’s definitely a show you wouldn’t want to miss!
4. Lights Down Low | Saturday, December 7 | 10pm | Monarch | This weekend two popular acts, from slightly different spectrums of the musical scale, will come together for an amazing event. Deniz Kurtel, who is a huge fan of Burning Man and is often the featured centerpiece of Wolf + Lamb, is bringing her influences of deep house music. The other act, Pictureplane, will bring his music mixes that include dark synth, new wave, pop and progressive house music. It should be exciting to see how these two artists will work together this weekend.
5. SF Made | Sunday, December 8 | 10am – 5pm | Fort Mason Center | Check out San Francisco’s favorite local holiday fair. You can discover locally made gift items from 50 different vendors including: jewelry, apparel, gourmet gifts, chocolate and more! Also new this year, enjoy hot mulled wine from Sutton Cellars and yummy holiday knishes from King Knish.