Last week, ABCey Events had the pleasure of producing FireEye Inc.’s Guardians of the Galaxy themed party for RSA Conference attendees. We had a blast with FireEye and their guests all night long! Here are our 10 favorite elements that made our Marvel Comics inspired theme fantastic! Check out the full gallery here.
1. Superhero Theme: We were so excited with the ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ theme we practically ran away with it! It was a great way to join old school comic book artistry with new age space hero design. We brushed up on our comic book knowledge as well as made sure to watch recent films, and it resulted in detailed accents fusing together both superhero worlds. We ordered tons of Marvel comic books to disperse around the venue, as well as action figures from Guardians of the Galaxy. We were not surprised that they were all gone by the end of the night!
2. 3D Projection Mannequin Mapping: 3D Projection mapping, LED installations and superhero LED installations, it was all tech and cutting edge for FireEye, renowned for its security. Guests we able to stand in as superhero cyborgs and mapping was used to project those images onto mannequins posed and ready to save the world, showing them just what they’d look like suited up in an Iron Man like costume. View the full gallery of the mannequin mapping results here.
3. Suit Up: What better way to get in the superhero mindset than to watch Catwoman and Black Widow mark their respective territories? Or converse with Supergirl at the door? Guests were delightfully treated to super interactions with superheros and performers spinning LED programmable hoops, spying around the venue as well as just greeting you at the door with a big smile! We loved SpinFX and their superhero inspired LED performances throughout the night.
5. The Green Monster: The Green Monster has been one of the coolest performers we’ve brought to an event at ABCey. The monster performs and dances with guests and is a great piece to get guests talking and interacting at your event. We loved the space monster’s moves on the dance floor as well as ability to get guests moving too! Can you believe that there are two people in there?!
6. Giggle and Riot Photobooth: Giggle and Riot is one of our favorite “fun” booth companies in San Francisco. Outfitted with an awesome customized life-sized comic backdrop and more superhero props than you can imagine, guests were able to pose right in a comic book page and take home the best keepsake, a photo strip of their adventure! Check out that gallery here.
7. Space Themed Arcade: No comic themed party would be complete without a superhero arcade! Guests were delighted to find classic arcade style games ready for them to set highscores on! Games included Galaga, Space Invaders, Area 51, Tron, Star Trek Pinball, and more!
8. Marvel Comic Themed Trivia Game: Lucky guests even got to test their superhero knowledge in a Marvel Trivia themed game. Guests won prizes in a battle of speed and wit hosted by Batman and Robin!
9. Snacks and Treats: After a long day at a conference guests want to kick back, mingle and snack while enjoying delicious drinks. We loved having yummy KIND bars scattered around as well as the fun finger foods provided by Temple SF. Our favorite drink of the night by far had to be the Malware Margarita complete with Silver Tequila, Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice, Cointreau, and Triple Sec!
10. LED Installations: Our favorite florist and designer, Neil Hunt of Hunt Littlefield created some amazing mixed media installations complete with submersible LED floralytes, bright red Colorfill vase gems, metallic silver balls, action figures & KAPOW signs. No need here for florals with the mostly male tech crowd!
10. DJ: DJ Celeste is one of our favorite ladies on the decks these day, and she brought her tunes to keep guests entertained and dancing all night long. She knows just how to bring the theme into her sets and even spun in some superhero themed tunes throughout the night along with the hottest Top 40 beats and indie-inspired tracks!
The RSA Conference was a successful week long event, and we are thrilled to have helped produce such an awesome RSA Party! We loved FireEye’s theme, as they are superheros who work diligently to protect against cyber attacks to ensure Internet security!
Today marks the first day of the RSA Conference! This yearly event began in 1991 and has become as a forum for cryptographers to gather and share the latest knowledge and advancements in the area of Internet security. The conference is taking place at the Moscone Center and the week will be filled with live keynote sessions, seminars, tutorials, networking and more! Here at ABCey, we are so excited to be producing FireEye’s Guardians of the Galaxy themed event this Wednesday in conjunction with RSA.
With so many opportunities to take advantage of this week, how will you build your schedule? The RSA Conference Mobile App is a great solution! This mobile app allows you to:
- View agenda items and explore sessions
- Build your personal schedule and manage meetings with fellow attendees
- Access speaker profiles, sponsor information, and find networking opportunities
- View interactive maps of the Moscone Center and of the expo floor
- Participate in the conversation on Twitter through the #RSAC stream
- Update – a quick way to share photos, comments, where you are, and which session you’re attending
- Activity – see what other people are doing, view photos of the event, find trending sessions and topics, and “like” and comment on other attendee check-ins
- Agenda – view the full agenda and related information (session time, room number, etc.)
- Attendees – see who is at the event and connect with them through the app
- Sponsors – find sponsors, check-in to leave comments and feedback
- Profile – you have an official app profile which highlights your name, profile photo, title, and company
Here at ABCey, we’ve been counting down the days until San Francisco’s biggest Security event of the year! Next week, we’re excited to be producing a post- conference Guardians of the Galaxy superhero themed event for FireEye, a company leading the way in stopping today’s advanced cyber attacks. For those not familiar with the RSA Conference, it began in 1991 and has become as a forum for cryptographers to gather and share the latest knowledge and advancements in the area of Internet security.
FireEye is the leader in next generation threat protection and has invented a purpose-built, virtual machine-based security platform that provides real-time threat protection to enterprises and governments worldwide against the next generation of cyber attacks. FireEye has over 1,100 customers across more than 40 countries, including over 100 of the Fortune 500, all using their real time technology to protect against major and minor threats.
If you are attending this year’s RSA Conference, be sure to stop by the FireEye booth #2813 next week to learn about their newest programs and products to protect against the ever changing Internet threats.
On Monday night, ABCey was excited to produce Penetralia 2013: Privacy Matters sponsored by SpiderOak and Silent Circle. The event took place in conjunction with the RSA Conference happening this week here in San Francisco. The conference focuses on advances in internet security and cryptography, attracting tech professionals from all over to gather and share the latest advancements in the information security industry.
We were delighted to work with SpiderOak and CEO, Ethan Oberman for this important event. Their service provides a secure, central location to store all of your important data without compromising the privacy of your information. They are different from giants’ Dropbox and Box in that they make data backup, synchronization and sharing 100% private, flexible and secure.
SpiderOak — the ‘Zero-Knowledge’ privacy cloud technologies provider — launched privacy into the mainstream with the unveiling of Crypton, the world’s first ‘Zero-Knowledge’ application framework. Crypton makes it possible to build cryptographically secure applications and push privacy further into the web than previously possible. Their technology offers meaningful privacy assurance to end users because the servers running the application cannot read the data created and stored by the application. It’s the closest thing to storing your information in a locked safe!
This event was also co-sponsored by SilentCircle, a comprehensive suite of simple yet secure tools for your mobile devices that was created by NAVY Seals and Silicon Valley cryptography experts.
Penetralia 2013: Privacy Matters was a great way for professionals in the industry to further the privacy-in-technology conversation. Guests were welcomed with delicious food and signature drinks such as the Encyrpto Sour or the Alice and Bob. The atmosphere was cozy with music provided by DJ Mancub of the beloved San Francisco Space Cowboy dj collective. The walls and ceilings had interactive 3D mapping showing the history and evolution of internet privacy. There was also an experiential display of two boxes entitled “Privacy” and “Security” to emphasize the difference between the two terms.
ABCey Events is proud to present Penetralia 2013: Privacy Matters, on February 25th in San Francisco at an undisclosed “top secret” location. We are very excited to be producing this INVITE ONLY event in conjunction with SpiderOak and Silent Circle; two great companies that are passionate about privacy in the Internet Age. This will be an interactive event to think about, understand and discuss the evolution of privacy and technology. It will run on the 1st day of the RSA Conference that is being held at the Moscone Center on February 25th-March 1st.
SpiderOak is a zero-knowledge encrypted data backup, share, sync, access and storage service and a private alternative to Box and Dropbox. The chief difference between SpiderOak and its competitors, particularly for the security and privacy-conscious, is in how their services treat users data. SpiderOak’s policy is to never know the user’s password or encryption keys, thus preventing anyone at the company from accessing their data for any reason.
Created by Navy SEALs and Silicon Valley cryptography experts, Silent Circle is a global encrypted communications service offering a comprehensive suite of simple yet secure tools for your mobile devices – encrypted video, phone, text and email. Send a private text across town or whisper in someone’s ear a thousand miles away. Silent Circle is revolutionizing how the world communicates – securely.
Are you part of the cloud technology / developer community? Attending RSA? Click here to request an invitation and we look forward to seeing you there! Let us know what Privacy means to you in the comments below or on Facebook & Twitter.