It’s finally here! We are so excited to announce that the Re:Make event is starting TODAY! This two day event at Fort Mason is hosted by Brit+Co. Dubbed by the press as “Silicon Valley’s Martha Stewart,” Brit Morin is the founder & CEO of Brit+Co, an online platform and e-commerce company that inspires and enables the digital generation to make.
Since the start of the company in late 2011, Brit + Co. has attracted millions of people across web and mobile devices. They have partnered with businesses like Pinterest, Intel, Fab, L’Oreal, YouTube, UNIQLO, Alloy Media, 3M, Nikon and more. Brit has also been featured in publications like the Los Angeles Times, Huffington Post, People, Lucky, Forbes, Parade, USA Today and Fortune. She is a regular DIY/lifestyle correspondent on The Today Show and is the tech correspondent for Katie Couric’s daytime talk show, Katie, nationally syndicated on ABC.
Day 1, today, is invite only and will feature creative leaders for an intimate conversation about how technology is changing creative industries. We have speakers like Chris Anderson, Ayah Bdeir, Aaron de Simone, Bridget Dolan and many more all making appearances!
Day 2, Saturday, October 5th, is FREE and open to the public! Join us and shop from nearly 1oo local makers and attend free hands-on DIY workshops!
If you aren’t coming today, we hope to see you Saturday! Let us know what you’re most excited for about this event in a comment or on Facebook or Twitter! Stay updated with ABCEy’s blog for more posts on our upcoming events, event ideas and tech news!
The weekend is almost here! Get though these last couple days by checking out ABCey’s weekend lineup, the events we are most excited for this weekend.
1. Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival | Friday, October 4th – Sunday, October 6th | 11 a.m – 7 p.m. | Golden Gate Park | Hardly Strictly is back! With over 90 bands, this has become the largest free music festival in the county. Make sure you check out the lineup on the event website so you don’t miss your favorites!
2. Re:Make by Brit + Co | Friday, October 4th – Saturday, October 5th | 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. | Fort Mason | We are SO excited because the Re:Make by Brit + Co is finally here! Day one is exclusive, consisting of dozens of guest speakers including Jess Lee from Polyvore, Jennifer Hyman from Rent the Runway, and Susan Gregg Koger from Modcloth. Day two is an artisan craft fair open to the public, where over 90 vendors will be showcasing their crafts. Make sure you stop by on the second day, it’s going to be a lot of fun!
3. Sunset Season Closer | Sunday, October 6th | 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. | Stafford Lake, Novato | Come celebrate the last warm days of summer with live entertainment, and a party at Monarch afterwards. There’s no cover charge, but there is a parking fee.
4. Oaktoberfest Beer Festival | Saturday, October 5th | All Day | Dimond District, Oakland | This family friendly beer festival includes live entertainment, an amateur skate competition, German food, and of course a biergarten. The event is free to get into, but make sure to bring money for beer and food.
5. First Fridays Art Crawl | Friday, October 4th | North Beach | 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. | Every first Friday of the month, art galleries, museums, bars, and restaurants in North Beach stay open late for self guided tours. There are over a dozen participants, including Focus Gallery, Live Worms, and Park and Pond.
We are SO excited to finally announce our collaboration with Brit.co to produce the RE:MAKE Event! Put this on your calendars now because you will not want to miss this!!
This two-day event will be held at the fabulous and iconic Fort Mason Festival Pavilion. Day 1 is set up as a conference with tons of innovative speakers, like Randi Zuckerberg and 3D printing master Christ Anderson, to spark a discussion about technology’s effect on the creative world. Day 1 will cover many of the themes Brit.co’s website explores, such as DIY, fashion, tech, and lifestyle. The first day is invitation-only; to request your invite, click here.
You’ll definitely want to snag a pass for Day 2 if you’re a lover of all things creative and fun! RE:MAKE opens up for a public, free convention with over 100 artisans and makers stations ranging from jewelry design to 3D printers. You can easily spend the entire weekend feeding your creative side surrounded by one-of-a-kind crafters and industry leaders!