New trends in projection mapping & lighting make events immersive and interactive for any sized audience! From lasers, to 3D projection mapping, to motorized lights, these trends will blow your mind and create a memorable event that your guests will never forget!
1. Motorized Lighting Structures
No matter how big your event is, Motorized lights are a great way to involve your whole audience and make them feel closer to the center of the event! These funky and fun lights will bring your event to the next level!
Lasers will enhance any event! They have the ability to sync with your music, be programmed to draw shapes, project basic images on surfaces, and extend across your entire audience! Who wouldn’t want lasers at their event?
3. LED Beam/Spots
Whether it is a corporate event or a night out with friends, LED beam/spot lights make the experience colorful and fun! LED Beams/Spots are immersive lights that are placed on a beam and then programmed with colors, positions, cues, and patterned motions. These dynamic lights bring the room to life!
4. 3D Projection Mapping
3D projection maps are a must have at every event! The projection maps light onto 3D objects to bring them to life as engaging displays. These extraordinary displays make a great fit for reveals, brand launches, all kinds of presentations, concerts, entertainment events and corporate events! Not to mention, they’re fun and cool to look at!
5. Sports Arena Projection Mapping & Lighting
Make any sports game more interactive and fun by adding projection lighting! Use these lights to entice more people to buy tickets and boost sales! Projection lighting can be used after a goal is scored, an exciting half-time show and so much more!
6. Hologram Videos
7. Interactive Projection Mapping
Interactive projection mapping is the perfect addition to any event! This new technology is the best way to get guest’s feedback as well as engage with your audience!
TDC presents the newest updates in projection fabrics: GostMesh! This incredible new technology combined with projection allows for a one of a kind experience. GostMESH creates bright moving images that are sure to make your event venue pop!
9. Architectural Video Mapping
Make your next event an experience your guests will never forget! Architectural video mapping will make your event an out of this world experience by transforming the event venue into absolutely anything you want!
10. Neon Black Lights
Neon UV Black lights makes any event venue extraordinary! Turn your bland ordinary event space into a funky glow in the dark black light party!
On Wednesday, May 10th, 2017 nearly 250 people turned out to the Contemporary Jewish Museum in San Francisco to honor UpStart Founder Toby Rubin for the UpStart 10x Event, and celebrate the future of Jewish innovation! ABCey Events had the honor of producing this exciting evening filled with live art, important discussions, yummy food, interesting people, projection mapping, amazing music, and much more! Here’s our Top 10 countdown of all of the amazing things that contributed to this successful San Francisco event!
1. The Question of the Night: How Will We Build The Jewish Community We Want To See In 2027?
2. Live Artwork/ Visual Thinking by Melinda Walker of One Squiggly line, asking the question of the night!
4. UpStart Founder and Honoree Toby Rubin takes the stage and gives a heartfelt speech!
5. UpStarter talking about his experience and tossing around a Catchbox microphone!
6. Illuminated bars by Blueprint Studios honoring the evenings sponsors.
8. Music and Beats provided by DJ Chris Clouse and Sax Player from M83.
10. Photobooth by The Bosco and our fabulous custom props!
On behalf of ABCey Events, we’d like to extend a huge thank you to Jaime Rappaport Barry, Aaron Katler, and the whole UpStart Team for working so hard along side us to make this event a successful one! What was your favorite part of UpStart 10x? Leave us a comment here or find us on Facebook or Twitter!
It’s Thursday, and you know what that means…ABCey Events has the Weekend Lineup with a list of the top 5 Bay Area Weekend events! We have everything from a 10 Hour Dance Event and Rum Festival to a Rooftop Party and of course the start of Burning Man. Don’t miss out on these fun events going on Friday til’ Sunday!
Top 5 Bay Area Weekend Events
Fri 8/26/16 and Sat 8/27/16| 5pm – 3am | 21+, no ins & outs| $20 tickets here, cash only at event | SF Mint
Celebrate the end of the work week this Friday! Get the party started with 10 hours of fun, food, drinks, and dance! First, walk into a projection-mapped courtyard and enjoy happy hour drinks from 5pm-10pm! Then, head down to the SF Mint building basement and dance til the wee hours of the morning! With world class DJs, amazing food from The Midway’s own Madame Zola’s Fortune Cafe, and top of the line art performances, you’ll be entertained all night long! Get to this “once in a lifetime” event!
Fri 8/26/16 to Sat 8/27/16| Fri 2pm – Sat 6pm | 21+ | $5-$130, Buy tickets here | SOMA Cultural Center
Like rum? Then get to this Bay Area Weekend Event? This festival will give you a chance to taste new rums, discover new brands, attend rum seminars and enjoy great music! You’ll also learn history behind rum and how to differentiate the different grades of rum. But hurry, tickets are only on sale for a limited time!
Sat 8/27/16| 4pm-7pm | $25, Buy tickets here | 620 Jones, SF
Meet and mingle with some of the best and brightest professionals and alumni! Don’t skip this popular event to network and connect with other business individuals! There will be plenty of cocktails, and if you’re hungry, there’s a great restaurant downstairs! Also, make sure you stick with the dress code and wear white to celebrate the summer with a fabulous view!
Sat 8/27/16 and Sun 8/28/16| 11am – 5pm | FREE | Ghirardelli Square
Love Etsy as much as we do? Then get to Ghirardelli Square this Sunday to check out over 60 local Etsy artisans. While you shop, grab some of the world famous chocolate and ice cream. If that wasn’t enough, you can hop over to the Lagunitas Beer Garden! There you can sip on some great beer, enjoy great views of the Bay Area, fulfill your sweet tooth, and shop til’ you drop! What more could you ask for?
Sun 8/28/16 til Mon 9/5/16| 10am – 12pm | $390+ tickets here | Black Rock Desert, NV
Join over 70k people in one of the most hyped and talked about radical events of the year! Explore with others a magical and unique experience full of music, art, and wonder. Explore the theme camp’s various bars, dj’s, workshops, and open mics, or try some flaming Skee-ball, check out the Hall of Mirrors, or the DIY movie theater! Stop by Center Camp for performances and galleries, the French Quarters Camp for elegant cocktails, sweets, and custom soaps, the Thunderdome for sword fighting, or the Firehouse Camp to paint. And, be sure to hop on an art car!
Tech Tuesday highlights the best and brightest ideas in the tech world. ABCey would like to recognize these up and coming technologies for their innovative ideas and impact on the event world!
Event planners aim to pull your ideas together and create the perfect atmosphere. Event lighting can be a cost-effective and versatile solution when you are looking to transform your venue from drab to fab with rich beautiful color! In recent years, event lighting has advanced miles by utilizing wireless Light Emitting Diodes (LED). LED has been around for a long time but now, they are more affordable than ever thanks to efficient manufacturing technology. There are many options out there, but we have compiled highlights of some of the newest tech and trends in Lighting
1. LED lights: These are commonly used and are the backbone to event decor for up-lighting along the walls, or pinspotting buffets, spotlights, etc. Eco-Shift Power announced earlier this week its revolutionary highbay LED fixture, the most energy efficient LED fixture on the market with increased strength to powerfully light any area. These wireless lights are battery powered and remote controlled, removing the hassle of hidden wires or tripped-over tape trails. LED lights come in every color under the rainbow and can be combined to perfectly match event colors. These lights are also eco-friendly, which we always love!
2. Intelligent Lighting: This is the next step up from standard wall or overhead lighting and can make your event come to life by using the most up to date technology, moving heads and scanners. Movings heads are lights that have the ability to change colors and patters. They offer more movement in the head than scanners do, but scanners feature a moving mirror that can project patterns and colors through the room. Moving lights are great to match a beat or spark the audience’s interest.
3. Gobo’s: Another tech we have fun with at events utilizing gobos, a pattern cut out that fits over the light, and adds visual interest and depth to the lighting design because any image can be transformed into lighted wall art. Try plastic gobo’s, a welcome diversion from bank-breaking glass or steel gobos, previously the only material of gobo that allowed for a full spectrum of color.
4. RGB Lighting: We love what 3form is doing with RGB lighting technology. The company uses translucent materials to create color lighted walls and sections, which can be utilized to make subtle ambience or bright statements.
5. 3-D Projection Mapping: Last, and certainly not least (actually our favorite) is 3-d projection mapping, featured recently on CNN for spectacular video projections. Projection mapping uses a projector to map light onto ANY surface, instead of traditional uses that limit the images to a flat screen. This allows everyday images to turn into a 3-d display. In the event world, planners use this to showcase products, decorate and turn free space into an interactive, fascinating display!
ABCey utilized 3-d projection mapping at one of our most recent events, Guardians of the Galaxy for FireEye. It allowed us to project cyborgs onto mannequin bodies with different guests faces! It turned out really cool, and the attendees loved it! There are so many innovative applications of 3-d projection mapping, and it is sure to be a hit at any event!