It’s all about spreading the LOVE this weekend. ABCey brings you this week’s San Francisco Weekend Lineup with our fave Pride weekend festivities happening here in the Bay Area!
Pride Festival and Parade
It’s back! The pride festival and parade is one of the biggest events of the year! The Pride festivities include a two-day celebration and rally at San Francisco’s Civic Center that concludes with the big parade Sunday, June 30. Come along and be part of the festivities at the 49th annual Pride Festival and Parade!
When: June 29th-30th | 10am-6pm | Civic Center Plaza and surrounding Downtown area | Cost: Free
Pink Mammoth Block Party
Continue the pride spirit with the best party in town, the 7th annual Pink Mammoth Summertime Block Party! Located in the heart of Downtown San Francisco, this year will feature musical stylings from THE DUSTY RHINO and different food trucks. Don’t forget to wear all the pink you own.
When: June 29th | 12pm-10pm | Mint Plaza | Cost: $15-$35
El Rio’s annual Pride Parade after-party is a night of dancing outside to hip-hop, dance hall and Latin grooves. Also, you can keep the party going as you groove to the music inside ALL night long. Furthermore, free barbecue, treats and other pride goodies to fuel you up through the night.
When: June 29th-June 30th | 6pm-2am | El Rio (3168 Mission St.) | Cost: $20 at the door
Come join 60,000 attendees to celebrate the 43rd annual San Francisco International LGBTQ+ Film Festival. This 11 day celebration that started on June 20th will be wrapping its last show this Sunday, June 30th. Come for the premieres, parties, panels, stars, and more and embrace the spectrum of identities that make up LGBTQ+ communities worldwide!
When: June 20th-30th | Times Vary for Different Shows| Various Venues | Cost: Various | https://www.frameline.org/festival/film-guide-x3759
Identify and Pride: Youth Art Show
This exhibition from youth members of the Boys & Girls Club of San Francisco’s Citywide Arts Programs, reinvent the iconic rainbow flag in honor of SF’s 49th annual LGBTQ Pride Parade and Celebration. It gives us a glimpse of youths living in Bayview-Hunters Point, the Tenderloin, the Mission, Excelsior and the Western Addition of San Francisco, while exploring themes of gender, sexual identity, love and community.
When: June 18th-July 14th |11am-6pm | Yerba Buena Center for the Arts | Cost: Free with registration
If you’re interested in learning more about events we’ve done for other San Francisco startups or other Fortune 500 companies, click here.
Pride is finally here! ABCey has a list of 10 tips that will help you survive and make the best out of this weekend full of love and festivities!
1. Sun Protection
Afternoons in our foggy city may be cool, but be sure to put on some sun protection (sunscreen, lip balm, sunglasses) before you leave the house to avoid some nasty sun burns!
2. Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate
We may not even know it, but it’s easy to become dehydrated when we spend the day dancing and keeping up with our favorite floats at Pride! Don’t forget to bring your own Hydro Flask water bottle to save a few bucks and to stay well-hydrated.
3. Bring Ca$h
Many local vendors will be at Pride, so be sure to bring some cash to support your LGBTQ-friendly businesses in case they don’t accept credit cards!
4. Phone Charger
You’re going to be taking pictures and videos all day, so make sure you bring a portable charger so that you don’t run out of juice. Snap away!
You won’t worry about losing your phone or any of your free Pride swag when you put it in a cute bag!
6. Comfortable Shoes
We all have those super shoes that we’re dying to wear out, but opt for your comfiest shoes because you’ll be on your feet all day!
7. Add Some Rainbows!
What Pride outfit is complete without rainbows? Whether it’s on an umbrella or on your socks, add a rainbow for a little more fun!
If you don’t have the perfect outfit for Pride yet, don’t worry! Rainbow glitter is the ultimate makeshift outfit! Cover yourself in glitter and head out to the parade! What else could you possibly need?!
9. Pride Balloons
What’s more fun than balloons? Use rainbow balloons to accessorize your outfit or to just carry around the parade!
10. Bring Your Friends!
Friends make any event better! Round up all your closest friends to eat amazing food and to make memories you’ll talk about for years!
For more pride-inspired fun, ABCey Events has a Pre-Pride Checklist for you!
It all about LOVE this weekend! ABCey brings you the Weekend Lineup for the best pride events happening in the Bay Area! Let’s kick it off with a sunset cruise and end with the annual Pride Parade!
Weekend Lineup: Gay Pride Sunset Cruise
June 23rd | 6-10pm | General Admission $65 | Pier 40, 89 King Street San Francisco, CA 94107
On Friday evening the Pride Sunset Cruise will set sail past and underneath the Golden Gate Bridge and San Francisco Skyline. The cruise will also be stocked with a full bar and DJ! Spread the love and don’t miss this awesome event with a beautiful view and great music!
19th Annual Pride Brunch
June 24th | 11am-2pm | General Admission $75 |Hotel Whitcomb, 1231 Market Street San Francisco, CA 94103
Come brunch for a good cause at the annual 19th Pride Brunch. There will be auctions, raffle prizes and unlimited gourmet buffet.. yum! Whats even better is the proceeds will go to support the SF-based Positive Resource Center!
Pride at the Armory
June 24th | 9pm-4am | General Admission $75 |The Armory, 333 14th Street San Francisco, California 94110
Pride at the Armory will be the biggest pride party in SF history! There will be lots of dancing, music, and cocktails.
June 24th&25th | 12-6pm | Free Admission | Civic Center Plaza
The Pride Celebration is one of the biggest events this weekend! This two day event will be filled with inspirational speakers, performers, music, and more! Don’t miss this!
June 25th |10:30am | Free Admission | Market Street from Beale to 8th
This weekend will end with the world-famous parade! The Pride Parade will have over 240 parade contingents celebrating the LGBT community and diversity. Be apart of the thousands attending the 47th Annual Pride parade this year!
This weekend we are in celebration mode as we commemorate a landmark victory to the gay-rights movement striking down a federal law that denies benefits to same-sex married couples. Go Cali! Per usual, there are tons of great events happening all over San Francisco that you don’t want to miss, including SF Pride (what impeccable timing)! ABCey invites you to put your computer down and enjoy the weekend activities!
1. San Francisco LGBT Pride – June 29-30, 2013- Downtown and Castro Valley San Francisco, CA. -With over 200 parade contingents, 300 exhibitors, and more than 20 stages and venues, the San Francisco LGBT Pride Celebration and Parade is the largest LGBT gathering in the nation. This is a celebration that will go down in history because of recent marriage act that was passed early this week. “San Francisco Pride has been said to be one of the last remaining pride events that can truly be called a rite of passage.”
2. Pinot Days San Francisco 2013– Sunday June 30, 2pm-5pm-Fort Mason Center San Francisco, CA- Pinot Days celebrates the amazing noble grape in all its gloriously diverse styles, and this year’s offering is more broad and complete than ever. Over 140 artisan winemakers representing every domestic pinot noir region will pour the fruits of their craft, each sharing their unique interpretation of pinot noir and the stories of their winemaking. Drink, Laugh and enjoy this delicious wine festival in beautiful Fort Mason!
3. Treasure Island Flea Market, Summer Kick Off -June 29-30, 2013- Treasure Island Great Lawn San Francisco, CA-The Treasure Island Flea is the last weekend of the month year round and features hundreds of local crafters, makers, and collectors. This flea market is know for its live music and beautiful views of the Bay. Free Parking with $3 dollars admission and kids 12 and under are free!
4. Wine Tasting at San Francisco’s Winery-Friday, Jun 28 12:00p to 5:00p- Winery SF 200 California Ave, Bldg. 180 North San Francisco, CA -Enjoy wine tasting at The Winery SF in their stunning tasting room & event venue. SF winery brings the ultimate “California wine experience” to San Francisco allowing visitors to see the winemaking process first-hand and experience highly rated boutique wines from a team of top winemakers from Napa, Sonoma & beyond. Tastings start at $10. Group Tours, Tastings & Barrel Sampling Available.
5. Startup Founder Boot Camp– June 29, 2013 1pm to 5pm- Sandbox Suites 567 Sutter St San Francisco, CA. -Starting your own business? Why should you go in it alone when there are expert resources at your fingertips? If you are looking to learn from experts and get advice about your startup, look no further. Sandbox Suites has pulled together the best guys in the startup world to teach you what you need to know before you embark on the road to success. This workshop is for entrepreneurs, founders of startups or for anyone that is interested in learning successful business tips.