Though it’s a gloomy day in San Francisco, the weekend is supposed to clear up in time for some great events. We’ve gathered up tech events for the techies, a festival for the wine lovers, and of course the legendary Bay to Breakers marathon!
1. Pitch Night! | May 16th | Spear St | Connect with Silicon Valley’s community of entrepreneurs and Google Developers. Pitch Night is your opportunity to meet people from the valley and around the world, pitch your ideas, form teams, and take the first steps at making your idea viable. This is a one night event, unlike a typical Startup Weekend event is only 5 hours.
2. Digitally Chic Meetup: Spring Fever | May 16th | The View @ The Marriott Marquis | Meet and mingle with all of the fashion geeks you’ve been sharing tech & fashion news within the DC group. This is a perfect opportunity to network and bond with people with whom you share a common interest.
3. “Feel the Music” Music & Tech | May 17th | North Beach | “Feel the Music” is a two-day forum on music and the science of how it produces emotion. A 3D, ambisonic sound studio helps make decisions in architecture, urban planning, and multimedia art, while new devices like the MobileMuse estimate the emotional impact of a live performance.
4. 2013 Uncorked San Francisco Wine Festival | May 18th | Ghirardelli Square | The eighth annual Uncorked Wine Festival is a free all day festival in Ghirardelli Square with live music, wine seminars and chef demonstrations by renowned Bay Area chefs. Beach Street will be closed to traffic for the event to provide room for over 40 Northern California wineries, breweries and other merchants. Wine and other vendors will be showcased throughout the courtyards of Ghirardelli Square as well.
5. Bay to Breakers | May 19 | The Embarcadero to Ocean Beach | Each year the race is a glorious celebration of the human spirit – a giant wave of athleticism, fun, frivolity, and determination flowing across the City from the Bay to the Pacific Ocean. In the true spirit of San Francisco the race is a celebration for everyone. Thousands of costumed participants join with families, and weekend runners and walkers.