Not all “kid themed” activities have to be just for kids. ABCey found a way to make some of the most childish of activities the most fun for you and your friends and family. From an adult goodie filled piñata to a “boozy popsicle,” we promise you’ll have more fun than any child would with these adult party activities.
1. Slip n Slide
Don’t just have some friends over for a pool day, have an all out water party! Break out those swim suits, rent an inflatable slip n slide, fill up water balloons, and get out those water guns. Fill the day with different water games to get the competive juices flowing. We promise it’s way more fun as an adult.
2. Paint Twister
Get messy and add paint to your twister board. Have everyone come in white clothes and get colorful with paint on this classic childhood game. And hey, we won’t judge you if you make it a drinking game too.
Piñatas aren’t just for kids and candy. Buy a pretty party piñata and instead fill it with adult goodies like mini alcohol bottles, lottery scratchers, LED sunglasses, gift cards, and anything else inappropriate you can think of! Everyone will have a blast hitting the piñata and will be fighting to see who can collect the most Jose Cuervo bottles!
4. Giant Jenga
If your looking for a fun DIY project and party activity, giant jenga is just for you! Get out those power tools and sharpies. After constructing the blocks, write questions or activities on each block! It will be a blast for your guests, and it is sure to get them laughing.
5. Hamster Balls
Rent and jump into these inflatable balls! You have to admit, these look like the most fun thing you’ve seen in your adult life. Be the actual bowling ball in a game of bowling or challenge your friend to a sumo match. Don’t worry, you’ll have plenty of protection, but we can’t promise your competitor won’t pout if you beat them.
6. Boozy Popsicles
Popsicles aren’t just a kid favorite, give them an adult twist and serve them at your next summer party! With flavors like strawberry champagne, tequila mango with chile, and blackberry chèvre bourdon, they are sure to get everyone’s taste buds singing and the party going! For a full list of flavor options and recipes click here!
We all know that planning events can get costly, so why not save some $$$’s and make a few things on your own! Creating your own decor saves cash, gives the event a personal touch and is tons of fun! Here are a few of ABCey’s favorite DIY’s that you can try for your next event!
1. Glitter Letter Banner | Use these signs to direct guests to food or the event. They would look great for bride and groom chairs or your upcoming holiday party.
2. Outdoor Cabana | Outdoor events are always fun, but give your guests a beautiful place in the shade to hang out when it gets to warm.
3. Tissue Paper Flowers | A cheaper alternative to real flowers, these tissue paper flowers are super easy and look great at any party.
4. Glitter Mason Jars | Not only are these beautiful alone, but put a candle in them at night and the reflection they make is amazing.
5. Gilded Piñata Makeover | This piñata makeover is so simple and let’s you have a piñata that fits your party theme.
6. Hand Dotted Tumblers | You can buy glasses at the dollar store and transform them for dirt cheap! These tumblers are a great addition to any party.
7. Tassel Garland | Not only do these look great at an event, but they also look great as a decoration at home. (Our’s is above our desk!)
8. Coasters | Every event has some sort of beverage, so save your furniture by offering these natural coasters to guests.
9. Bottle Cap Candles | These candles burn a little over an hour, so they’re a great quick fix for any party and look cute scattered about.
10. Squash Bowling | If you’re having an outdoor event, keep guests entertained with this fun homemade game of bowling.
We love all different kinds of events, but a Cinco de Mayo fiesta always seems to be near the top of the list when it comes to our favorite reasons to celebrate! There’s something about margaritas in May that just feels right. ABCey has compiled a list of things you’ll need this Sunday to throw the ultimate Cinco de Mayo fiesta!
1. Tasty drinks
2. Festive decorations
Not all of us are super creative, but here are decorating ideas to get you started!
3. Great food
There are TONS of great recipes all over the web! We found a site with 20 Recipes for Cinco de Mayo.
4. Fun games
No fiesta would be complete without a piñata. If you’ve never made your own before, this is the perfect excuse to get creative! Here’s 20 Creative Ways To Make A Piñata.
5. Mariachi music