Tech Tuesday highlights the best and brightest ideas in the tech world. ABCey would like to recognize these up and coming companies for their innovative ideas and ability to think outside the box!
When you have a problem that you need to solve, who you gonna call? That’s right- Palantir! This software company grew from startup to International corporation with their data analysis software, and they say they can solve your hardest problems.
Palantir, the 2012 Crunchie Award runner-up for “Best Overall Startup,” is a Palo Alto-based company founded by Stanford and PayPal alums well-versed in anti-fraud systems. In fact, PayPal technology to detect fraudulent activity was the basis for their software concept. The Palantir team believes the most effective way to defeat an adversary like a fraudulent hacker isn’t just with Artificial Intelligence but with human analysts. We applaud this company for recognizing that human data analysts are the best way to combat human frauds!
The U.S. Intelligence Community, the Department of Defense, and the Armed Forces are amongst Palantir’s clientele. So far, their technologies and data solutions have been used to combat terrorism, prosecute crimes, eliminate waste, and more! It’s easy to see that this company thinks of themselves as modern superheroes with their bold and altruistic uses for technology and product names like “Palantir Gotham.” Palantir aims to use its technology for good around the world alongside the likes of Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne.
It’s only one week away until The Crunchies 2012! At ABCey, we’re excited to see what fun surprises the planners will have for the attendees. Of course, we’re also dying to find out is the results! Here are the finalists for the most coveted award of Best Overall Startup of 2012…
1. Fab: See last week’s Crunchies Coverage on Best E-Commerce Application
2. Github: Github has created the perfect niche for itself in the Age of Startups. GitHub is a (virtual) place where friends, co-workers, classmates, and even strangers can share code with each other. The goal is to encourage people (over two million as of right now) to code, build, and create things together. Github offers a multitude of collaborative features on their desktop and mobile applications which is revolutionizing the way individuals and teams can improve on code writing.
3. Instagram: Instagram describes itself as a “fast, beautiful and fun way to share your photos with friends and family.” Instagram allows you to take a picture with your smartphone, choose from one of many fun, interesting filters to transform its look and feel, then post to Instagram. You can instantly share your photo on Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr so picture-taking becomes a social activity! Everyone is a photographer with Instagram.
4. Palantir: Palantir is smart. Palantir’s creation is a high-powered analysis platform that can scan multiple databases simultaneously primarily geared toward providing a tool for government officials and corporations to tackle complex problems. Essentially for Palantir, “data matters” and their goal, as it seems, is to try to relate to the rest of us why it does matter.
5. Square: Hook your Square up to your iPhone, Android or iPad and instantly you have a tool that allows you to collect cash, credit or debit for your mobile/small mobile business. Square has truly transformed the way individuals and small organizations can do business.