From short films to craft beers, San Francisco October 16 – 19, 2014 is full of events to see, taste, and hear! ABCey’s Weekend LineUp will reveal the most bumping beats and tastiest treats for you to enjoy this weekend.
SF International Festival of Short Films
Thursday, October 16th to Saturday, October 18th | 7PM – 11PM; 5PM start time on Saturday | Roxie Theater| $11.50 per session
Noe Valley Harvest Festival
Saturday, October 18th | 10AM – 5PM | 24th Street between Sanchez and Church Streets | FREE
This family friendly event offers endless amounts of fun with a Costume Contest for pets and kids, a pumpkin patch, face painters and live music on two stages!
San Francisco Craft Beer Festival – Fall Harvest
Saturday, October 18th | 1PM – 4:30PM or 6PM – 9:30PM (two sessions) | Herbst Pavillion, Fort Mason Center | $60.77
75 breweries with 150 different beers will be ready for tasting at this year’s SF Craft Beer Festival – Fall Harvest! With unlimited 2 oz tastings of this extensive variety from breweries all over the United States, which will be your favorite?
Treasure Island Music Festival
Saturday, October 18th to Sunday, October 19th | 12PM – 11PM | Treasure Island | $160 2-Day Regular Ticket
Head over to Treasure Island for this two-day music festival which will include live music, gourmet food, and fun activities! The 2014 lineup includes Janelle Monáe, Zedd, Massive Attack, and Outkast!
Haight Ashbury House Tours
Sunday, October 19th | 1PM – 5PM | Haight Ashbury | $51.80
Haight Ashbury has the largest number of Victorian houses in all of San Francisco and this Sunday, you have the chance to enter and explore these quintessential SF houses throughout a 9-block radius!
Here at ABCey, we are always excited when the weekend comes around, and we’re sure you are too! There are some great events taking place all throughout the Bay Area, including music festivals and lots of food. No matter what you choose to do, it’s sure to be a great time!
Featured Event: BottleRock Festival | Friday, May 30 – Sunday, June 1 | Napa Valley | This is the second year of this feature music festival in Napa Valley including 60 bands with tons of wine, food, and beer. The lineup is sure to please any type of music taste with favorites including Outkast, Eric Church, Matt and Kim, and more! Even if the music isn’t enough for you, the signature local food will definitely draw your taste buds in. The food offerings range from sushi to barbecue, and everything in between. Single and 3-day passes are still available for $279.
1. Off the Grid Twilight at the Presidio | Thursday, May 29th | 5-9pm | Main Post Lawn Presidio | Here is a great example of why we love the Bay Area! Off the Grid is a reoccurring event every Thursday until June 26th and is the perfect excuse to leave work a little early this week. This event is free to the public and includes lantern-lit cabanas, campfires complete with relaxing Adirondack chairs, and plenty of food trucks. Come out and relax with family and friends while listening to the free music and taking in a leisurely summer evening.
2. Start Up and Tech Mixer | Friday, May 30th | 5 – 10pm | W Hotel, SF | This event is a great chance to network with other individuals in the tech industry and create a shared network of ideas. We’re very excited about the Start Up and Tech Mixer which will include a variety of speakers and areas for networking with other tech professionals. It’s sure to be a great time with a wide range of participants, food and drinks, and professional development. The event keeps the best of what tech conferences offer to bring a unique tech event to the industry.
3. Chocolate and Chalk Art Festival | Saturday, May 31st | 10am – 5pm |Gourmet Ghetto, Berkeley | This event is a chocolate lover’s dream with the acclaimed Gourmet Ghetto supporting local business and art at the same time! Buy tickets for the variety of dessert offerings and then sample unique chocolate, which will include: goat cheese truffles, a variety brownies, Oreo shakes, Caribbean chocolate soup, and more. The chalk art portion will include a contest between contestants on the sidewalks and will add a fun interactive flare for the event attendees. We’re jealous of all those that will make it out to Berkeley to sample these tasty chocolate dishes!
4. Live 105’s BFD | Sunday, June 1st | 11 am | Shoreline Amphitheatre | We are excited about this Sunday’s concert at Shoreline Amphitheatre for Live 105’s 20th annual BFD concert! The lineup is unique with bands ranging from Foster the People and M.I.A. to Fitz and the Tantrums. This is sure to be a fun-filled day with live music and dancing to pass your Sunday. Tickets are still available and range from $47 for grass seating to $285 center stage. Check out the lineup this Sunday!
5. Walking Distance Dance Festival | Friday, May 30 – Saturday, May 31 | Friday @ 7:30pm & Saturday @ 4pm | Locations Vary | Here is a unique chance to see dance performances outside the theatre! This weekend marks the start of the Walking Distance Dance Tour that will lead its participants throughout the Mission district watching a variety of top dance companies perform. It will be a distinct chance to view a variety of dance styles and blends of music. We’re sure this will be a great way to gain a different perspective of the city with it’s blend of dance, music, and architecture.