Feeling the post-holiday blues? No worries, ABCey‘s ABCey’s Weekend Lineup: 7/8/16 – 7/10/16 will give you lots of ideas to make this next one just as fun! From red panda acrobats to free Ghirardelli sundaes, we’ve compiled a list of 5 Bay Area events for you and your friends!
Events for this weekend:
Friday, July 8th, 2016 | 4pm-9pm | Pier 70 | Free (donations appreciated)
Start your Friday off at Pier 70! Pier 70 is celebrating the launch of their 18 hole Miniature Golf Course. The miniature golf course will be open on the weekends throughout the month of July and August. So come on out and enjoy free live music, dance performances, shopping opportunities and of course, food! Happy Celebrating!
Friday, July 8th, 2016 | 11-11:30 am & 12:15-12:45 pm | Yerba Buena Gardens, SF | Free
Bring your family to watch the Red Panda Acrobats this upcoming Friday! Specifically designed for kids and families, the Yerba Buena Children’s Garden gives you two free shows to enjoy. By bringing the ancient art of Chinese acrobatics to you, the Red Panda Acrobats will be sure to amaze all viewers with their exceptional and jaw-dropping athletic ability, traditional Chinese music, and dazzling costumes!
Friday, July 8th, 2016 | 6pm-9:30pm | Mission Cultural Center for Latino Arts| $10
Celebrate Frida Kahlo’s 109th birthday at the Mission Cultural Center for Latino Arts! Stop by for a fun-filled evening of Mezcal Tasting, Frida art raffles, Frida Fashion from Frida’s Closet, Salsa dancing with Susana y su Orquesta Adelante, local vendors and birthday cake! Also, don’t forget to wear flowers in your hair! Buy your tickets here.
Saturday, July 9th, 2016 | 1pm-2pm | South San Francisco Main Library| Free
Come watch Tracey Hill’s Fur, Scales, and Tails Animal Show at the Community Learning Center in South San Francisco this Saturday! Take this chance to pet some of your favorite animals and catch them perform some fun and exciting tricks! Not only is this event free of charge, but visitors are also encouraged to take pictures and film throughout the entire show.
Sunday, July 10th, 2016 | 10am-12pm | Ocean Beach (Stairwell 17)| Free
Spend your Sunday morning with a beach cleanup at Ocean Beach and a free Ocean Beach Salted Caramel Sundae at the end! In order to help raise awareness about protecting the urban beach, Ghirardelli is partnering up with Surfrider Foundation in providing cleanup volunteers with free Ocean Beach Sundae vouchers. So help your community while satisfying your sweet cravings this weekend!
This weekend is all about loving our beautiful city! Compete to be the cable car champion, beautify the beach, or, in true San Francisco style, get to coding! Whatever you choose, ABCey wishes you a great time this weekend!
1. 50th Cable Car Bell Ringing Contest | Thursday, July 11th | 12:00 p.m. | Union Square| Celebrate one of our city’s most iconic figures, the cable car, with a bell ringing contest! Amateurs are welcome to try first, followed by the big guns (grip men and conductors!) If you work in Union Square, we are so sorry.
2. Salsa Festival on the Fillmore | Friday, July 12th- Saturday, July 13th | 7:30 p.m.- 1:30 p.m. | Fillmore Central Plaza | Get ready to get your groove on! This two-day celebration of salsa dancing features music clubs, retail shops, restaurants, and over 7,000 participants! Grab your dancing shoes, take a lesson or two, and dance the night away on the outdoor dance floor.
3. Tech Carnival | Wednesday, July 17th | 6:00 p.m.- 10:30 p.m. | Candlestick Park | Who wants to ride the Ferris Wheel? Here’s your chance to be a kid again while supporting a fundraiser for the Special Olympics. Go ahead, let loose and get that funnel cake!
4. Ocean Beach Volunteering Party | Saturday, July 13th | 9:00 a.m.- 12:00 p.m. | Ocean Beach | Ben and Jerry’s, as well as other delicious companies, are sponsoring an Ocean Beach clean-up! Come out on Friday to Pier 17 for an ice cream festival and return on Saturday to help your community. What’s better than sweet, sweet service?
5. HackaBLITZ WebRTC Hackathon | Saturday, July 13th | 9:00 a.m.- 2:00 p.m. | Globant San Francisco Offices | Coding and keynote speakers, oh my! Representatives from Disney, Wells Fargo, and more will kick off the day of wedRTC coding and brainstorming. WebRTC is a free, open project that allows users to richly code without plugins, downloads, or installs. Let’s get coding!
Spotlight Event: Lightning in a Bottle | Thursday, July 11th- Monday, July 15th | Lake Skinner, Temecula, CA |
This annual music festival at Lake Skinner is so much more than a music festival. LIB’s activities and performances reflect its mission to support art, sustainability, and music. Lightning in a Bottle is the perfect summer road-trip destination and overall good time!