It’s almost Friday! ABCey brings you the Weekend Lineup for the best upcoming events in the Bay Area! There is everything from music and food festivals to a relaxing Father’s Day bike ride through the San Francisco Zoo!
Weekend Lineup: San Francisco’s World Refugee Day
Friday June 16th | 12-3:30pm | Free Admission | Mission District, 1850 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA
You don’t want to miss San Francisco’s World Refugee Day! It’s fun and it’s for a good cause! The days consists of cultural performances, international food, music, speakers, a talent show, a costume show and more to commemorate the bravery and contributions of refugees!
Saturday June 17th | 12-7pm | General Admission $29 | Potrero Del Sol Park (La Raza), 1500 Utah Street, San Francisco, CA
Phono Del Sol is a music & food festival that has an awesome lineup with 10 bands that will be performing all day long! There will also be 10 food trucks with an assortment of different types cuisine as well as a skate park! This festival is an all-age friendly event that will be the highlight of your weekend!
Presidio Kite Festival
Saturday June 17th | 12pm-5pm | Free Admission | Main Parade Ground, 103 Montgomery St, San Francisco, California 94129
Make your dad feel extra special this year and take him to the Presidio Kite Festival! This family-friendly event is the perfect way to celebrate Father’s Day Weekend! Get your whole family together and head out to Presidio Park for some fun in the sun!
Raise the Temple!
Saturday June 17th | 2-10pm | General Admission $20-$27 | The Midway, 900 Marin Street, San Francisco, CA 94124
This day filled with music, art, and wellness is a fundraiser for the 2017 Temple at Burning Man! Come and show your support the build of the 18th Incarnation of The Burning Man Temple! All profits go to The Temple Build!
North Beach Festival
Saturday and Sunday June 17th-18th | 10am-6pm | Free Admission | Washington Square Park, North Beach District, San Francisco, CA
Don’t miss out on San Francisco’s 63rd annual North Beach Festival! There’s obviously a reason it has been going on for this long! There will be all sorts of foods, a variety of drinks and amazing live entertainment!
Father’s Day Bike About
Sunday June 18th | 8:30am-11:30am | $30 per peddler | San Francisco Zoo, Sloat Blvd & Great Hwy, San Francisco, CA 94132
Bring your family and celebrate Father’s Day with an exciting hour-and-a-half long bike ride through the San Francisco Zoo! Everyone will enjoy seeing all of the exotic zoo animals! Make this Father’s Day one your family never forgets!
Looking for something fun to do this weekend in and around the City? Here at ABCey, we have you covered from electronic picnics to World Cup viewing parties to fun things to do with your dad on Father’s day!
Featured event: Sunset Island |Saturday, June 14|12:00am-9:30pm|Great Lawn, Treasure Island| What better way to celebrate the last official weekend of spring and usher in summer than an outdoor picnic and festival on Treasure Island?! The groovy musical guests include Phuture, Kyle Hall, Beautiful Swimmers, Awesome Tapes From Africa and many more! And the best part of all, the event will be bringing in some of the best local food trucks from around the Bay Area, including Senor Sisig, Mr. Nice, Eat Fuki, Curbside Coffee and Me So Hungry.
1. Waterfront Flicks: Outdoor Film Night |Thursday, June 12|8:00pm|Jack London Square, Oakland| Looking for good movies to watch this summer? Look no further than the kickoff movie night at the Waterfront in Oakland this Thursday evening in Oakland. This is a summer-long-event and is free every Thursday night! For this Thursday evening, they will be showing Gravity, and for the rest of the summer’s movie schedule, check out the website. They show a mix of new and old movies, perfect for everyone to find a movie or two they want to see over the summer!
2. 2014 World Cup Live Outdoor Big Screen Party |Saturday, June 14|9:00am|Civic Center Plaza| In honor of the World Cup “kicking off” this week, there will be an outdoor viewing party taking place in the plaza of the Civic Center! This is an all day and completely free event, so why not take your favorite sports buddies and friends over to the center on Saturday and watch Colombia take on Greece at 9am, Uruguay and Costa Rica at noon and Italy versus Germany at 3pm. This sounds like a great place to get into the soccer spirit and watch the World Cup!
3. Burning Man Precompression |Saturday, June 14|7:00pm-2:00am|8410 Amelia Street, Oakland|With only 81 days left until the renowned Burning Man festival in Black Rock City, Nevada, make sure to head over to Oakland to get a small taste of what is to come! This event is held at NIMBY and is an indoor/outdoor event, with 6 stages of epic beats, art cars, fiery installations and much more. Make sure to get there before 9pm, when tickets only cost $15, after that it bumps up $10 to $25!
4. North Beach Festival |Saturday and Sunday, June 14-15|10:00am-6:00pm|North Beach District, San Francisco|North Beach is celebrating its 60th annual festival this year. This two day event is free and welcomes you to come and explore! During these two days, the streets of North Beach shut down while food vendors, artists, musicians and craft vendors flood the area. Lovingly known as the Italian district of San Francisco, expect some of the best Italian food you will ever eat! You really do want to make sure that you make it over to this festival and bring dad as a special Father’s Day treat!
5. Giants vs. Colorado Rockies |Sunday, June 15|1:05pm|AT&T Park, San Francisco|Of course, there are always baseball games going on in the Bay Area, so that is nothing special. However what is special is that on Sunday, Father’s Day, the Giants play at home! If your father loves baseball and you have yet to get him a present, head over to Stubhub or the Giants ticketing area and pick up a couple of tickets to make your dad’s day as special as you can!