It’s almost Friday! ABCey brings you the Weekend Lineup for the best upcoming events in the Bay Area! There is everything from music and food festivals to a relaxing Father’s Day bike ride through the San Francisco Zoo!
Weekend Lineup: San Francisco’s World Refugee Day
Friday June 16th | 12-3:30pm | Free Admission | Mission District, 1850 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA
You don’t want to miss San Francisco’s World Refugee Day! It’s fun and it’s for a good cause! The days consists of cultural performances, international food, music, speakers, a talent show, a costume show and more to commemorate the bravery and contributions of refugees!
Saturday June 17th | 12-7pm | General Admission $29 | Potrero Del Sol Park (La Raza), 1500 Utah Street, San Francisco, CA
Phono Del Sol is a music & food festival that has an awesome lineup with 10 bands that will be performing all day long! There will also be 10 food trucks with an assortment of different types cuisine as well as a skate park! This festival is an all-age friendly event that will be the highlight of your weekend!
Presidio Kite Festival
Saturday June 17th | 12pm-5pm | Free Admission | Main Parade Ground, 103 Montgomery St, San Francisco, California 94129
Make your dad feel extra special this year and take him to the Presidio Kite Festival! This family-friendly event is the perfect way to celebrate Father’s Day Weekend! Get your whole family together and head out to Presidio Park for some fun in the sun!
Raise the Temple!
Saturday June 17th | 2-10pm | General Admission $20-$27 | The Midway, 900 Marin Street, San Francisco, CA 94124
This day filled with music, art, and wellness is a fundraiser for the 2017 Temple at Burning Man! Come and show your support the build of the 18th Incarnation of The Burning Man Temple! All profits go to The Temple Build!
North Beach Festival
Saturday and Sunday June 17th-18th | 10am-6pm | Free Admission | Washington Square Park, North Beach District, San Francisco, CA
Don’t miss out on San Francisco’s 63rd annual North Beach Festival! There’s obviously a reason it has been going on for this long! There will be all sorts of foods, a variety of drinks and amazing live entertainment!
Father’s Day Bike About
Sunday June 18th | 8:30am-11:30am | $30 per peddler | San Francisco Zoo, Sloat Blvd & Great Hwy, San Francisco, CA 94132
Bring your family and celebrate Father’s Day with an exciting hour-and-a-half long bike ride through the San Francisco Zoo! Everyone will enjoy seeing all of the exotic zoo animals! Make this Father’s Day one your family never forgets!
Whether your interested in a leisurely weekend of pumpkins and painting, or looking to have some fun with cocktails and a lunar eclipse, ABCey Events has got you covered! It’s everybody’s favorite topic of the week: ABCey’s Weekend LineUp!
Off the Grid Presidio
Thursday, October 23th to Sunday, October 26th | 5PM – 9PM | Presidio Main Post Lawn | Free
Want a relaxing evening with friends, drinking beers and exploring new foods? The then Off the Grid: Presidio is the place to be. Kick back and enjoy the nice weather with lantern-lit dining cabanas, cabana style cocktail service, fire pits, and live music!
Did you know there’s a solar eclipse today? What better way to celebrate this natural marvel than in style with the California Academy of Science’s Nightlife. Enjoy some cocktails, solar eclipse DIY projects, live music, and much more at the California Academy of sciences, tonight!
Paint & Wine Party: Haunting Halloween
Friday, October 24th | 7PM – 10PM | Beyond Canvas Studio, the Mission | $50
Looking for a mellow Halloween gathering before the big event next week? Night enjoy a bit of paint and wine at the Beyond Canvas Studio in the Mission. Get a little tipsy while creating an easy to do (instructed) step by step ghoulish masterpiece!
Want a side of comedy with those eggs?! Join Cafe Royale this weekend for a bunch of brunch favorites: bacon, eggs, and did we mention mimosas with the added bonus of some feel good stand up comedy!
Sunday, October 26th | All Day | Treasure Island| $3
Looking to get a little more mileage out of that Halloween costume this year? Why not stop by Treasure Island’s monthly flea market with the added bonus of enjoying a pumpkin patch, vintage costume shopping, and did we mention 2 for 1 cocktails!
Alright folks! Looks like it’s everybody’s favorite topic of the week, weekend plans! Whether your looking to hit the clubs, get pretty in pink (gentlemen included), or listen to a little blue grass, ABCey Events is here to shed some light on the matter.
Thursday, October 2nd | 8PM | Greek Theater, Oakland | $60| Though she is only 17, and gained a record deal at age 12, Lorde has certainly become one of the biggest breakout artists of the year. Her first single “Royals” won her the title of “Best New Artist” on the 2014 Brit and Billboard Awards and the coveted title of “Song of the Year” at the Grammys! Whether your already a fan or ready to convert to one, Lorde is the artist to watch, why not at the Greek Theater?
Dance Party at Nightlife
Thursday, October 2nd | 6PM – 10PM | California Academy of Sciences| $12 | Kick off your weekend with a little bit of color! This Thursday, California Academy of Sciences hosts their weekly Nightlife Event (age: 21+) and this week they are throwing a global dance party featuring a Museum wide dance-a-thon, ODC Dance performance, Bella Gala, and even a work out class!
Supperclub SF Hosts Pink Friday
Friday, October 3rd | 10PM – 2AM | Supperclub SF | $15 online, $20 door | Get ready for what can only be described as a fabulous night! Filled with pink attire and pink drinks, this event honors Breast Cancer Awareness! Pink Friday features recording artist Kike Barrera, raffles, and signature cocktails! So get ready for a good cause as well as a fun night! Enter the promo code: THINKPINK to get $5 off your ticket sales online or at the door.
Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
Friday-Sunday, October 3rd-5th | 12PM – 7PM | Golden Gate Park | FREE | Saving up for Halloween? Why not enjoy some great music without breaking the bank? San Francisco’s annual Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival is back in town, here to celebrate music for music’s sake. So grab a blanket, set up a picnic, and just relax and enjoy good music, good people, and a great time!
BYOB Brunch Pop-Up in a Mansion
Sunday, October 5th | 11:30AM | Naked Kitchen | $40 | Want to skip the brunch lines this weekend? Why not try out a prix-fixe family style brunch in a mansion! At this Brunch Pop-Up, Chef Anthony, formerly of Michael Mina and Per Se is kicking off this October with a tasty seasonal menu!
Only two more days until the weekend. Come on, we know you can do it! To get it started, here is ABCey’s Weekend Lineup: the top five events we are most excited for.
1. Pumpkin Festival & Parade | Saturday, October 19th – Sunday, October 20th | 9 a.m. – 5. p.m. | 501 Main Street, Half Moon Bay | This is the ultimate fall festival, and we are so excited! With the world’s largest pumpkin sculpture, pie eating contests, costume contests, and a pumpkin parade, it is sure to put you in the Halloween spirit!
2. Classic Car Show | Saturday, October 19th | 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. | Jack London Square | Feeling nostalgic? Come check out iconic vintage cars from the 1920’s – 1960’s era. Some honorable mentions include Model A’s, roadsters, and Thunderbirds, and there will be live entertainment as well!
3. Fiesta on the Hill | Sunday, October 20th | 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. | Bernal Heights | This is a family friendly fall block party, hosting a petting zoo, pony rides, a pumpkin patch, and live music. The festival is open to everyone of all ages, and is alcohol free in order to emphasize family and the community.
4. Nike Women’s Marathon | Sunday, October 20th | 6:30 a.m. (race begins) | “I run to be.” On Sunday, thousands of brave woman will be induring 21.2 (or 13.1 for the half) miles of San Francisco hills and beautiful scenery. Make sure you head down to the finish line at Ocean Beach for post-race fun and excitement. And good luck to all the wonderful ladies running this weekend!
5. Friday Nights at the de Young | Friday, October 18th | 5:00 p.m. – 8:45 p.m. | de Young Museum Golden Gate Park | Friday nights at the de Young are a free weekly art party consisting of live music, dance performances, and film screenings. This week the theme is robots and festivities include multiple live performances, interactive robots, and a performance installation by Bad Unki Sista. It is going to be an amazing night so you should definitely try to check it out!