Let’s be honest, planning a great date for that special someone is hard work. Whether you’re starting a new romance, or trying to kindle an old flame, dinner and a movie can only go so far. Connect with your date on an adventure! Since planning great events is our forte, ABCey Events thought we would help you out with some amazing romantic date ideas that would knock anyone off their feet!
1. Twilight Waterways|Approximate price: $250|Our first date plan only happens a couple times a month, but lucky for you, this event is happening Wednesday, August 13. City Kayak hosts a twilight kayak tour through the Bay and starts at 6:30. It then takes you past landmarks such as Lefty O’Doul Drawbridge, McCovey Cove and the Bay Bridge. This trip is recommended for those with some kayaking experience, but if you don’t, not to worry because City Kayak offers daylight kayaking trips to practice! The Twilight Tour lasts for about an hour and a half and we recommend bookending it with a dinner date at Coqueta before and ice cream near the beach after! Make sure to bring warm clothes, your adventurous side, and enjoy your date!
2.Urban Adventure|Approximate price: $150|Spend the day riding bikes on the east side of the city, stopping at various restaurants and bars for a quick snack or a drink when you see something that catches your eye. Our favorites are Elephant and Castle and the Royal Exchange, and are especially perfect around happy hour! Bikes are available throughout the city for rent, and there’s a new bike share community called Bay Area Bike Share, with a station at the corner of Market and Beale. If you haven’t already, take advantage of San Francisco’s comedy scene and end the night with a laugh. There’s a lot of up and comers to the stage, and the eclectic city brings performers from all over the world. Through the weekend, Baron Vaughn is gracing the stage at Punch Line Comedy Club. After many appearances throughout the country including Late Night with Jimmy Fallon and Arrested Development, he won’t disappoint!
3. Napa Sunrise Flight|Approximate price: $750|Hot air balloons have always been romantic, but this date idea takes it to the next level with a sunrise balloon ride complete with mimosas and pastries. The ride takes you to the skies above the famous Napa Valley, where there are some of the most beautiful landscapes in the world. It only gets better, as when you land, you are whisked away to a 6 hour wine tour through wine country. That’s right, balloon rides and wine tasting, probably the two most romantic adventures you could have with a loved one! The wine tour goes through a series of wineries in Napa Valley, and when you get back , you will be able to impress with your swanky wine toasts, “the bouquet is common using tannins of that appellation.” Top the evening off with dinner at a local favorite, Oenotri, famous for their pizza, panna cotta, and obviously, wine. This date could also be a great weekend getaway, and might make the morning balloon ride more relaxing, if you spend a night or two in the valley!
Here at ABCey, we are always excited when the weekend comes around, and we’re sure you are too! There are some great events taking place all throughout the Bay Area, including music festivals and lots of food. No matter what you choose to do, it’s sure to be a great time!
Featured Event: BottleRock Festival | Friday, May 30 – Sunday, June 1 | Napa Valley | This is the second year of this feature music festival in Napa Valley including 60 bands with tons of wine, food, and beer. The lineup is sure to please any type of music taste with favorites including Outkast, Eric Church, Matt and Kim, and more! Even if the music isn’t enough for you, the signature local food will definitely draw your taste buds in. The food offerings range from sushi to barbecue, and everything in between. Single and 3-day passes are still available for $279.
1. Off the Grid Twilight at the Presidio | Thursday, May 29th | 5-9pm | Main Post Lawn Presidio | Here is a great example of why we love the Bay Area! Off the Grid is a reoccurring event every Thursday until June 26th and is the perfect excuse to leave work a little early this week. This event is free to the public and includes lantern-lit cabanas, campfires complete with relaxing Adirondack chairs, and plenty of food trucks. Come out and relax with family and friends while listening to the free music and taking in a leisurely summer evening.
2. Start Up and Tech Mixer | Friday, May 30th | 5 – 10pm | W Hotel, SF | This event is a great chance to network with other individuals in the tech industry and create a shared network of ideas. We’re very excited about the Start Up and Tech Mixer which will include a variety of speakers and areas for networking with other tech professionals. It’s sure to be a great time with a wide range of participants, food and drinks, and professional development. The event keeps the best of what tech conferences offer to bring a unique tech event to the industry.
3. Chocolate and Chalk Art Festival | Saturday, May 31st | 10am – 5pm |Gourmet Ghetto, Berkeley | This event is a chocolate lover’s dream with the acclaimed Gourmet Ghetto supporting local business and art at the same time! Buy tickets for the variety of dessert offerings and then sample unique chocolate, which will include: goat cheese truffles, a variety brownies, Oreo shakes, Caribbean chocolate soup, and more. The chalk art portion will include a contest between contestants on the sidewalks and will add a fun interactive flare for the event attendees. We’re jealous of all those that will make it out to Berkeley to sample these tasty chocolate dishes!
4. Live 105’s BFD | Sunday, June 1st | 11 am | Shoreline Amphitheatre | We are excited about this Sunday’s concert at Shoreline Amphitheatre for Live 105’s 20th annual BFD concert! The lineup is unique with bands ranging from Foster the People and M.I.A. to Fitz and the Tantrums. This is sure to be a fun-filled day with live music and dancing to pass your Sunday. Tickets are still available and range from $47 for grass seating to $285 center stage. Check out the lineup this Sunday!
5. Walking Distance Dance Festival | Friday, May 30 – Saturday, May 31 | Friday @ 7:30pm & Saturday @ 4pm | Locations Vary | Here is a unique chance to see dance performances outside the theatre! This weekend marks the start of the Walking Distance Dance Tour that will lead its participants throughout the Mission district watching a variety of top dance companies perform. It will be a distinct chance to view a variety of dance styles and blends of music. We’re sure this will be a great way to gain a different perspective of the city with it’s blend of dance, music, and architecture.
The weekend is just around the corner and we couldn’t be more excited! Just in time for the holiday spirit, we’ve got everything from a tree lighting ceremony, an SF Opera performance to a massive wine tasting event. Keep reading to find out more of ABCey’s fave picks!
1. Poolside DJ Set | Friday, November 22 | 9pm | Audio Discotech | Just because the weather has gotten colder, doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy summer-sounding music. This Los Angeles duo, also known as Poolside, is set to bring what they call ‘daytime-disco’. Their music will bring you straight to the beach or the pool party, or wherever you find your sunny paradise!
2. Pier 39’s Tree Lighting Ceremony | Saturday, November 23rd | 3pm | Pier 39 | Come down to the Pier for their annual tree lighting ceremony! There will be a ton of activities for the kids, such as a meet and greet with friends from the Disneyland Resort. There will also be performances from local Bay Area choirs. Make sure you stick around to the end of the night to watch the 60ft majestic Christmas tree lighting ceremony!
3. Monarch 2 Year Anniversary | Saturday, November 23rd | 10pm | Monarch SF | Time flies when you’re having fun! Come celebrate with the club that has seamlessly changed the face of the San Francisco night life scene. This party will not only feature some of the hottest DJs, but also Monarch’s friend Danny Daze. Get ready for a great night of dancing and celebrations!
4. San Francisco Vinters Market | Saturday, November 23rd – Sunday, November 24th | 12 – 4pm | Fort Mason Center | This is the first and only wine tasting and buying event in the Bay Area. Up to 200 wineries from Napa Valley, Sonoma County, Santa Barbara and beyond will be pouring their favorite wines including new releases, special collections and hard to find vintages for you to taste and buy!
5. SF Opera presents The Barber of Seville | Sunday, November 24th | 2pm | War Memorial Opera House | Enjoy a wonderful performance by the San Francisco Opera. Along with the romantic and melodic voices come impressive stage and costume designs. They cleverly transform from white to bright colors as the evening progresses. If you’ve never been to the opera before, this would definitely be a great experience for you!