ABCey’s Weekend Lineup 7/7-7/9
It’s almost Friday! ABCey brings you this week’s Weekend Lineup with the top events in the Bay Area for the upcoming weekend! After the long 4th of July weekend, here are some amazing events to keep the fun going!
Pro Beach Volleyball Tournament
July 6-9th | All Day 9am-6pm | Cost: FREE! | AVP San Francisco Open | Piers 30-32
Starting Thursday through Sunday, The Mens & Women’s AVP Pro Beach Volleyball Tour will make its return to San Francisco. Sit back & relax & enjoy some exciting beach volleyball with the scenic Bay Bridge looming overhead.
Friday Nights at the de Young
Friday July 7th | 5-8:30pm | Cost: FREE! | Golden Gate Park | 50 Hagiwara Tea Garden Drive
San Francisco, CA
Friday Nights at the de Young programs are after-hours art “happenings” that include a mix of live music, dance, theater performances & more! The café also offers a special Friday Night menu and specialty cocktails!
French Fry Fest
Saturday July 8th | 11am-5pm | Cost: $5 General Admission, $35 All You Can Drink Craft Beer & Sangria, Ages 10 & Under – FREE! | Soma StrEat Food Park | 428 11th Street San Francisco, CA
SoMa StrEat Food Park and Broke Ass Stuart are teaming up to bring you the Bay’s most delicious food trucks and pop-up shops. Come enjoy some fry specials to the sound of disco funk jams all day!
Refreshments and Resistance: A Benefit for ACLU
Saturday June 8th | 11am-3pm | Cost: $30 | Spark Social SF | 601 Mission Bay Boulevard North | San Francisco, CA
ACLU is a group of professional women who have been awakened to their capacity to effectively drive positive, progressive change in our country. Proceeds will be donated to the ACLU, which works to protect and expand Americans’ freedom to vote. Your donation includes bottomless sangria, mimosas, or a non-alcoholic refreshment of your choice!
Sunset Silent Disco Yoga
Sunday July 9th | 6:15-7:30pm | Baker Beach | San Francisco CA
Yoga at the golden hour with curated music, the incredible SF community, and outdoor yoga teacher and founder Julie Aiello. Come enjoy this picturesque, peaceful, and fun environment for some relaxing yoga. They even supply headphones so you can listen to the teacher + to curated music together!
What events will you be attending this weekend? Let us know in the comments below or on our Facebook or Twitter page!
Sources: SF Fun Cheap, EventBrite, De Young website, EventBrite, EventBrite
SF Events: 7/22/16-7/24/16
Thursday is here and the weekend is near! ABCey Events has our Weekend Lineup with the top 5 Bay Area and SF events that you don’t want to miss!
Top 5 Bay Area/SF Events
1. J-Pop Summit 2016
Fri July 22nd- Sun July 24th, 2016 | Schedule | $20-$200 tickets here | Regency Ballroom, Fort Mason Center, NEW PEOPLE Cinema (check locations here)
Jump into the J-Pop world at this summit and discover Japanese tech, culture, music, food, and film! This huge event starts Friday with Kyary Pamyu Pamyu performing as part of their World Tour (tickets and info). Then prepare yourself for a jam packed summit Saturday and Sunday. You won’t run out of things do with with: meet and greets with J-Pop stars, live performances, tech tradeshow/sessions, fashion events, interactive Summit/Showcase, panel discussions, and workshops! If that isn’t enough for you, get excited for the amazing food trucks and vendors. Guys-they have a “Sake Summit”! Also throughout the weekend, head to the Japan Film Festival for exclusive live-action and animation films, appearances, and Q&A’s. So dress up if you’re feeling adventurous, and check out this top SF event!
2. Bubble Soccer with SF Deltas
Fri. July 22nd | 2pm – 5pm | FREE | China Basin Park, San Francisco
With this beautiful weather, why not get out there and enjoy the great outdoors-with bubble soccer! With an inflatable ball around your head and torso, you never have to worry about getting hurt! The San Francisco Deltas, an American Professional soccer team, invites everyone to come learn about their team, and if you arrive before 2:30pm you get a SF Deltas scarf free! Start your weekend off right this Friday and have lots of fun bouncing and rolling around!
3. A Mad Hatter’s Affair (7pm Dinner Show;10pm Dessert Show)
Sat July 23rd | 6pm-on | $118 and up tickets here | 21+ event | Lodge at the Regency Center: 1290 Sutter St, San Francisco, CA 94109
Let the Mad Hatter be your host while you dine on an amazing feast and hangout with the cast of Alice and Wonderland! Get sucked into the magical wonderland, drink special elixirs and watch the characters and cirque, belly, and burlesque dancers perform for you. If the Cheshire Cat hasn’t hypnotized you enough, stay for dessert (extra purchase of tickets and dessert required). Now don’t be late for this very important date, jump down the rabbit hole this Saturday, and enjoy a unique experience you won’t forget!
4. McLaren Park Treasure Hunt & Fun Day
Sat. July 22nd | 10am-2pm | FREE *Register here ASAP before Fri. July 22nd | 116 John Shelley Dr., Group Picnic Area
Want to be a pirate? Well now you can! Grab your family or a few pals, and go searching for a buried treasure throughout McLauren Park this Saturday. Not only will you find a treasure, but you can also get prizes, eat great food, get your face painted, do Zumba, and play on the mobile recreation (rock climbing, biking, skateboarding, and slack lining)! So come out, and find the buried treasure!
5. SFMOMA’s Free Family Museum Day
Sun July 24th | 10am-5pm | FREE*up to 2 adults accompanying each visitor 18&younger | 151 Third St., San Francisco
Come and explore the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art with your family! To showcase their sonic installation, a collaboration with Chris Kallymer, the museum is hosting a free day where you’ll hear from his Paradise Choir (12, 1, 2, and 3pm) and Site-Specific Performances of his work (11am-3pm). Hear their stunning sound throughout the museum and join in on their mobile choruses, performances, and workshops. With so much to do, what’s stopping you from this free museum trip?
Will you be attending any of these Bay Area/SF events? Any other SF events this weekend you’re excited about? Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook or on Twitter!
ABCey’s Weekend Lineup: 11/13/15 – 11/15/15
Time flies when you’re having fun! Make the most of this festive season by getting out this weekend and attending some of the many exciting events that this city has to offer. ABCey’s Weekend lineup is back again with even more fun bay area events to spice up your weekend!
1. Friday Nights at the de Young
Friday, November 13th, 2015 | 5PM – 8:45PM | de Young Museum | FREE
Tap into your artistic side with fun Friday events at the de Young! This isn’t your regular museum visit. There is live music, hands on craft making, performances, tours, and even film screenings. This week there is a hypnosis tour in the sculpture garden that lets us get in touch with our inner selves. Sounds enlightening, right?
Friday, November 13th, 2015 | 8pm | Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, SF | $65
For those Friday nights where you want to get off work and dance the night away, there is a DJ to the rescue. Hardwell, the world renowned electronic/dance DJ is coming to the Bay this Friday to create an amazing live experience you will remember all the way until next Monday. Tickets can be purchased here.
3. Green Festival
All Weekend, November 13th-15th, 2015 | All Day| Cow Palace, SF | $15
Go green this Saturday with the 2015 Green Festival! The focus is on health and wellness with this event, featuring live speakers discussing healthy and sustainable habits and many other green focused activities. You can also shop with over 250 eco friendly vendors and learn how to put those greens to good use with demo cooking classes. See the event guide here.
4. Holiday Boutique
Saturday, November 14th, 2015 | 10AM-5PM | Los Altos, CA | $FREE
Get your Christmas shopping started early with a holiday boutique filled with tons of unique hand crafted items made by local artists and vendors. There is jewelry, gourmet food, holiday decor and much more great gift ideas! The best part about this is that the proceeds go to Children Advocates of Silicon Valley which supports foster children. Talk about shopping for a cause!
5. Chocolate Salon
Sunday, November 15th, 2015 | 10AM-5PM | Fort Mason: The Generals Residence, SF | $25
Few things are sweeter than Sundays and chocolate, which is why pairing the two is a genius idea! Join the tasting party this Sunday at the Fall Chocolate Salon hosted in Fort Mason at a quaint old Victorian. There are over 30 chocolatiers and masters of culinary art there to educate and more importantly provide samples of their exquisite luxury chocolates! Get tickets here.
With so many great events happening this weekend, which ones will you attend? Let us know in the comments below or find us on twitter and facebook!
ABCey’s Weekend Lineup: 10.18.13 – 10.20.13
Only two more days until the weekend. Come on, we know you can do it! To get it started, here is ABCey’s Weekend Lineup: the top five events we are most excited for.
1. Pumpkin Festival & Parade | Saturday, October 19th – Sunday, October 20th | 9 a.m. – 5. p.m. | 501 Main Street, Half Moon Bay | This is the ultimate fall festival, and we are so excited! With the world’s largest pumpkin sculpture, pie eating contests, costume contests, and a pumpkin parade, it is sure to put you in the Halloween spirit!
2. Classic Car Show | Saturday, October 19th | 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. | Jack London Square | Feeling nostalgic? Come check out iconic vintage cars from the 1920’s – 1960’s era. Some honorable mentions include Model A’s, roadsters, and Thunderbirds, and there will be live entertainment as well!
3. Fiesta on the Hill | Sunday, October 20th | 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. | Bernal Heights | This is a family friendly fall block party, hosting a petting zoo, pony rides, a pumpkin patch, and live music. The festival is open to everyone of all ages, and is alcohol free in order to emphasize family and the community.
4. Nike Women’s Marathon | Sunday, October 20th | 6:30 a.m. (race begins) | “I run to be.” On Sunday, thousands of brave woman will be induring 21.2 (or 13.1 for the half) miles of San Francisco hills and beautiful scenery. Make sure you head down to the finish line at Ocean Beach for post-race fun and excitement. And good luck to all the wonderful ladies running this weekend!
5. Friday Nights at the de Young | Friday, October 18th | 5:00 p.m. – 8:45 p.m. | de Young Museum Golden Gate Park | Friday nights at the de Young are a free weekly art party consisting of live music, dance performances, and film screenings. This week the theme is robots and festivities include multiple live performances, interactive robots, and a performance installation by Bad Unki Sista. It is going to be an amazing night so you should definitely try to check it out!
Will you be going to any of these events this weekend? Let us know in the comments or on Facebook or Twitter!
ABCey’s Weekend Lineup: 9.27.2013 – 9.29.2013
With the weekend rapidly approaching, it’s time to start making plans! ABCey is proud to bring you the Weekend Lineup, a list of the free events we are most excited about this weekend.
1. Now And Zen Music Festival | Sunday, September 29 | Sharon Meadow, Golden Gate Park| Noon-5| For 15 years, Alice has been putting on a free, end of summer concert and gourmet food festival in Golden Gate Park. And we’re so excited that it’s finally back! This years headliners include the Go0 Go0 Dolls and One Republic, with other musical guests stars the Plain White T’s, Larking Poe, and Walk the Earth. The gates open at 11, and the music begins at noon. Make sure to get there early to ensure good seats!
2. Smithsonian Free Museum Day | Saturday, September 28 | All Day | Various Locations | On Saturday, 17 Smithsonian sponsored museums throughout the bay area will open their doors and offer admission for free! San Francisco locations include the de Young museum, the Legion of Honor, the Museum on Vision, the Chinese Historical Society of America, California Historical Society, and Cartoon Art Museum of California. The event is free, but make to sure to reserve your ticket in advance here.
3. Treasure Island Flea| Saturday, September 28 – Sunday, September 29 | All Day | Great Lawn, Treasure Island | “One man’s trash is another man’s treasure.” This weekend, the theme of the flea market is kites! Bring a kite to fly, or make one at the market. And of course shop for eclectic, one of a kind items from dozens of different vendors.
4. Mobile Park Day | Saturday, September 28 | India Basin Shoreline Park | 11 a.m – 2 p.m | This one’s for the kids! Mobile Rec is San Francisco Parks and Recreations new program that encourages kids to “Get out and Play” both now, and for the rest of their lives. On Saturdays throughout the school year, equipment for such activities as rock climbing, skateboarding/BMX, disc golf, and sea kayaking are transported to different parks throughout the city. Kids can come and play, for free, and all equipment is provided. But of course participants are welcome to bring their own. (Please note that helmets are required during skateboarding and BMX activities.)
5. Glen Park Fall Carnival | Saturday, September 28 | 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. | Glen Park School | Another one for the kids. Come to the Glen Park school carnival in celebration of the start of fall. There will be live music, tacos, baked goods, carnival games, a bounce house, and much more. All proceeds will benefit Glen Park school.
What will you be doing this weekend? Let us know in the comments, or on Facebook and Twitter!
How To: Party on the Cheap!
It’s summertime and there’s ALWAYS a reason to celebrate! Getting the gang together for a night out “just because” can get pricy, but don’t let that stop you! ABCey wants you to have a fun mini-event while staying within budget. Here are our favorite ways to party on the cheap!
1. Find your Happy Hour | Absolutely no one with normal job hours can make a 4 p.m. happy hour. Look for bars with both food and drink specials, like El Rio in the Mission. Their happy hour goes from 1 p.m.-8 p.m. and on Fridays after 5:30, they give away free oysters. Sounds like the happiest hours of the week!
2. Take it Outside | When the weather’s this perfect, who can bother staying indoors? Tell your friends to grab a blanket and a potluck dish and meet you at the nearest park, beach, or garden! Pro tip: keep an eye out for free outdoor events in your city, like concerts and craft fairs. There’s nothing better than taking in music, friends, and good food on a summer day!
3. Stalk it Out | All around your city on any given day, there are dozens of events going on that you don’t even know about! Be up to date on your city’s happenings with websites like Fun Cheap SF that help you stay on top of all things free and inexpensive. Bet you didn’t know that there’s a free core & endurance outdoor workout today at Kezar Stadium in SF!
4. Night at the Museum | When the sun goes down, skip the bars and head straight for the museum! Spots like the California Academy of Sciences, the De Young, and the Exploratorium offer free exhibits and special events or tickets cheaper (and more inclusive) than regular admission. Let’s be honest: haven’t you always wanted to have a glass of wine while looking at art?
5. BYOB | Nothing makes wine taste sweeter than paying $15 a bottle in a restaurant! OpenTable has a list of restaurants that allow BYOB and don’t have a corkage fees. Bring the party with you by buying your own booze (and maybe slipping in a flask for yourself!)
What do you and your friends do to have a fun night out on the cheap? Let us know in a comment or on Facebook & Twitter!